Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

skell

Members
  • Posts

    585
  • Joined

Everything posted by skell

  1. We use the Print Management MMC and deploy printers through that. Like you have stated, using GPP bypasses the print server and connects the client directly.
  2. iTALC is free and works very well. Doesn't need a lot of setting up, and fairly straight forward for staff to use. Master console doesn't work with Windows 7 though. I run it in an XP VM which doesn't seem to do it any harm.
  3. I think I remember using the installer for the UFR driver when I installed it on the server. Try that. Quite frankly I'm out of ideas now sorry!
  4. Did you run the setup for the UFR driver or manually install it?
  5. Untick "Enable advanced printing features" in the Advanced tab on the workstation and check again
  6. Check what print driver the workstation is using. I suspect it may need changing if you didn't reboot.
  7. What about on the server?
  8. Yes the same combination should work. When you click on "Get Device Information" from one of your workstations and do you get the message "Got Device Information"? EDIT: Sorry, that setting is under the Device Settings tab. Also make sure you tick "Job Accounting". You can verify that the ID and PIN are working under "Settings" next to Job Accounting.
  9. Install the UFR II driver on the server, and the XP driver on the server as well. Re-deploy the printer via AD and it should work. EDIT: Actually, you don't need to redeploy the printer. Just change the driver its using on the server to UFR II. If you have installed the XP driver it should just switch over.
  10. You don't have to install it on all the workstations. Are you using the UFR II driver?
  11. Our current print server spec - Windows Server 2003 x64 - 4 GB RAM - AMD Athlon 9650 Quad Core - 160 GB HDD Desktop parts in an old 2U rackmount case. Cheap as chips and hosts a couple of other things too.
  12. We had a similar problem. We ended up using the UFR II driver for the photocopiers. Here is a generic link. Canon U.S.A: Support OP didn't say what model, but the UFR II driver I believe supports most if not all of the Canon photocopiers. EDIT: Sorry, you did! Here is the link http://www.usa.canon.com/opd/controller?act=OPDSoftwareAct&fcategoryid=2172&modelid=16849 And for the C5045i http://www.usa.canon.com/opd/controller?act=OPDSoftwareAct&fcategoryid=2172&modelid=19465 I also had to install the NetSpot device installer I think on the print server. Link http://www.usa.canon.com/opd/controller?act=OPDSoftwareAct&fcategoryid=2291&modelid=3638
  13. I think its normal behaviour. I'm not an expert on ISA 2006, but I suspect these are authentication requests.
  14. Is is closing instantly, or after a period of 60000ms? 60000ms is the default timeout period.
  15. Is the error also saying which rule its using? It could be a case of adding the IP address of the cache/filter box to the "Allow to" and "Allow from" in this rule.
  16. Have you tried setting up a monitoring filter in ISA to try and isolate the problem? I suggest you use the IP of a PC with the problem to see if ISA is blocking anything.
  17. You don't happen to have a very large file in your netlogon folder do you? We did, which was preventing replication. Removal of the file solved the problem.
  18. Codec issue?
  19. skell

    Which NAS?

    We use a QNAP TS-410 here, and despite a couple of niggles which I think (hope) are heat related, its very reliable and the web interface is extremely intuitive. We're looking into getting a second QNAP device, after having used a couple of Buffalo devices, which aren't as good in our opinion.
  20. My guess would be Norton as well. I haven't had this exact message, but similar symptoms. If it isn't in use anymore, I would remove it. If it is in use, I would remove it and replace it with something else, but thats just me Removal tool link: Download and run the Norton Removal Tool
  21. AFAIK, the server should be mail.mascalls.kent.sch.uk. FQDN if it asks for it. Are you using a proxy server? We use ISA 2006 here and had to add the internal path (/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync) to the firewall rule.
  22. Awesome!
  23. Breaking Bad Breaking Bad - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  24. Specops Gpupdate - Remote gpupdate / Wake on lan (WOL) / restart / shutdown Great piece of software and completely free. Integrates with Active Directory console.
×
×
  • Create New...