-
Posts
922 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Liam
-
Home Firewall - Is it worth it, if so which?
Liam replied to Theldron's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Me too. Works very well -
Seems to be working again now
-
We are getting and error in MS Teams when using insights.. Anyone else having this? Good things are worth waiting for. At this point, only team owners can see the Insights tab. I have confirmed the user is the owner and added myself too. Still the same message. It worked yesterday. Thanks Liam
-
No this isnt possible. I looked at this too.
- 1 reply
-
- 1
-
-
I read somewhere on here we can apply for laptops for those children who are unable to attend school at all because they have been advised not to by medical professionals.? Any ideas?
-
Teams - students able to mute and kick others
Liam replied to jblackburnHWGA's topic in Cloud Services
No it sets the organiser as presenter and anyone invited as attendees. -
Active Directory: Easy way to update display name?
Liam replied to Gongalong's topic in Windows Server 2019
Wisesoft an awesome tool. I use it almost daily for exporting etc etc. Mentioned above [emoji106] -
Teams - students able to mute and kick others
Liam replied to jblackburnHWGA's topic in Cloud Services
Legend. Had mare this this this week. Have you done it already? -
Considered these actually and used them in my last role. Good devices. I just had to be "sure". IT has been so bad for twelve years.. Literally.. Imagine no sims for three days. That bad. So I have my work cut out.
-
Teams - students able to mute and kick others
Liam replied to jblackburnHWGA's topic in Cloud Services
This is my thoughts. It would seem that's the case indeed Il check later -
Teams - students able to mute and kick others
Liam replied to jblackburnHWGA's topic in Cloud Services
Apparently today a random person joined a live lesson. I assume this is cause everyone are presenters and a kid invited someone else.? Anyone experienced this? -
Teams - students able to mute and kick others
Liam replied to jblackburnHWGA's topic in Cloud Services
Having similar issues with them recording lessons. Do you have a guide did for teachers did you say? -
I do everything to try be proactive. Today...i can't log into x..oh really.. Did you read the IT updates? We are aiming for a single identity so it's now linked to your office account. Try clicking here....and what would you know... It worked.. Shows our efforts are wasted unless your slt. But honestly I regularly review tickets. I try to be proactive. Nothing works. It's a sad situation at times cause the times it takes to raise a ticket they could have just read my poster.. Nevertheless I'm keen to try it.. Its a new school and new staff and I'm new with new aims and expectations.
-
That's my fear- but surely worth a try In my last school I would have said its not worth the effort but here it's different as staff want to help
-
Password reset ability for office staff
Liam replied to JordanT91's topic in Network and Classroom Management
Used for years https://www.burconix.com/software/download-change-password -
Just thinking about a little troubleshooting poster that I can display in each classroom. A bit of a checklist before staff panic and Call for IT. From experience of working in schools I fear that it may be a waste of time anyway and they will still Call for IT, but i am just trying to be a little more proactive. Tried the whole tip of the week etc etc so i appreciate it may be wasting my time but....i have to try. So I'm thinking have you tried.. Ensuring the plugs are in and turned on.. Amp powers on and volume up Source on Projector Loads more Etc etc Just the things we see daily.. and we get there and the teachers slaps forehead and says why didnt i see that.. Has anyone done anything like this - poster style idiots guide to ensuring the obvious sort of thing.. Hope this makes sense. Liam
-
Sorry just reread this.. Forget my last post
-
Thanks for this. Which model did you opt for?
-
Could I get a sample? Thanks
-
Hi, i am looking to start replacing a macbooks for teachers to a solid Windows Machine. Its important that i get this right. The staff have all used macbooks for years, but our whole trust strategy now means we need to start looking to transition to Windows. I'm all for user experience. I don't want staff to be negative the second i hand them a machine. There has already been mistakes made before my time with some choice of devices and its really created some resistance. I'm just curious to see what devices are handed out to staff in other schools. I think i am leaning towards a Lenovo model having used them before but i am open to suggestions. The budget is about £750.00 per device. This will be a phased approach so i need to ensure some consistency if possible over a 12 month period. Any help would be appreciated.
-
We got an email today saying they have changed from hp to dynabook Im just wondering how the students will login to the laptops if they registered to the dfe mdm Intune account. Do they issue credentials.? Liam
-
Figured it. Policy configuration for profile path in group policy. For one user (inherited system).. Once I correct that it was fine.
-
Any help with the above. Just one user. New profile. All licenses in order etc. No matter what I do I can't get it to successfully login. Had this back in 2014 which turned out to be an update- but that was all Users. Any help would be amazing. Thanks
