Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Liam

Members
  • Posts

    922
  • Joined

Everything posted by Liam

  1. I went with network security. Went very well
  2. So, I'm next on the rota for some IT Cpd next week. My audience is all support staff. This ranges from those who regularly use IT (data officers etc) to cleaners that hardly ever use a device. I'm really struggling on how to pitch it. Surely it would be better to have some kind of carousel scenario getting them logged in etc. Any suggestions would be truly amazing.. Liam
  3. So you want a timetable report for all teachers..?
  4. We use sharepoint through our staff team. Works well. Not really searchable but everything it laid out well. Im intrigued to see people's network diagrams, backup procedure documentation etc... Love a bit of documentation..
  5. Liam

    Reporting

    It works but I'm not happy about it. Thry need to catch up at capita
  6. Liam

    Reporting

    Just recieved from capita https://support.capitasoftware.com/csm?id=kb_article_view&sys_kb_id=11bfd6d31b8d1050676cdb12cd4bcbf2
  7. Liam

    Reporting

    Excel as you say. Word is fine..
  8. Liam

    Reporting

    A little more info.. So if a user runs a report in the morning, and then tries to run another report an hour or so later the results from that report are exactly the same as the one run in the morning. We use the click to run version of office, local profile. It's strange.. Just cant get my head around it.
  9. Liam

    Reporting

    Ah yeah that would help.. Sorry.. Its Sims. I have raised with capita.. But its taking them ages to reply.
  10. Liam

    Reporting

    Bit of a strange one. When some staff run reports it's bringing back reports results from historic reports. Any ideas?
  11. Yeh enabled this.
  12. So, we have some startup scripts that do bits and bobs in terms of copying network content locally. If I use GPP it works.. If I use this as a script.. Just to bring it all together.. It just doesn't work over WiFi. On lan.. Fine.. WLAN.. Different story.. I have checked the gpo for script settings, looked at path hardening, gpo wait times Etc etc.. Nothing..very temperamental with any script . Our WiFi is quite old.. Meru system.. Clients.. Brand new with latest driver etc. I remember having something at my last school.. But I'm struggling.. I'm missing something simple I feel.. Any suggestions.. Just need the systems to process scripts.. The other bits of GP work fine. Thanks
  13. We do this on the fly with gpo. No issues whatsoever.. Just works
  14. Edge too. Removed everything else. Interested to know how people got the auto sync working unless I'm missing something glaringly obvious. I auto sign in but I'm sure I didn't manage to do auto sync. Much prefer it though. Staff seem to prefer it too. Although they have all been using safari for years
  15. Genius.. Waited all day for capita. Nothing..post on here and wollah.. All done.. Thanks for that
  16. Thanks in was sort of on the right lines then. I'll try that now.
  17. Hi, so we are moving to school dinner money from just using parent pay on it's own. Unsure why the two were never linked it's well before my time. I have only just discovered that the balances for some students is negative, therfore they are in debt. How to I reflect this in school dinners.? I have been able to add credit to those with positive funds no issue but can't find a way to add the negative amounts. Sounds a bit silly, but I don't want parents to think the debt is written off. Hope this makes sense. Liam
  18. Experienced this recently. We just tweaked the presenter policies to avoid it happening again. The problem is is that we forget it's a meeting system- not a platform built for millions remote working. I'm forever being asked by teachers to enable the ability to........... I think Microsoft and other offerings will have to add such features though. Something so small like even deleting a video..
  19. Sorted Steve thanks. In system manager I was able to specify the trusted domain. Three hours later.. Tested and logging off. Everyday Is a school day. Thanks for your reply.
  20. Apparently not as sims can only see the domain it's sitting on from system manager. I think. So.. User one logs into domain.org but sims sits on the new trust.org network It would be a pain to force sims logins this week with everything going on.
  21. I have matched the domain already and binded that to our new domain. Must be a way to specify the domain
  22. It's definitely a transitional phase. But I need to get everything off the old servers and onto the new. Is there a way I can specifiy the domain within the connect.ini? I have read there is, but not how how yet.
  23. I'm just in the middle of building a new domain. Whilst I do this we have a trust between old and new. Today we had sims migrated accross to the new domain but some users still sit on the old domain. It's all poor timing I know, but, have had so much to do with this project it's been a nightmare. When a user clicks sims now it's saying Windows user, but obviously this user doesn't live on the same network as sims now. Is there a way to change this behaviour without Me having to give everyone a sims direct login? Perhaps a connect.ini change? Thanks Liam
  24. I have explored this recently. I don't believe it is possible..
  25. I'm being asked to explore how our science teachers can best manage their forms/quizzes. As you know there are limits of 200 per group / team. To me that's more than enough. Apparently not! There are concerns about when the team gets recreated at the start of next year and what happens to them quizzes. How do people manage forms in teams..an I missing something?
×
×
  • Create New...