-
Posts
922 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Liam
-
Haha. Thanks for that. I'll have a look tomorrow
-
We have just recieved some chromebooks to help some children learn remotely. I haven't had any experience using a chromebooks before. I'm wondering whaf the best way to set them up? We use office 365 so that won't be an issue in terms of them using that. I'm just worried about how we go about releasing them. Any suggestions. I'm thinking intune or something but it's near to our anniversary date for ms licensing and its not cost effective. The school have previously used Google for Ed so maybe I can use that for these? Liam
-
We have created teams for all of our classes and its being used well considering. We are now trying to use assignments more but having difficulty when using a form quid and uploading files. It just fails to upload and throws and error. Just wondering if this is by design or if anyone else encountered it.? Thanks Liam
-
Interested to see what usage tools people are using. The office 365 reporting tools don't really offer what we want and whilst the insights app is pretty useful this cant be achieved at admin level. Any advice would be great. Liam
-
Migration from network shares to SharePoint storage
Liam replied to hanmark's topic in Cloud Services
Wow Any consideration for backups? We run a hybrid system. Works well. IMO there is still a place for onsite storage. -
Setting up a new server alongside existing one
Liam replied to SteveB_NI's topic in Windows Server 2019
Create a new vlan interface. That becomes your gateway -
Just publish explorer as stated and ensure your locked down etc and you have drives mapping. It's really easy. They shouldn't need to do anything other than log in
-
From memory.. We did this recently.. Its not true sso, we just link to azure for a single form of identity.
-
Any idea what it's called?
-
Sorry it probably wasn't worded correctly. It's more reporting than monitor. I want to see what's happening on teams etc. My bad. Thanks
-
Hi guys. Just wondering what you are Doing to track the work going on remotely.?. Both office 365 and admindroid don't seem to be providing anything concrete. If anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it. Thanks Liam
-
Or group policy preferences - shortcuts. I have always used a redirected folder though.
- 5 replies
-
- desktop background
- desktop redirection
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Hi guys, just wondered if people were willing to share any remote working tips. We send out daily tips to students, and I'm making them up myself at the moment. Just things like pinning favourite channels in teams or how to share work from one drive. If anyone has anything to share I'm sure many would benefit. Thanks Liam
-
That's really surprising. Usually get a reply the same day. I would confirm your support request has been recieved.
-
The config is in solus. Relavent smtp settings need to be configured etc
-
Anyone please - Derbyshire JD for Network Manager !
Liam replied to JamesParker's topic in General Chat
Have you any responsibility? No jd will be the same- or rather, they can differ based on a lot of factors. How many staff, budget holder, how many schools? Are there any local schools you can compare with? But drop nevertheless. -
Been through this recently. Had to setup a standard user to achieve the exact needs. It's at the sacrafice of a license but I guess that's no biggy in education. Works really well for us now I just assign the admin thebrelacdnt permissions and she does the rest. I have learned that there are some limiting factors to shared mailboxes. Serve a purpose of course, but in this example my recommendation is to create a normal shared calendar user Liam
-
Apologies if this has been covered, but I am struggling to make heads with how the licensing models for office. I have been out of the education game for a short while, but the last time I did this all students and staff were entitles to office installs. It seems we only have A1 now. If memory serves, I'm sure we had to add sometbing to our license agreement to get the additional benefits. I think this is the A1 + license. Do we now need to pay for the A3 does anyone know? Again, my apologies if this has been discussed.
-
Tried it under preferences? Also done some gpo modelling to see if it should be apples.. No wmi filtering or targeting configured?
-
This does work but I could only get it to work if the same shortcut existed in the start menu.
-
Downtime would be inevitable. Do you have capacity to build a system side by side? The half term is the best time but you could od most of it in the background. I'll be doing something similar in the Coming months.
-
What are the funding constraints.? I'd just rebuild. Probably work out to be easier.
-
I used these in my last place and to be honest when branded they look the part and performed well too. I am in contact will Colin do I'll explore my options Thanks
-
Hm, I had my surface for years. Loved it. Perhaps I should have mentioned that they want the device to be around the £700 mark. Oooops. I think it's difficult to meet at needs at this price without compromising on quality or performance.
