-
Posts
922 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Liam
-
@knightrider sorry I missed this . What is it you are requiring sorry?
-
No, working fine here.
-
Sending Encrypted Emails to External Users from O365
Liam replied to bheadon's topic in Cloud Services
Works for me perfectly I did it myself about 6 months back. You would be amazed at how many phone calls I get from our staff saying their recipient couldn't open it.. My reply is.. Do you mean they can't follow simple onscreen instructions. It's really self explanatory even for those who need to use a one time passcode. I did mind based on contents of the subject box. If they type secure , encrypted or confidential it send its encrypted. -
Oh I disallowed students student too. Only email to staff allowed
-
Not that I'm aware, but as long as it's controlled it shouldn't be an issue. I created transport rules to prevent email to external domains in and out. It's good for them.
-
Flaws! Doh!! How embarrassing !
-
Yes, I get this on a daily basis... My biggest bug bare... I can't find my projector remote to freeze my board... Oh well I have gone to the effort of actually explaining this as part of Your wallpaper. Why done you just extend screen and work at the same time!! Argh.. Sometimes I think to myself if I was a teacher, I probably wouldn't get results but my lessons would be technologically advanced.
-
Ah I know mine doesn't at present. I'll look into it.
-
Yes I'd need upn, email, username, work folder. I'm a bit ocd over it.
-
Yes totally agree. I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that most schools now have a different solution for everything from reward systems to parents evening systems. This only creates further complication for staff as we introduce or slt introduce more and more systems. Ict staff literacy has always been a concern of mine. Despite my best efforts I get about 5% of 100 staff turning up to anything. We almost need an Ict professional to observe lessons and suggest better use of Ict but then unions don't like this. Fighting a losing battle really. I have given in to the fact that I'm providing the tools, if the choose not to use them then what more can I do ?
-
So salamander users ... What do you do for those staff that change their name? Eg married/divorced? Manual process?
-
I have found there to be some floors though with it. Simple things like the inability to drag a folder to it..nightmare. You can if you use the one drive for business app but I have found this to be troublesome too. Sync issues etc etc. I am trying to promote it, but also creating myself more work sometimes. Some schools have completely replaced home drives for one drives. Bonkers in my opinion but i guess they have their reasons.
-
I disabled USB. Ok faced massive resistance earlier on but I had backing from slt ... At the time there was a school not so far away that experience a serious ransomware attack. Im confident that I have things in place to Prevent this but they understand my reasoning. One drive usage , I said why limit yourself to a computer. So most downloaded the office apps on their personals phones and tablets and now smash one drive via that. We are using class onenote very well too. Many depts collaborating. Ms Lync is also becoming more and more popular now. Two years on though at my place.
-
Im looking at upgrading some of the ICT equipment in our Drama Studio / Performing Arts Studio. At present we have a little trolley with a PC and fixed Monitor that is also connected to our projector. Works well enough i guess but it does have its limitations with regards to movement. My biggest gripe at the moment is replacing the sound lead that keeps breaking. Unfortunatley this runs about 30M back to the speaker input / Lighting room. Im thinking mobile.. maybe a surface and a display adapter? This would allow the teacher to move around freely (with some training)... but then what about those presenation evenings? what do you guys do? Im sure im not the only one thinking this now? This is the direction some schools are going in the classroom already. Id appreciate any ideas and some photos would be extra awesome! Thanks Liam
-
Remember that the start screen will only work if you are using the same os that you exported from. I made this mistake. Things also only appear if they exist in the start menu .i pinned things using a redirected student start menu.. When I logged in as staff it didn't pull things in as they didn't appear in the staff start menu. It's working for me now flawlessly. Only works with enterprise and education I think.. And also ensure you have the start layout set in GpO
-
I am already using the ms version. They say they are on the latest version so El Capitan I guess.
-
Sorry, that was meant to read no it doesn't lol.. Fat thumbs
-
Nip emit doesn't. Damn. Back to the board
-
My mac users reporting its frequently dropping connection. It's completely fine on Windows. More than one user have reported it now so it's got to be a Mac issue? Any ideas?
-
Sorted.. Removed the gateway from deployment properties. Saved it. Readded the gateway and what would You know !
-
Anyone doing this ? Azure - enable users to change their AD passwords
Liam replied to Liam's topic in Cloud Services
You can change that though can't you? I seen an option to force that page -
So i just tried to log on via web access and I'm getting an error that the gateway server is temporarily unavailable when I select an app. Internally it works but I bypass the gateway for that. So that's expected. It only stopped working today after a reboot. Apps display as expected but I assume there is something not quite right. I checked iis and everything seems fine. If anyone could offer some advice or support here I would greatly appreciate it.. Thanks In anticipation. My head hurts after the day I have had
-
Awesome.. I have done that to be honest and made some changes to workstation settings as I would for any other machines in school. Eg configure loopback etc
-
I think I'll enable teredo tomorrow I have read it performs much better. Are there any gp tweaks I can make to speak things up? I think a couple of minor changes could Make a big difference
