Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Liam

Members
  • Posts

    922
  • Joined

Everything posted by Liam

  1. A lot of our stuff are just udf's in sims. Sims photo true or false. Gives staff the option then
  2. No it's internal i think
  3. Yes I seen that before with a dodgy nic on a really old web server we had years ago! Causes all sorts of issues. Also ensure there are no other devices handing out dhcp addresses. A lot to take in there but it gives you an idea. Might be worth reviewing the network setup to prevent things like this. If you are unsure do you have a next level support company that could help?
  4. You will have to let us know the outcome
  5. Agreed ... so first thing go to your server room / office where it is located and checks for physical connectivity. If you have that, plug your laptop directly in to the smootheall device with a static IP in the same range. If you get a reply on a ping then try and get out to the Internet, ensuring your gateway address is correct. If you establish connection to the Internet directly connected you know you can rule that out. If that's the case, jump back on here and I'm sure we can all sort it with you! [emoji6]
  6. Can you get out to the Internet on the servers. Sounds very much like there is an issue with the smooth wall appliance to me. If you can't ping that then there is networking problems between that and your network. Often us Ict folk try and thing of the most complicated thing it could be. This is where the osi model comes in. Just try not to overthink it and you will sort it.
  7. Can you ping your DNS server? I assume you have this roll on one of the two servers if not both?
  8. If you can't ping the smootwall device which I assume is your gateway address it suggests that's possibly your issue? Has the appliance lost its config potentially? Has it been updated recently? Can you plug a laptop into it with a static ip and communicate with it that way? Have you confirmed your smootheall appliance has defo got network connectivity ? Does this run from the core switch? I know you said unmanaged but you defo don't have any vlans?
  9. Osticket me! Works well. Reasonably easy to install. User interface too!! Never going to get away from staff just emailing support @ but they just fall onto the supportdesk anyway. Used to use spice works. Did the job i gotnto admin. I had my web designer lads customise our osticket install and make it our own.
  10. Is dhcp working and giving out the right gateway address? Have you got any possible loops in the network? Is DNS working correctly? Is it that PCs aren't getting the correct policies from group policy? Maybe try assigning a static IP and manual proxy and trying that way? Have you contacted your isp to confirm connection status?
  11. Yup bags exactly what I did.. I use the same version and monitored it last year via impero.. Staff hammered it.. Maybe becuase my new approach is... If you have forgot your password , then what would you do if I forgot my password?
  12. We use ms forms. Lacks some functionality yet but it's being improved all the time.
  13. Just delegate permission to staff?
  14. I'm going for server too . Gp result a computer and ensure everything adds up. E.g network drives . Or turn some policies off one by one to narrow it down
  15. Failing that you will need to run a packet sniffer like wireshark as you mentioned. Just turn on the monitor and let Google be your best friend when analysing results
  16. Is there anything in event viewer on the PCs? If you remove network connection prior to the time of freeze does it still do it?
  17. It's not an issue just becomes overkill I think @Michael means. If this is seen across all devices then its either your core or server infrastructure. Are any backups configured to run at the time? What are the exact symptoms ? Does the PC completely freeze of just lose connection to network resources.
  18. Similar experiences here! Nightmare really.. Need to increase the work force!
  19. Windows updates? Any scheduled tasks? Any scripts? Anything set on impero?Not got spice works or something similar doing a network scan? Av doing a scan ? Have to tried a process of elimination? Turning all machines in school down and seeing if it happens in one room at a time?
  20. Both attached in same email . Do a spreadsheet and individual forms for users. I cross ref you see
  21. @mdrabble I'll send tomorrow
  22. Our issue now is that it's not updating balances when lunch has been bought. Parents are rightly asking what's the point in having this I'f they can't see their balance. I have raised it with cunninghams so hopefully they will get around to resolving this asap
  23. Word template. It just using ad attributes in a mail merge I assume. I can send you mine and you can amend if you wish. Salamander do the rest
  24. We use the planner feature of Epraise now. Works well as we only have one system now. Good product Epraise and support is first class . Links to sims for parental access too.
  25. I had the issues with ad single sign on. They changed ip addresses and my firewall rule don't reflect it. Not that is it? Everything the same in terms of ad settings? You haven't moved used from one ou to another?
×
×
  • Create New...