-
Posts
2,543 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by ICT_GUY
-
Photographic paper is a must, go to your local print shop and pay 40P. I have studio lighting in school and home, I should do passport photos for staff.
-
You would have to be a determined data thief to restore the data from tapes. Realistically, if they are in a safe at home, no one is going to nick them. The tapes are worthless, and having the now how, the right drive, server and a use for the information is a pretty unlikely scenario.
-
Then they must give you policy!
-
I have been pretty vocal of my approval for this company, so it is only fair that I raise my recent concerns with the recent level of service. It would appear that they are cutting back on personnel with support quirries going unanswered for days at a time. Their sales number has been cut off and their live support is history. Not a good sign.
-
AWesome
-
Promethean has a student edition of their software, which you can install legally. Its the same as the full blown version it just wont drive a whiteboard. As for other software, its not worth going to jail or paying a huge fine for. Get SMT to make the decision in writing. If they tell you in writing to install pirated software report them and claim a big fat juicy reward.
-
There is a bit of a upset about the name as apple does not actually own it.
-
Thinking hats on please! New build.
ICT_GUY replied to Rick2134's topic in AV and Multimedia Related
I must admit thats a pretty sickening amount of money for one year -
[ms office - 2007] Strange word printing problem
ICT_GUY replied to rh91uk's topic in Office Software
I think it might be a colour space issue, is the imported picture a standard Jpeg? Also in word? Poor kids PagePlus: FREE Desktop Publishing software download get them using this, its free and VERY good for basic designed flyers and magazines. -
I liked it so much I tried it again!
-
A HEALTH AND SAFETY NIGHTMARE! Look at all those cables lying tangled under the desk! Will nobody think of the children!!!11
-
'Delete all printers 'on error resume next set wNet = createobject("wscript.network") Set wshNetwork = CreateObject("WScript.Network") 'Remove ALL old printers 'Enumerate all printers first, after that you can select the printers you want by performing some string checks Set WSHPrinters = WNet.EnumPrinterConnections For LOOP_COUNTER = 0 To WSHPrinters.Count - 1 Step 2 'To remove only networked printers use this If Statement If Left(WSHPrinters.Item(LOOP_COUNTER +1),2) = "\\" Then WSHNetwork.RemovePrinterConnection WSHPrinters.Item(LOOP_COUNTER +1),True,True End If 'To remove all printers incuding LOCAL printers use this statement and comment out the If Statement above 'WSHNetwork.RemovePrinterConnection WSHPrinters.Item(LOOP_COUNTER +1),True,True Next 'end delete existing printers
-
I have a script for that,
-
Current forum silliness, an end
ICT_GUY replied to Dos_Box's topic in General EduGeek News/Announcements
Anything you do during work time belongs to your employer. -
Well done! Now take a look at your bank balance, it will be a long time before it looks that healthy again
-
If you confiscate an item you take responsibility for its safe keeping. By taking it from the kid you prevented him from being able to ensure the safe keeping of his property. Time for the school to cough up for a new one.
-
Smash the Looms!
-
Current forum silliness, an end
ICT_GUY replied to Dos_Box's topic in General EduGeek News/Announcements
I think people forget this very fact. Everything you post can be interpreted by a kill joy suit in an ivory tower were a sense of humour is considered a personality defect. You write something, even in jest, someone somewhere will take it literally and that folks could loose you your job. -
[closed] misc: Visitor Message Spam
ICT_GUY replied to RabbieBurns's topic in EduGeek.net Site Problems
All I get is email about my man engine (How did they know my civic was bust?) and how I can avoid disappointing my wife by getting a huge instrument (she has never shown an interest in anything musical) and most recently they want me to give my wife loving madness by being a passionate sinner. Oh an apparently my man sausage is not going to impress anybody, though in all honesty the bratwurst from Llidol has been a little off lately -
I bought it in germany, I will post a pic when I did it out. It has no tank but a long hose. It builds up the pressure in the hose then you get a good blast of air (4 x as powerful as a can), you get a good blast every 3 - 4 seconds, enough to clean a PC in less than a minute. The small compressors with a tank are heavier but have far more ooommph. Avoid any of the cheap ones that have a battery pack or such like. I also have a £45 oil free compressor that works a treat with a small tankl.
-
Using an LCD TV as an electronic noticeboard
ICT_GUY replied to techman's topic in AV and Multimedia Related
We use powerpoint and real vnc, powerpoint will happily run on it continually and only has an issue on patch Tuesday when it reboots automatically. It has no keyboard or mouse and runs on an old celeron 600 with half a gig of ram. -
I have a portable air compressor that uses a kettle lead and is the size of a large brief case.
-
I have used them for 4 years and host 9 sites with them, never had a problem and technical support has always been 100% I have had upgrades, site moves, data recovery ect all done for me within a 3 hour time scale. What more could you ask for?
-
Vacuum cleaners and computers are a bad idea due to the high static build on the cleaner. Cleaners tend to be made of plastic and the air running over them can quickly build up enough of a charge to zap memory Computer Cleaning Information
