Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

ICT_GUY

Members
  • Posts

    2,543
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ICT_GUY

  1. I have a very dim view of the police when it comes to "crimes" that are beyond theft and violence. The notion that the innocent have nothing to fear is naive and farcical. These powers were anti terror powers and are now being used on very obviously non terrorist cases. There was mention of indecent photos in the investigation, which if true would very much explain the preference for prison time for failing to give a password as opposed to jail time as a sex offender. I dislike intensely the state interfering with peoples private lives and sticking their noses into every aspect of our everyday lives just in case we make some infraction of a law that we probably know little about. There are a lot of laws that probably only exist to give plod something to do other than keeping the peace.
  2. Desire is my best phone yet for signal, works very well for voice and data, a little shaky on texts sometimes but that's three for you. WAY better than any Nokia I have ever owned.
  3. Bullying people by making embarrassing claims against people is extortion. They deliberately accused people of downloading g a y p o r n so that they would not want to go to court. Sympathy level will be toasting natural justice tonight.
  4. Cheap multi voltage psu's from wilkinsons work well, Or you can buy 12V supplies from Maplin that are better built and will last. Great for trouble shooting too.
  5. That's falling with style.
  6. Its narrated by Kojack http://carolan.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/savalas.jpg
  7. I was about to say it was an ad, otherwise that guy has WAY too much free time.
  8. For some of us it would only take a quick rinse.
  9. Yes can you give info on that deal please.
  10. Can anyone hook me up with a copy of Lan View 4? The link I was sent as a paying customer has expired.
  11. Don't be bringing Alice in wonderland into this.
  12. In my case I just cannot get it to work reliably, it falls over all the time for what should be a REALLY simple installation. All I want it to do is farm out one version of the AV to the network and set it to update. I am reinstalling the software and I am going to go through it step by step.
  13. I have wasted the best part of a week trying to get this god damned horrible piece of software to work. Remote admin is a nightmare. It will fall over for no reason, it will refuse to update a client if it has an earlier version. Clients won't connect even though they have ALL the right settings. Then sometimes they will. Push installations will fall over on a random basis. All I want it to be able to download a package, farm it out over a network and then keep tabs on what's going on. Is this too much to ask? ARGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:getmecoat:
  14. Way too true. Anyone would think that people doing journalism degrees were not that bright.
  15. Very obvious stab in the dark, the problem drive is not Fat32 by any chance?
  16. Love film is doing very well, it is a great idea. Not sure of how long it will last. It looks like Blue Ray is turning into a new version of laser disks, with major parties saying it should be scrapped. New technology has already superseded it. Will everything be electronic downloads on demand or will DVD just keep on going as a cheap and easy ubiquitous format? Our local ASDA does not stock Blue Ray Players or Films. Loads of cheap DVD's though.
  17. Blockbuster video rental stores goes bust as it files for bankruptcy Sign of the times, out of date unsustainable business model. Failure to move with the times and failure to deal with postal rental services. Very sad, I have very fond memories of walking to the video store. I am sure I am not the only person to have picked up a store manager there either. ;-)
  18. I had one today with the tag, epic.
  19. £3380 per year is a lot of money.
  20. 26K prints on a colour laser printer? That's got to cost a bomb. Making it less convenient to print would be a great way to cut down on costs, also the fact that others might see what they are printing will stop the holiday snaps being run off.
  21. The fallout from the second case could easily cost the guy his life. Pretty much once accused your life is over.
  22. Its added to the list of bypass sites here.
  23. We are facing a 4K bill for internet access next year, has anyone implemented a private connection and if so how much? Sorry for the Hi Jack.
  24. ICT_GUY

    Log in box

    The little darlings here are dragging the login box off the side of the computer. Is there a keyboard shortcut that I can teacher the staff to use to bring it back or a policy to set that will fix it into position?
  25. I am pretty sure Darwin will sort this one out.
×
×
  • Create New...