-
Posts
2,543 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by ICT_GUY
-
I have to get AD onto it then DHCP desktops and start menus. Then the network will work. Then its adding wus nod32 and the Intranet. I will be taking an image of the server when its complete. virtulization would be the way forward, possibly when I have time but more likely when I upgrade the servers again in 3 years time.
-
I have back ups. The server should have been 64bit anyway and it had a few issues with previous versions of the software. The difference in a restore or rebuild is probably no more than an hour or two.
-
Have you tried resetting your main server manually? This would at least sync everyone to roughly the right time.
-
[news] Police issue paedophile warning over 'Pedobear' internet joke
ICT_GUY replied to ZeroHour's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
I really dont have much faith in the judiciary being rational about anything ever. -
Cant fint the 32bit os disk, so I am rebuilding it from scratch with 64bit functionality. Network is down, its going to be a fun day. Perhaps even nod32 will now work correctly? Who knows?
-
No regrets, well one but that was a long time ago and it best not to dwell on the past.
-
No i have no guilt, about anything.
-
[news] Police issue paedophile warning over 'Pedobear' internet joke
ICT_GUY replied to ZeroHour's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
Seriously, some poor kids is going to get put on the sex offenders register for having one of those. Remember those Lisa Simpson sex cartoons from a few years back? Having them makes your a pedo you know, people have been successfully prosecuted in this country for that. -
I am happy with my lot. I must admit that I would like not to be overdrawn every month. I have resprayed the civic matt black and serviced and under sealed it it. this has cost me £45. If I had a new car I would be paying £200+ a month for years. This brings a certain amount of smug satisfaction. Even more so when I remember that I bought it 5 years ago for £500 and have never had a major bill for it.
-
I married a teacher, they earn lots more than us, I recommend this as a great way to improve your standard of living.
-
Its working through SWGFL, I set mine up again this weekend.
-
I earn half what I did 10 years ago and I am way more than twice as happy.
-
Words cost nothing and are worth less than that. Money is the way an employers shows how you are valued.
-
Virus send via emails, who's responsible?
ICT_GUY replied to dsquared2's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
I would have to say the person who creates the virus, or you could go after Microsoft for making their OS less than secure. -
Head of the catholic church and head of state, he is kind of important regardless of your religious views.
-
I am having difficulty upgrading this since it only wants to download the updates via FTP, the smart discovery software won't do it. I may take it offline and try to update it when its not causing a disruption. Its good to know this might be worth while.
-
It only has the option to be set as number 1, I had thought that I could have dumbed it down a little.
-
No port errors, none. I have had everything out of it and it still shows the same problems. Though I have yet to test it as a standalone).
-
Also the web interface is incredibly slow when compared to others on the network.
-
Zulu gets my vote, then the matrix plus office space. The expendables is a modern classic along with the dawn of the dead remake. Zombie land would probably rate as well. Aliens and the Die hard films would also be there plus Smokey and the bandit. Can I have Crank 1 & 2 as well? Then a personal favourite, Deliverance.
-
We have a brace of GS724T's as the back bone of our network. We recently bought a GS724TS and installed it on the network. It appears that the new switch really is not happy talking to the others. Big files will zip across without a problem, however, DHCP barley works and pushing printers out does not work (affecting anything plugged into the new switch) Has anyone come across this? I am going to have to replace the switch this afternoon unless it can be fixed. I have updated the firmware on the older switches already.
-
This came through the school email system the other day, I thought I would share.
-
Is not on Amazon. Where did you get it?
-
Sound glitches on steam for voice comms can be solved by knocking the sample rate for recoding down to cd quality or less. DVD quality sounds like you are under water (vista and above).
-
The whole case is earthed, you could no more get a shock by putting you fingers inside as touching the outside. There is no difference. The guy is 100% idiot.
