-
Posts
2,543 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by ICT_GUY
-
Sketchers seem to last for me, though old army boots last for years.
-
Active Desktop display picture through GPO
ICT_GUY replied to gcurran1982's topic in Windows Server 2000/2003
Actually you have not actually described what the problem actually is. -
Yes thats the one
-
Yes it does, as we were sold a 5 year grantee.
-
Im buying one of the Maplins soldering stations and a load of soldering tips. 60watt variable should do the trick :-D So far ive repaired 2 motherboards, with great success. Though the solder seems to have a very high melting point or, the board is acting as a heat sink. I have resorted to drilling them out with a 1mm drill bit rather than trying to desolder them. :-D
-
As a general rule you can go to the next voltage up without any problems as long as they fit. It gives the capacitor a little more headroom. This is the advice I was given when repairing my plasma TV.
-
Just a quick heads up, We bought a load of PC's from SCL Online (since been taken over), They have had various problems, the most serious is Capacitors blowing on the MSI 945gcm7 motherboards. No warranty , so now I'm looking at having to solder new capacitors onto the motherboards. They are 1000uf 16V (replaced with 25v) and are £1.20 on ebay for 10. If you have these boards, its wise to check them. :-(
-
Video Gamers Unable To Distinguish Fantasy from Reality
ICT_GUY replied to sonofsanta's topic in General Chat
Since giving up almost entirely on Video Games. I have lost even more weight, I enjoy life, I have real friends and don't feel like life is passing me by. If only I could go back in time to when I was a PFY and give myself a kick up the coccyx and force myself to go out more! :-D -
Actually a visual inspection would be prudent.
-
Ive been fixing lots of electronic stuff lately. (A 3 year old 42" plasma TV that I got for free has been my largest success). Check the logic board for defects. If its a burnt resistor it can be fixed for not much with the right tools. (I had to replace some on the plasma that were smaller than a pin head).
-
I thought that technically its not hacking its Phreaking?
-
IE6? Oh the huge Manatee! 2001 called and they want their crappy browser back!
-
[website] Resignation Letter [NSFW DUE TO SWEARS]
ICT_GUY replied to featured_spectre's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
Nice! :-D -
-
If scrapping them use a hammer. Fastest and most reliable way. It always comes down to juast how valuable that data is. If its financial data for a big firm then I would degauss it and chop it in lots of little pieces. If its curriculum Hard Disks, a big hammer is enough. Good exercise too.
-
It broke all my addons!!!!!!!1111
-
machiavellian : Get new shiny bits of kit by playing politics with the SMT when told no for good reasons by the IT department.
-
Clairvoyance Predicting what is wrong with the computer and how long it will take to fix while possessing no technical skill.
-
Power Ranger : Calling a technician out to plug something into the power socket.
-
Change batteries ups go on for forever, its solid state stuff, very little to go wrong.
-
[video] Well.... its one way to destory data on a disc....
ICT_GUY replied to gmj's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
Nice , You can microwave them, thats always fun -
I watched the Rite last night, Ok film, with poor ending and no mention of the wedding at all!
-
All photos can benefit from processing in photoshop and from raw format, as you decide how the photo looks not the programmer who wrote the processing software. I usually like my photos to have a processed look as they stand out from snaps. As for raw verus jpeg, no question, I always shoot in Raw, I can easily export to jpeg later, and if I do get that one perfect shot, then I can always process it later. I learned my lesson with a family portrait I took two years ago in Jpeg. I got the exposure wrong , which I could have easily fixed in PS from a raw file but in the jpeg the clarity and ability to fix was lost. My grandfather passed away shortly after and the so did the option of taking the photo again. Shoot raw, process manually the best ones, export the snaps automatically.
