-
Posts
2,586 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by alan-d
-
Yes it can.
-
I can just imagine the driver sitting in the car... looking down and saying ...............oops .............
-
I'd suggest using a CMS - it's a lot quicker as you are just editing pages that already exist. If a feature doesn't exist on the stock version then a good CMS will have plenty of support and plugins. This Site took about 2 or 3 days to go live. I just add and take away bits when I have time
-
Oh dear!!! Time for the dart gun chaps
- 4,290 replies
-
- assistance
- background
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
lol you'd say that even if it wasn't To be fair to us Alan 99/100 it usually turns out to be either a site related problem or a schools local network issue. Yes, sites do get blocked etc by Smartfilter, but as you know we are working on that ie Smartfilter DA. And I have ways of checking externally.....! hehehe - that's a sign of guilt when you go on the defensive We know you do your best As you've mentioned it - is there a date as to when it will be ready? No not as yet. Last I heard still some issues to iron out. Smartfilter are due to release an patch upgrade shortly, I'm told school pilot testing will start shortly afterwards. OK - I won't hold my breath then
-
Try Neos IT training in Worcester if it's not too far from you. http://www.neos-it-training.com/crs_sqlserver.php - ring them for a quote - the cost is usually around half of that shown on the web site for educational establishments.
-
lol you'd say that even if it wasn't To be fair to us Alan 99/100 it usually turns out to be either a site related problem or a schools local network issue. Yes, sites do get blocked etc by Smartfilter, but as you know we are working on that ie Smartfilter DA. And I have ways of checking externally.....! hehehe - that's a sign of guilt when you go on the defensive We know you do your best As you've mentioned it - is there a date as to when it will be ready?
-
lol you'd say that even if it wasn't
-
OMG!!! You mentioned the 'D' word 8O "All security personnel to Jakes Cage immediately" repeat "All security personnel to Jakes Cage immediately"
- 4,290 replies
-
- assistance
- background
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
All I ever do is copy all the files from the server and backup the DB and keep them safe on my home PC and a USB stick. Then if the site goes down it's easy to ftp the files back and restore the DB. I use phpMyAdmin which makes backing up and restoring the DB a lot easier.
-
Thanks - I'll have a look - it looks just the job
-
Trusted domains list I can do. No idea where to start with the java thing though.
-
From a menu link on an Intranet page I want users to be able to run Lessonm.exe on the local machine. Any ideas on how I do this?
-
re-size iframes to hold content without scrollbars
alan-d replied to beeswax's topic in Web Development
A bit late but saw this whilst looking for something else I believe the bit you want is - scrolling="auto" -
Did he comb his hair just for the interview?
-
Should be standard issue for all ICT Technicians
-
Is your school going to continue with the KS3 ICT test?
alan-d replied to broc's topic in ICT KS3 SATS Tests
We are going to use it as an informal assessment tool for 2007 and re-evaluate it's usefulness after that. It's inevitable that electronic testing and examinations will become the norm in future so it's better to keep our hand in, so to speak and lessen the shock at a later date We are lucky in that our students have the capacity to take on a diversion like this and exam results are unlikely to suffer, but I would imagine that the 'less well off' schools have a difficult decision to make. Ignore the testing and hope current practice improves results or take a chance that it will help assess pupils performance. Technical issues aside it could be a useful tool for some, it's up to individual schools how they want to make use of it. The last point I want to make is that if we ignore it, we can't assess or comment on it with any accuracy to be able to give feedback to improve it in the future. -
Congrats to both of you Does that mean edugeek membership has just gone up by 1 ?
-
Welcome Amyr Take no notice of the madness above - a few weeks here and you'll be just as daft
- 4,290 replies
-
- assistance
- background
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Won't be around for few days and also a national scandel
alan-d replied to russdev's topic in General Chat
Think yourselves lucky - I didn't have a TV when I was a kid When we did get one I was hooked on Laurel & Hardy, Abbott and Costello and Norman Wisdom Come to think of it, that's probably why I have a strange sense of humour wibble!!!!! -
Yes you are quite right............ Please folks remember to take the Year 7's out of the Blazers before ironing them. They tend to stick to the lining if you don't
-
I've just come across a flyer for ONfinity Portable Interactive Whiteboard System. Not sure if thats what you mean. I've not looked too closely yet or got a price but looks interesting.
-
BETT 2007 - Where do we go from here?
alan-d replied to Dos_Box's topic in General EduGeek News/Announcements
How about the 'Edugeek' Show at the NEC BETT would then be one of those little spin off shows -
Yes please Ric - I'm looking into this very subject for the summer break
-
Won't be around for few days and also a national scandel
alan-d replied to russdev's topic in General Chat
Yep - nothing like a good hot iron for those hard to achieve creases ............... oops - wrong thread :oops: Good luck to you and the other half Russ - cya when you get back
