Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

alan-d

Members
  • Posts

    2,586
  • Joined

Everything posted by alan-d

  1. I know what you are saying - I was thinking more of the marking being automated
  2. Nothing really until you get to a psychology exam or you have to explain a theory in science or discuss a poem or book in literature. However MFL oral exams online would be an achievement
  3. Up to date info on: Service Desk software Signage software & Hardware Would be appreciated. If available Seems like I can't get to the show now
  4. Glad you are enjoying yourself - seems like none of us here get get there this week
  5. I think RM are still charging £492 for a floppy drive
  6. Online testing and examination is definitely the way forward especially for those 'hard facts' subjects such as maths. It would reduce the error rate during the marking process. Online tests for subjective material may take longer, but there is no reason why it shouldn't happen provided that it is planned properly and uses an interface which is universally recognisable. There is a danger that online examinations will end up a multi-choice only option or put through a scanner to pick out key words, which may or may not indicate that a subject is learnt and fully understood. Yes online is the future - but not until it has been planned in consultation with users first.
  7. alan-d

    Yay?

    At BETT I presume - buying everyone a beer as RMs rep
  8. See the good news thread http://www.edugeek.net/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5847 We are just waiting for the teaching staff to decide what to do. Shouldn't be too hard as they like it less than us
  9. alan-d

    Yay?

    Party Time!!!!
  10. More accurately 'it may not' happen it 2008. It is being reviewed. Yes you can ignore it this year but if it does happen you'll end up playing catchup. I'm no great fan of it but I'd rather have the option to try it and put my opinions forward than sit back and criticise something I know nothing about
  11. RM & QCA actually recommend that you run it on a server that does little else, is not a DC and network use throughout the rest of the school is kept to a minimum.
  12. Buy a licence from Ramesys????
  13. Anyone here using the Smartboard 600i system? LINK If so, are they any better than a standard install of Board & projector? Running costs of the inbuilt projector?
  14. I've been looking at this very thing The best suggestion (for us) would be a large dropdown screen, projector and one of those tablet thingys for the interactive bits. The proper name escapes me at the mo That would cost us approx £3500 - most of that is the fitting and extra spec projector.
  15. I'd go for Ranger - as already stated - sits easily on a vanilla system, is not as expensive as some, is very easy to use, and is esy to remove if no longer needed. We had it for nearly 3 years to get us through and now use vanilla 2003.
  16. Thanks - found it on the support tools but forgot to post
  17. A whole building just for you? Thats not fair
  18. So Russ didn't clean the toilets then? Bugger - I'll have to wait till I get home now
  19. Russ has cleaned the toilets?
  20. CPD?? Job listings is up to date?
  21. alan-d

    Ofsted

    All ofsted sites off here, we thought the whole site was down. (Might have know BGFL would have something to do with it ) *runs into hiding place*
  22. Member Services > Edugeek Wiki points to http://www.russdev.com/edugeek and seems to be a dead link.
  23. A handy little app that can create thumbnails quickly and easily and rename them as well. Easy for kids to use as well Download from HERE
      • 1
      • Thanks
  24. Try Mesh computers for an off the shelf type rig http://www.meshcomputers.com/ or configure your own via the same site. I had one a few years back and my lad is still hammering it with games, music, video and occassionally college work
  25. Made my own but may use the new intranet when it's launched in the next couple of months. (Waiting for a new server )
×
×
  • Create New...