Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

alan-d

Members
  • Posts

    2,586
  • Joined

Everything posted by alan-d

  1. We've just had another blocked for supposed bad language! Not even the option to get it released! BGFL NOTE: Teddy is going in the corner shortly
  2. Keep the case open and say you are not satisfied with their solution. You will need to supply them with example emails that have been blocked.
  3. Not to and from Ofsted but we are having problems of BGFL blocking emails - especially those with the surname 'Young'. They haven't worked out how to adjust the filters yet! Call it into the helpdesk - they may realise that our problems are more widespread than they think.
  4. As above - Parents check our website first and it's also publicised on various radio stations and the LEA site. Nice idea but I'm afraid I can't use it so therefore 'I'm out'
  5. I know what I meant The only thing that may cause it is the PIRs but that's a long shot which ruckus should be able to handle. It would be useful if we could tell ruckus to ignore or switch off certain channels when in auto mode though. It looks like we may have to manually configure the channels now Still testing though, so just speculation at the moment.
  6. @ SimpleSi One problem that seems to be emerging here is that Channel 6 does not work correctly here. The Laptops see the AP but keep losing the connection. Forcing the AP to use another channel seems to fix the problem. We suspected this with our old wireless kit but it is easier to diagnose with the ruckus kit. It may be worth a look on your network. It may not be the the end of our problems, as we are still testing etc but early findings seem to suggest this.
  7. No just ordinary laptops. Various models from HP, Toshiba, Stone & Rock. Around 400 of em!
  8. We are having the same problems here - not a happy bunny at all . Support has been on the case for a week and still no resolution
  9. You mean something like this? Sutton Coldfield Grammar School For Girls
  10. I didn't want to hurt their feelings
  11. Would something like the Fuzzy Duck Notepad be of any use? http://wareseeker.com/Home-Shell-Desktop/fuzzy-duck-notetab-1.0.6.zip/204317 May need some tweaking though. The writer is an edugeek member but has not been around for a long time.
  12. Very true but you do wish they'd take a day off sometimes
  13. On second thoughts Newsletter says: http://www.services.bgfl.org/myportal/custom/files_uploaded/img_library/link2ict_60.jpgLink2ICT Customer Satisfaction Survey 2009 Link2ICT want to ensure that we are meeting your needs no matter how individual they are and in order to do this effectively, we would really appreciate your feedback on our service for the 2008/09 academic year. If you have not yet had the opportunity, please complete our online survey at: www.link2ict.org/survey2009 The survey is available for your completion NOW and will remain online for the rest of the Autumn term. Links says: http://mysurveys.services.bgfl.org/custom/images/client/header.jpg No SurveysThere are no surveys available to you at this time. And yes I was logged in!
  14. Bah - never mind - delete post
  15. No problem - maybe next time you'll win
  16. Thanks all - quotes received and order sent to the winning quote.
  17. Just my Luck! Although they are still being advertised elsewhere. A similar spec HP would be best as it makes our consumable orders easier otherwise a Brother printer will do.
  18. Looking for a small simple printer for our caretakers and come up with a HP Laserjet P1006 Mono Laser. Can anyone give me a competitive quote please? Thanks
  19. Have a word with E4education. They served us well until we moved everything in-house. http://www.e4education.co.uk/
  20. alan-d

    Please Recommend

    It's called a BiC Biro and paper Russ
  21. I'm looking for a good price for batteries for a HP nx6110. Any takers?
  22. I can loan you some additional APs (Sale or return basis if you like) until you get funding or sort out the problem. They are Buffalo 54G.
  23. I'm pretty sure that under European Law electrical goods have a warranty of 2 years. Even if the seller/manufacturer state only 1 year. A friend of mine used this to get a TV repaired after 18 months of use. The shop manager was unaware of this until presented with the legislation in black and white. I'll dig around later and post the links if I can find them.
  24. Got mine on order - should be here this week.
×
×
  • Create New...