-
Posts
2,586 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by alan-d
-
On-line payments for schools. Do you accept them?
alan-d replied to adhutton's topic in General Chat
Stongly recommend you stay away from Worldpay! -
An option to pick the levels expected from the students. The reason we kicked out the KS3 system was because it was far too easy for our high acheiving students. This meant it was basically a waste of time for assessment purposes, especially as extra time had to be spent showing the students around the system etc. Technically we had no real problems with the system it just didn't reflect what the students used on a daily basis and levels were set too low. Oh - and another vote for Webmans suggestions
-
I'm sure there are many schools with 4 or more and some colleges and universities could probably challenge you 10
-
Web technology and graphic work - maybe build a knowledgebase from all the scraps of paper you have
-
Bit unfair comparing commercial companies and schools We have 4 edugeekers here
-
When the site is down due to heavy traffic (Or so they say!!!) Which seems to happen a lot now
-
Admin > Server > Cleanup Any use?
-
Web Hosting Recommendations please
alan-d replied to timbo343's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
I've used UK2.Net for years. Never had a problem except when I break it and then the support is second to none -
The Great Computer Products Christmas Prize Draw!
alan-d replied to Haptic's topic in Our Advertisers
Do my laptops count? -
Can someone Ban him from the forums please for being a Smarta$$ ?
-
Thanks Bossman Not quite what I had in mind for this classroom but would be ideal for our hall and drama room setup
-
Sent them an email - waiting for a reply. Thanks all
-
We are looking at Virtualisation over the next couple of years and so far the options for hardware and software open to us are huge. Does anyone have, or a link to, a check list of the process of going from a normal vanilla setup to a virtual setup? I'm looking into hardware requirements so a checklist of kit I should have\look at A checklist of software requirements and possible licences. We intend to stay a MS site (For now anyway ) A checklist to go through when transfering from the real world to the virtual one. A general laymans guide would be useful, something I can use to explain to SMT etc. I know I'm being vague on detail, but vague is as far as we have got I am speaking to some suppliers before the xmas break but a heads up on the process would be helpful. Any help\pointers would be appreciated.
-
I’m looking for 25 x USB sticks. Minimum of 2GB They are for our older students to save Design & Technology course work on so I need them to be extremely reliable but at a decent price. There are that many options my head is spinning Any one help?
-
Thanks Ric - The flipscreen desk could do the job if they can fit casters I'll give them a ring.
-
I thought about that until it came to the monitor. I could wall mount that on a swing arm but the bursar didn't like the idea It being a stud wall didn't help my argument either
-
How can I put this politely? We are a MS site and getting our staff to use one OS is a challenge on it's own. Getting the regular users of this classroom to use a Mac is going to be bloody impossible!
-
Having had no reply to calls and emails from Fluentblu and still waiting for info from the i-desk people, I'm now open to suggestions. We have a new classroom that will be fitted out with collapsable desks and chairs so it can be used as an internal gym type space as well as a classroom. Because it will be used as a normal classroom a IWB and projector will be installed which means it needs a PC. For security and convienience reasons we can't use a laptop. What I'm looking for is a mobile workstation that we can secure a PC and monitor to and will look smart. Any suggestions please?
-
Lesuire Suit Larry - - I had it on floppy disk
-
I think the invites are restriced to those that sent out the original wave invite they got from Google. Invitees are expected to be invited by the 'inviter'. If that makes sense!
-
[website] The History of the Internet in a Nutshell
alan-d replied to 6Foot2's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
That episode scared me! Until I checked that the Internet was still in the server room. The box they used was so realistic -
[website] The History of the Internet in a Nutshell
alan-d replied to 6Foot2's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
No worries - we have the Internet safely locked up in our server room -
[website] The History of the Internet in a Nutshell
alan-d replied to 6Foot2's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
I didn't mention the Internet you plumb! I said 'IT' -
[website] The History of the Internet in a Nutshell
alan-d replied to 6Foot2's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
It's amazing to look at that and realise how young IT really is, especially when you are reminded that Youtube is less than 5 years old! -
"I want an invite let me in"
