-
Posts
2,586 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by alan-d
-
Zimbra Email BGFL?
alan-d replied to mtdmitchell's topic in West Midlands Regional Broadband Consortium (WMnet)
I agree - what BGFL and Link2ICT are doing with Moodle and Zimbra is a good thing. Unfortunately they came too late as we had implemented our own Moodle VLE and Exchange. There was a time when BGFL were miles ahead of the others, now they seem to be struggling just to keep up. -
Zimbra Email BGFL?
alan-d replied to mtdmitchell's topic in West Midlands Regional Broadband Consortium (WMnet)
We have had our own exchange setup for some time now. BGFL did ring me to ask if we wanted to provide details so they can set up zimbra for us to look at though. I declined the offer. Firstly because we have a system that works for us, secondly the mailboxes would be too small for some of our users, and lastly, if BGFL+ is no longer available our subscription should decrease. -
I know I know I know!!! Wait for it! Is it.............................. The Internet?
-
Users > Authentication - then manual accounts or whatever you are using. There should be an option to change the boxes to Unlocked, Unlocked if empty or locked.
-
4th Generation Ipod
-
More info about the Face Register here for those that are interested Aurora in Education
-
I was just about to post something on those lines myself
-
Apparentley the only change is a chip. If that's the case then prices should be on par with normal projectors. I've not seen any advertised though.
-
We use lesson monitor so wouldn't make much difference there, however, it would free up time for Form Tutors who have to track back and find out reasons for lateness.
-
Current forum silliness, an end
alan-d replied to Dos_Box's topic in General EduGeek News/Announcements
FREEDOM!!!! Oh - is that my head on the floor? -
Initially I was thinking of the 6th Form. They sign in and out manually. As for forgetting - even students don't forget when money is involved ie EMA Later we could extend it to late arrivals or students involved in other activities which means missing registration etc. The HT does not like the idea of a biometric system and a card system can be mis-used, this seems to be a happy medium.
-
I can see where it would have some uses such as D&T & Science but beyond that it seems limited. However, what did interest me in that clip was the signing in system - anyone got more info on that?
-
Current forum silliness, an end
alan-d replied to Dos_Box's topic in General EduGeek News/Announcements
Personally I don't care who sees that I've given bad rep to. If they don't like it then 'tough' - get over it! (Btw - I've never had a cause to give bad rep to anyone yet ) -
Tried to access the Wiki pages but in FF it's just a blank page and IE shows 500 error.
- 1 reply
-
- 1
-
-
Private Monitoring of Internet Usage
alan-d replied to tech_guy's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Not much use to most of you but all Birmingham parents\students have access to CyberSentinel for free. Info here http://www.suttcold.bham.sch.uk/WebsiteDownloads/CyberSentinel.pdf and here CyberSentinel - e-Safety and internet parental control software -
Current forum silliness, an end
alan-d replied to Dos_Box's topic in General EduGeek News/Announcements
It doesn't always work though. -
Current forum silliness, an end
alan-d replied to Dos_Box's topic in General EduGeek News/Announcements
Stop it - Joe - Simon in Dresses - come on I'm going to assume Joe is female before I get sued!!! -
Current forum silliness, an end
alan-d replied to Dos_Box's topic in General EduGeek News/Announcements
A bit quick on the defensive there Simon - something we don't know? -
Current forum silliness, an end
alan-d replied to Dos_Box's topic in General EduGeek News/Announcements
I see. Now you can see how comments can be mis-read Although Simon does go on about forum love a lot! -
Current forum silliness, an end
alan-d replied to Dos_Box's topic in General EduGeek News/Announcements
Simon wears a dress??? -
That's pretty much what I was going to do but didn't want to get halfway to find that it should be done another way
-
Moving over to Virtual Servers etc during the summer. I need to plan what applications are to go on what hosts and virtual servers, so we have a clear plan for ourselves and any contractors that may be involved. Is there a formal way of doing this or example documentation I can look at? Or is it a case of make it up the way I want it?
-
Oops - My Bad!
-
He means the 'Thread Tools'
-
Current forum silliness, an end
alan-d replied to Dos_Box's topic in General EduGeek News/Announcements
*Buuurrrrrp!!* Sorry Well Said DB
