-
Posts
2,586 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by alan-d
-
My Bad - I meant 'My Tracks', but looking at it I don't think it's what you were after anyway.
-
I haven't looked so a wild guess - can you import the kml file into Tracker?
-
Nice one I was only looking to see how much a spare data cable would cost me
-
Quick side note: Anyone looking for a car charger for the HTC Desire have a look here FoneM8 - Car Charger For HTC Desire, Google Nexus One: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo £0.01 and postage?
-
I synced my HTC Desire with google contacts, mail and Outlook on my PC - literally took 2 mins, most of which was time taken by me checking I was pressing the right buttons.
-
That list missed off FUBAR
-
I use the GPS when out walking and have had it on for 7+ hours and it probably uses around a third more of my battery life than normal use. Still pretty good considering it uses Google maps including satalite view. When I get a chance I'm going to see how long it lasts with GPS on full time
-
02 to cap data on smartphones - from 24th June - Grrrrrr!
alan-d replied to tech_guy's topic in General Chat
Looks like I got my new unlimited data contract just in time Now all I need to do is find a stronger signal area to bloody use it -
Has anyone got WiFi Analyzer (by farproc) I can grab a copy of? I can't seem to get a good enough signal for the download site or the site isn't working properly. All other downloads from the Market work fine, except the one I'm after Alternatively a site I can download it to my PC so I can transfer it to my phone? Thanks *Edit* Never mind - found a download Very useful bit of kit
-
Not installed it yet. Still running with 3.0.0.9. Some exams, mainly internal ones, are using IT so not taking the risk of adding another possible problem.
-
We used Ranger for a couple of years until I could get enough staff to go Vanilla. It's now owned by RM but as far as I know they are still a seperate entity.
-
Aaaahhh that makes sense now Back to Apps Google Sky Maps Tracker - very good if you are a walker and want to transfer the data etc to Google Maps. Shop Savvy - Already saved me £3 on a tin of paint at B&Q Fast Reboot xScope Lite - I didn't like Dolphin when I tried it, but I may try it again now I'm used to the phone.
-
Oh yes they do! Go online o2.co.uk The shops are pants! My local one didn't even know what the Desire was!
-
Not tried it yet but just a thought - have you got the same notification sound switched on for another app or widget?
-
So far (2months) the Brother HL 7050 seems to be a good replacement for the HP 4200 series.
-
Joomla - Creating a background image for all the pages
alan-d replied to bodminman's topic in Web Development
It is possible by editing the template files. What you edit depends on the template in use. I've played with Joomla a little but I'm no expert on templates so that's as much as I can say. -
Android Google Maps has speech recognition now
alan-d replied to SimpleSi's topic in Mobile Devices & Tablets
Oooo!! another new toy to look at -
Sorry - my mistake - it's at the top left next to the time it was last syncronised.
-
I use IMAP for GMail and POP for any others. If I need to see work emails I just go via our OWA as I'm static on one site. One thing not mentioned above was the tiny syncronise button at the bottom which just takes a few seconds to complete.
-
I have it installed on a Win 2003 server with Apache but I can't get the text editor to work. The client displays on a laptop ok with pictures though. Trying to find a solution now but if anyone has had the error and fixed it can you let me know how? Back on topic - I'm toying with the idea of using the OneLan software to just display a HTML page which points to Xibo. The downside is all displays would have to be the same unless I connect clients to the server which sort of makes it all pointless Actually - thinking about it - would virtual clients work?
-
How far into the project are you? Before even contemplating adding parents you need to have a few things in place, such as, have Pastoral staff, SMT, Governers etc decided what is to be made available via the SLG. For example, we have witheld some of the behaviour aspects. Has a roll out plan been decided? What year groups are being rolled out and when? No point staring with Yr7 as they have little info to show and Yr13 leave shortly. How have parents been informed and have they provided email addresses? How are parents going to be given access details such as Logins and passwords, is there a guide for it's use or do you plan formal sessions for parents. A whole host of issues before you even start I'm afraid.
-
We have 4 OneLan boxes bought over several years hence we have 3 versions of the software. To upgrade the 2 oldest means buying the latest hardware which isn't cheap. Has anyone converted their OneLan boxes to run Xibo? If so, how and what problems do I need to look out for?
-
I thought so but wasn't sure - thanks.
-
Are the FITS Foundation still publicly funded and therefore still subject to cuts? If it is cut then there may be a good business case for Edugeek to take it on.
-
Only just moved to a smart phone - like a kid with the newest best toy ever Done lots of research and reading so knew a lot of what it can do but seeing it is another dimension edit* - Just installed Skymap *Dribbles*
