-
Posts
2,586 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by alan-d
-
Acceptable use Policy Software
alan-d replied to AnnDroyd's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
You can also do this via GPO Computer configuration > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policies > Security Options > Interactive logon: Message text for users attempting to logon. -
For around £700-800 you can get the DPF removed. If you work out how much extra fuel you use to clear the DPF over the time you intend to own the car it may pay for itself. On some cars - the removal of the DPF actually improves performance and mpg. The DPF is not a legal requirement.
-
Just one way of selling your car on ebay
-
SMT decided not to go for it in the end, cost was one reason and the other was that it would not be suitable at the moment. I did get a call telling me the units are getting smaller and I suppose the more they sell will help the price come down a little but at this time it's not for us.
-
Which part of the country are you in? Birmingham offer CyberSentinel for free.
-
We are also looking to use DMP on our virtual setup being installed in the summer, apparently the 2010 release will be even better. As far as your routine above I'd maybe reduce the time to every 15 - 30 mins for your SIMs\SQL, but again that would depend on how many users\changes are being made by staff. I suppose a small school could get away with 6 hours without any major issues. Still at the planning stage but we plan to backup every 30 mins or so and a nightly backup to tape in another building.
-
Dan at WStore supplied me with some of these http://www.ergotron.com/ good solid bits of kit that come with adaptable desk mounts.
-
Oh Joy!! Thanks
-
Here we go again Anyone else getting blocked when clicking on 'New Posts' or individual threads? BGFL say they are not blocking it, but obviously something isn't working correctly.
-
Flash git! I got some new crayons
-
Some good questions there Another I may consider is; The school currently has a scheme in place giving aspiring head teachers an opportunity to join the SMT for a term. Would you consider a similar scheme for support staff, and how would you make it work? Too evil perhaps?
-
I've been asked to form part of a Q&A session taking place as part of the new Head Teacher interviews. I've been asked to raise a question relating to IT, support staff or both. I have a vague idea what to ask, just not how to word it yet If you had the opportunity to raise a question to a HT candidate what would that question be?
-
Can you moderate the language please, our lea filters are giving us a hard time with this site as it is without posters adding fuel to them. Thank You
-
Apologies for starting a new thread but I can't access the original thread without BGFL blocking it. In addition BGFL also block the P**** bypass sites thread in the Security forum. It looks like it doesn't like the P word! I'll raise a ticket with BGFL if others could do the same it may get fixed
-
This thread was brought to you by Toyota. Now it's started - it won't stop!! Is that the end now?
-
Yea Yea I know what the thread is about and it lost it's usefulness about halfway through - I'm just looking for a way to get some extra cash So - where do you shop again?
-
@ GD - When making a purchase with a debit card - do you check the amount before entering your pin number or are you certain that the cashier has got it right? If the latter can you tell me where you shop please?
-
If I click on the 'Security' link in the main forum index or within the new post page I get blocked but if I click on a thread within the Security forum it lets me read it. However I can't check all the threads because if I click on page 2 of 'New Threads' it blocks me again. I'm guessing it is a post edited sometime today that it doesn't like in the Security forum. PS - Behind the Red door works fine
-
*Update* It seems to be the Security Forum causing the problem. I can get into the others it seems.
-
We keep getting blocked by BGFL filters randomly. Usually when selecting new posts. The message is; Is this a rouge post issue or our beloved ISP?
-
You'll do anything to get out of fixing it!!! Now pick up the toothbrush and get cleaning
-
It's away being refreshed
-
Our Transition site is a seperate moodle install. So it does not effect the main VLE (also moodle). Training is an issue but we have had moodle for a couple of years now and the staff running this new site are reasonably competant users.
-
Last year we used our LEA offering which the staff here didn't like so we have created our own moodle offering for this year. The user names are not really an issue as the school is sent a CSV file listing all the successful applicants from the LEA, you could adapt this to import your names. We are trying it out using the current Year 7s and some 6th form to mentor and monitor the pupils etc, even giving restricted editing rights. Our site isn't 'live' yet, waiting for staff to fill in some blanks, but I can pm you a link for you to look at if you like?
-
Привет и добро пожаловать в сумасшедший дом (Hi and welcome to the mad house) (I hope Google translater works!!! )
