-
Posts
2,586 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by alan-d
-
@ Simon - Sorry mate - stated a new thread here http://www.edugeek.net/forums/our-advertisers/43160-22-monitor.html#post397479 but as you can see the goal posts have moved and I now need one for a 22" monitor
-
Looking for a 22" Monitor Potential user likes the look of Iiyama Pro Lite PLB2206WS-S1 22" TFT Monitor so something extremely similar would be nice Iiyama is the preferred choice. In addition I need a monitor arm for this monitor to attach to. Desk mounted, preferably via a clamp and if the price is right gas assisted. Must be height adjustable. There is another thread on the latter so apologies to those that have already replied. ( http://www.edugeek.net/forums/hardware/43137-monitor-arms.html )
-
It's for the HT and I've just been asked to provide a 21" monitor too . One concern is that in the past the clamps have been unreliable and come loose over time. Has technology improved on this? Are the gas assisted ones any better?
-
Various ways exist but we use Energy Save EZ GPO : ENERGY STAR which you just have in your AD. We use wol to shut down and start up PCs during the working week. Educating users is the real pain!
-
I'm looking to buy a monitor arm. Anyone got any recommendations for a good quality arm that has easy height adjustment as well as screen angle adjustment? Preferably the clamp onto the desk type as I need to maximise the desk space. (It's for an office user - not students) Thanks
-
We are looking at that problem now. Apparently there is a web part for it which asks for an answer to a secret question but it seems it only exists for Capita hosted solutions. We are looking at producing our own if we can.
-
We have a rough plan but parent training was not part of it. We were going to issue a guide produced by us. Introduction to the system would be done at parents evenings etc.
-
It was published in e-breifing.
-
Just received this via our LEA - thought it may be useful for others too.
-
Seems like you are just repeating what others say - may I remind you that Europe was once covered in forest which over a relatively short time was cut down - I don't see any reports of major climate change disasters happening in the 14th century, so where did that CO2 go I wonder? Just a very very small example of historical event that could change the world. In the end, when it's 'time up' for the human race there is stuff all you or anyone else can do about it What exactly has scientific research actually found out? Oh yea - there are some changes happening! What changes exactly depends on who you listen to and represents data gathered on a minute fraction of time during the Earths history. No-one has ever come up with true, hard facts that do not have a counter argument. I repeat - It's all codswallop
-
I got bored with this thread very early on as I think the whole issue of climate change and impending doom is just a load of codswallop! As already stated - a large volcanic eruption or stray asteroid could change the worlds climate in a matter of hours. The bottom line is that there are too many scaremongers all trying to make a name for themselves, each trying to produce evidence to outdo the other, and of course they are always right. Reality Check - The human race may well cease to exist due to polution, naturally occuring or otherwise, but the planet will recover and live on as it has done for millions of years!
-
We are about to launch our Learning Gateway to give parents access to student data from SIMS For those that have already done this - How did you go through the implementation process of giving parents access? For the first year at least we are using a hosted sharepoint server if that makes a difference. Did you have a year group test it out first? How did you create the new users. When creating users - did you stick to one child = one user/password or did you create users for each parent, I'm thinking of seperated families here. Any other pointers or advice would be welcome.
-
Glad you sorted it
-
OK - having a bad day!
-
Have you tried adding the students child OUs to the context field? ( something like ou= Year 8,dc=sstthomasmore,dc=local) I'm not familiar with IIS.
-
oops - my mistake In the Active authentication plugins, is the LDAP server the only one enabled? If you delete the users from moodle and they log on again does it still ask for any information? I'm just trying to see whether its only using LDAP or some other authentication. You've probably guessed - I running out of ideas!!
-
OK can you check the following; DATA MAPPING First Name = givenName, Update local = on every login, Update external = Never, Lock value = locked Surname = sn, Update local = on every login, Update external = Never, Lock value = locked Email address = mail, Update local = on every login, Update external = Never, Lock value = locked City/town = (enter your details), Update local = on creation login, Update external = Never, Lock value = locked Country = UK, Update local = on creation, Update external = Never, Lock value = locked All the others in mine are ### = blank, Update local = on creation, Update external = Never, Lock value = locked Can you also confirm that the module is enabled in Apache (LoadModule ldap_module modules/mod_ldap.so) Oh - is the LDAP bind user a member of the administrators OU? Just trying the obvious things first
-
Do all the users have email addresses? What are the extra details being asked for? That sounds like it's using the local user db and not LDAP.
-
For those that can't access it
-
Just looked at yours compared to ours and the only real difference is that we have set the IE Fastpath to No. Have you tried that?
-
I think it should be; ou=STM Users,dc=sstthomasmore,dc=local;ou=Pupils,dc=sstthomasmore,dc=local;ou=Staff,dc=sstthomasmore,dc=local I could be wrong - it's one of those days!
-
Edugeek @ NetworkSi - Conference
alan-d replied to EduTech's topic in General EduGeek News/Announcements
Thanks for that. It was a useful seminar but in hindsight I would have liked to have seen examples of how schools have rolled it out, especially to parents. i.e. was it phased through the year groups, were parents consulted as to what they would like to see, was all the information made available from the start or was it phased in. In addition, how did the schools deal with the basic issues such as creating and issuing logins and passwords and how do separated families effect this process? Sorry I missed the pizzas though - I had to leave before they arrived. I did make a useful contact for another project I'm working on though -
We have 8.0.1.0 build 15 - is this the same as yours?
- 43 replies
-
- managed wireless
- net-ctrl
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
The software is doing exactly what it is supposed to do. The problem is that it has not been configured to take into account the customers needs. When policy central was first brought out it was tested in schools and this highlighted numerous problems which forced a rethink and eventually a new version which although not perfect is adaptable to the needs of the organisation. It seems that prior testing on this product was skimped on and we are now suffering as a result. As paying customers Link2ICT need to realise that we are not prepared to accept a poor service and there will be consequences.
