-
Posts
2,586 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by alan-d
-
We have the old IE7 crashing randomly bug on a couple of PCs. I'm out of ideas! Vanilla Network, XP Pro SP3 Unintall and reinstall IE7 does not have an affect. Removing SP3 has no effect. Removing all toolbars and add-ons has no effect. Even a repair from XP CD has no effect. It is not profile related. No specific program seems to be responsible, even Adobe, Flash, Policy Central etc No Malware\Spyware or Viruses present. No specific errors recorded anywhere, just the usual 'The instruction at "insert code" referenced memory at "insert code" .......... blah blah, iexplorer.exe error etc etc etc! Rebuilding or re-imaging the PCs will probably cure it but is a cop-out, I want to know why it does it and what the fix is. Any suggestions or discoveries since the last thread on this?
-
Have a look here - I think there are some links to the original site.
-
I've found that it usually takes about 5 hops just to leave virgin media
-
But we could be wrong
-
You mean 'tracert your.web.site.address' ?
-
I was about to say it was a lot better then it took ages to post this Generally it is better but has the odd relapse
-
accessing content from a copy of a site
alan-d replied to e_g_r's topic in EduGeek Joomla 1.0 Package
From that question can I assume you have backed up the site folders and files only? Is your new site using the same database as the old one? If not then you need to access the database (My SQL or SQL) the old site is on and export the content to import it to the new site Database. -
accessing content from a copy of a site
alan-d replied to e_g_r's topic in EduGeek Joomla 1.0 Package
All the content will be in the DB files so you will need something to read those at least. Unless you are really sadistic and you open them in Notepad -
Slow here at the mo. A ping to EG is losing 3 out of 4 pkts but all other sites seem fine.
-
Learning Gateway Conference, 15th July, The Belfry
alan-d replied to apearce's topic in General Chat
We already have Moodle running on a windows server but the linking to sharepoint would be of interest -
May be an idea not to mention a specific site such as facebook but put in a generic sentence such as;
-
Learning Gateway Conference, 15th July, The Belfry
alan-d replied to apearce's topic in General Chat
Mine's a lemonade - Dammed driving laws! -
Hotpot, ipodcast and questionnaire spring to mind.
-
For some reason BFT sprang to mind! I ended up having to pass it in the same time at the age of 40 as I did when I was 19 . Talk about moving Goalposts
-
We had a technician here who managed to revive old batteries but with limited success. (A few years ago) I think they were HP. From what I remember it took ages to do a single battery and worked out to be non-cost effective. It would be nice if something was available as it would save us a fortune but then again what we save would cost manufacturers! I'd be interested to hear if anyone has a magic tool to do this. If we could get another 6 - 12 months out of them would save us loads.
-
Learning Gateway Conference - Birmingham (15th July 09)
alan-d replied to TheScarfedOne's topic in Virtual Learning Platforms
Thanks - but completing it this morning it looks like you can book for either track but not both, does this mean you can only attend one or the other? We tried entering the names twice for different tracks but it doubled the price is that right? -
Make sure he has an internet connection and can access the online clipart. MS moved all but a small core of clipart to the web in version 2003.
-
Mmmm a chocolate sponge pizza! Now how different is that! Order loads - we'll make millions
-
What about a web cam from a mobile phone or laptop? It may be possible to get it to transmit pictures via wireless. There are lots of spy cameras you could look at but they'd cost money!
-
Woohoo! DB's turn to buy the cakes
-
I'd suggest Smartboards with a short throw projector which sits just above the board. Initial cost may be a little higher but in the long term cheaper to run (600i bulbs are expensive!) and should allow more flexibility in the future should you wish to upgrade.
-
EduGeek is GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
alan-d replied to Dos_Box's topic in General EduGeek News/Announcements
Apparently it still is but he's gone underground -
EduGeek is GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
alan-d replied to Dos_Box's topic in General EduGeek News/Announcements
Congrats DB If you need any help this is a useful site apparently! Link -
DB and GD visit North Korea and investigate the new smart cameras which project a perfect image of what they look at on the board behind them!
-
Jake - get back in the cage - you know what happened the last time you mentioned the 'B' name!I still twitch when I see that name
