Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

alan-d

Members
  • Posts

    2,586
  • Joined

Everything posted by alan-d

  1. Any particular format? HTML, Php, Flash? There might be one here somewhere, I can't remember to be honest. I'll be tearing this site down in a few months.
  2. Newsletter links fixed VLE - is a temp link for our users (all have the correct certs) until the new Intranet is done. Just for the curious though VLE Link (Bear in mind this is only partially complete and yes we know there is duplication of categories ) Ric the weirdness only happens with FF on Windows. It works fine in IE and FF on Linux - We noticed that very early on but can't find a cure yet. As for the https stuff - is included with Part 2 to sort out
  3. Thanks - fixed
  4. OK Part 1 of new web site done SCGSG You know what to do Bring it on!
  5. Another for E4education. We have used them and the support is very good.
  6. If you have made changes to Apache did you restart the Apache service?
  7. We went for the Hitachi short throw projectors too. Long term it makes economical sense and gets rid of that H&S problem of projectors shining into the eyes.
  8. Another vote for Stone here Sometimes you may pay a little extra but the support is 2nd to none! If you need it that is
  9. Have you run Group Policy Results to see if the policy is being read?
  10. There you go
  11. Have a look in the blocked sites list. I had a problem where BBC Bitesize was being blocked and BBC Games was in the blocked list. Once I removed BBC Games from the blocked list BBC Bitesize was available. I haven't looked at the reasons why that happens yet, it's on my 'To Do' list.
  12. We host our own moodle but could well make use of the BGFL one as well when/if it becomes available, probably as a peer site. I would assume that if they are using moodle that they now support Php sites.
  13. Click on a group, click on the Internet Tab, add the site you want to allow and save. If you want the site accessible globally then highlight it in the list and click Global and save. After a while you may find it easier to have different lists stored as text files for different groups. The same goes for blocking sites.
  14. I'm going to disagree with all the above and say it's horrible. The layout is fine but the background makes reading the text difficult (especially the blue) and the Dark Blue on Dark Gray menu does not work. Back to the Pin board ....... eeerrmm I meant drawing board
  15. I presume you've checked that the msi (if originally deployed this way) is switched off? If so your only real hope is a registry edit. Give Forensics a call. Alternatively reinstall the software and hope it will uninstall it from the console.
  16. As far as I know this isn't possible with 1.5 but is being built into 1.6. In 1.5 there is no way to separate groups, they are either restricted or general users. E107 is another CMS which does have the functionality you require though, is easy to install and probably easier to use than Joomla.
  17. ViewRight and Dolphin Media have given us a decent service over the years. If you pm me I'll send the details when I'm in the office next.
  18. Interesting! As all candidates are meant to be asked identical questions, how would the external candidates have tackled internal politics? Just curious!
  19. Well done Did you get any awkward questions?
  20. Have a look here http://www.edugeek.net/forums/virtual-learning-platforms/28487-definitive-guide-sims-net-moodle-ldap-integration.html and here http://www.edugeek.net/forums/virtual-learning-platforms/29084-sims-timetable-module-moodle.html
  21. Woohoo - I can hear it
  22. As I understand it - and I could be wrong - it's down to revolutions per minute compared to the size and weight of the car. If the engine cannot accelerate safely when say, overtaking then it is deemed dangerous, but to give that safety the engine must be able to propel the vehicle forward at a reasonable speed. However, and this is where it gets complicated, the gearbox has to be built to take all the pressures placed upon it by the engine which basically means higher gear ratios. Most manufacturers do take advantage of this and promote there cars as being quicker than their rivals. A change is starting to occur though as all cars in the UK are limited to 155mph and the need to reduce fuel emissions is having an effect.
  23. One question that will no doubt be asked is ' How can you improve the IT services and facilities within the organisation?' As a Team Leader also expect questions on how to deal with people given a hypothetical situation.
  24. Yep The Link2ict and EdIt things are not related, but Link2ICT should give more information on what they are doing before asking for personal details.
  25. This thread may help to get you started http://www.edugeek.net/forums/virtual-learning-platforms/27954-best-vle.html
×
×
  • Create New...