googlemad
Members-
Posts
1,904 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by googlemad
-
In terms of the USB sticks, I highly recommend Rufus to create them There is a Microsoft USB tool but it doesn't seem to have been updated recently and therefore doesn't seem to fully manage to prepare the drive for booting
-
Server 2012 R2 also required a dual layer DVD Weirdly enough I can't remember the last time I actually had to do a server install other than ESX on physical hardware!
-
I found a copy of this game floating around on one of my old hard drives the other week and have been playing it since (Works on Windows 10 with no issues surprisingly whatever version I have!) After struggling with Level 7 I managed to get my hospital in Level 8 up to a perfect 1000 reputation somehow! Level 9 I survived by the skin of my teeth even though I accidentally purchased all the extra hospital property even though I didn't need more than a few extra bits (The handymen in this game are annoying they just wander around all the empty bits if you let them!) The earthquakes are annoying as if they destroy your kit you can't do anything with the rooms, not even delete them and start again which can get a bit tricky, the epidemics are also harsh sometimes but once you're established with a bit of cash and reputation they don't hurt too much if you choose just to take the fine rather than try to solve them In fact on Saturday I started playing at 9pm and ended up going to bed at 7am I was that engrossed in things! :/
-
New £5 note launched on Tuesday 13th September
googlemad replied to elsiegee40's topic in General Chat
I got two new fivers yesterday, quite unexpected really as I took out £100 from the cash machine (Which only showed increments of £10) and out came 4 £20s 1 £10 and 2 £5 -
In some ways the money is irrelevant, it is more about making sure going forward things are safe - as bad as it sounds from what I've read of the court case if this incident hadn't occured there would be a good chance of something worse happening in the future, the ride isn't unsafe by design terms but people working on it without being fully trained can (and did) cause it to be The worst injured victims are still quite young so it still probably hasn't sunk in yet as to the life changing nature of their injuries not helped by the press no doubt on their tail
-
New £5 note launched on Tuesday 13th September
googlemad replied to elsiegee40's topic in General Chat
Talking of tills isn't that the reason the penny still exists, so you can end your items in £x.99 rather than a round number so the cashier has to process the transaction through the till for your penny change rather than the risk of the cashier just pocketing the dosh? -
New £5 note launched on Tuesday 13th September
googlemad replied to elsiegee40's topic in General Chat
How much advance notice do they give cash handling equipment people so they can prepare their equipment? They'll have to accomodate the new notes (I assume it'll also cover the new plastic £10 / £20 though) and then the new shape £1 coins coming out soon too at quite an expense, the irony being more and more people now using contactless technology instead of cash anyway! (Many self service tills at supermarkets don't support that yet either!) -
The various councils have IT jobs that pop up now and again on https://www.yourcounciljobs.co.uk/ it says Manchester but it covers Lancashire as I got an interview for one through that site just outside Preston recently!
-
Nice if you do a lot of photography I suppose, other than that... More than happy staying on my 6+ for now, hoping the 10th anniversary one next year will be something a bit special, for a start if you want me to plug my headphones in through the lightning port I would like wireless charging please!
-
You're worrying too much already (Don't worry I do the same!), you need to get to the interview stage first so get that application in!
-
-
I was just talking with a friend this morning about how the Johnny Depp Wonka film sucked in comparison to the Gene Wilder one!!!
-
A lot of mine went to the tip recently, wasn't worth the hassle in even trying to sell it, not much I can't do between my laptop and i5 tower these days, my main uses of IT at home seem to be mainly web based
-
Someone fancied a brand new network? (Fire at West Sussex school)
googlemad replied to Andrew_C's topic in General Chat
I live near a few schools and a couple have had quite bad fires in the roofs over the summer, they're quite under pressure to get them sorted before September. Then there was an arson attack on the school next door to my house which totally gutted the sports hall about 10 years ago, BBC Look North turning up at my doorstep for a copy of the footage the next morning was certainly a bit surreal! -
Someone fancied a brand new network? (Fire at West Sussex school)
googlemad replied to Andrew_C's topic in General Chat
Weirdly my first thoughts upon reading the article were 'wonder if the NM is on Edugeek, hope they have a good disaster recovery policy in place!' -
Why do they only decide to do this now?! :/
-
Windows 10 Anniversary Update (1602) - What Are Your Favourite New Features?
googlemad replied to Fazza's topic in Windows 10
I'm not a fan of the new Start Menu at all, why have they suddenly decided I need to see all my apps on the main screen? If I want to see if I have an app I'll just search for it, anything I use frequently would be under 'Most used' anyway previously As for Edge, Cortana and the Windows Store / 'Live' tiles I don't use any of those anyway so not really noticed anything else major so far! -
Is there a day of the week where it isn't a "National Day Of The Week"?
-
Are you plugging in your keyboard and mouse to USB3 sockets? I had this problem and that was the cause, there were 2 USB2 sockets near the PS/2 socket on the motherboard though so rather than faff around just moved them to those ports and everything worked fine! Meant there were a few ports on the back that were essentially dead but nobody should be crawling round the back to use them anyway!
-
-
Any excuse to cash in I suppose, the controller ports are the same as the bottom of the Wii Remote so you can use the controller on the Wii I guess I've still got my Wii and it can currently do a lot of things including this but that is another story
-
With SCCM I only ever had one Windows 7 image and deployed it to about 50 hardware types! Had a 'base application' sequence that ran during the image to apply Office, Chrome, Flash, Java etc which I updated every summer and pretty much had it down to 20-30 minutes to image a PC and have it in Active Directory in a generic OU with some basic GPs applied until I had chance to move them to their proper OUs. It takes a lot of setting up and I could have done a million other things with it too but not enough time in the day! USB3 driver injection was a bit of a problem for some reason though, never really got to the bottom of that and probably not too much point in worrying about it now Windows 10 is taking over anyway
-
Just completed GTA San Andreas, it only took 11 years... The reason I never completed it back in the day was the rage inducing 'You've Had Your Chips' mission, but a lot easier to load up and play on the PC with my XBox One controller plugged in
