-
Posts
2,107 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by round2it
-
we have the same problem even though the 302's are closer the laptops try and connect to the newer ap because they are wireless n and in theory the fastest connection. i am going to remove all our 302s this summer because of this or move them all to one location in the school. its a pain in the rear.
-
Pack of EDU Nappies on its way. Good Luck
-
Where to start exchange server 2003 mail on ipad
round2it replied to round2it's topic in Windows Server 2000/2003
Yes lots to look at. Hey our exchange box is running on a old del gx60 with 512 meg of ram. It has been rock solid Only down time was when the schools power went off and we had to get a massive generator in. So this summer we will be moving to either 365 or new exchange. As for email when the Internet goes down. Staff would still be able to email internally. The Internet connection is being changed shortly too. Thanks for the reply. -
Only mentioned it because when ce Certs are issued they are for the trolley supplied. Any other additions can not be covered by the company who supplied it. I'm sure the changes are fine and wish you well with it. Better to be safe than sorry. You could always get it pat tested after. Next time don't buy lap safes with bespoke psus. Lesson learnt buy myself.
-
Where to start exchange server 2003 mail on ipad
round2it replied to round2it's topic in Windows Server 2000/2003
That was looked at but if our Internet connection goes down then our users will not be able to email each other internally. So an on site server is what we are going for. We are upgrading soon so I wanted to find out what I need to get iPads connected. Thanks for the reply -
Where to start exchange server 2003 mail on ipad
round2it posted a topic in Windows Server 2000/2003
We have an exchange server on site that delivers email via outlook and outlook web access This is working fine We have a reverse proxy so staff can access emails from home Emails.schoolname.lea.sch.uk/exchange What do I need to do be able so sync with the ipad mail program as the users can access the owa just fine on the ipad but I would like the email and calendars to be synced via the mail app. Email server was set up 9 years ago and never touched it since. -
this is an actual remote for a samsung dvd player no joke
-
i could not believe my eyes
-
- 31 replies
-
- 22
-
-
Not as supplied = modified The lapsafe trolley we had has kettle lead sockets inside to connect the bespoke charging units possibly designed not to allow easy connection of different power strips. And the unit had one three pin uk socket to connect the fans psu. Not trying to p on his bonfire but its best to check things are legal that's all. The ce cert supplied covers him for the original unit not any additions. It's all because a teacher got a shock from a laptop trolley due to residual charge in the unit. Guidance - Laptop computer charging trolleys safety alert This is the bit I thought might apply in this case Any laptop computer charging trolleys in use should be safe and fit for sale within the EEA. This can be established by checking for a CE mark and the Declaration of Conformity. The manufacturer or supplier will be able to confirm this. Where a trolley does not have a Declaration of Conformity and a CE mark it may not be dangerous but assurances should be obtained in writing from the manufacturer that the product is safe for the intended use. The following recommendations are for situations where laptop computer charging trolleys remain in use where there is no Declaration of Conformity and CE marking. Any modifications to electrical equipment and systems that are required should be carried out by a competent person and discussed with the manufacturer / supplier so as to avoid invalidating any warranty. Reply was just to point out the safety implications if any. I have no doubt that it would be safe.and is easy to do Hope this post helps the op with a decision and maybe points out something that they might not have thought of it may not be relevant in this case but safety is paramount.
-
I may be talking rubbish about the ce Certs but in this day and age of Blame/claim. Insurance might not be covered etc. You just need to be careful that's all I was implying
-
Ce I think only mentioned because we had a warning a while back that all our trolleys had to be ce approved If you mess with them then the ce certificate would be invalid (presumtion) When we got our lap safe trolleys they come with a certificate Not sure of the law regarding modding but if it is not as sold then they can not be held liable for fire/damage or injury to users/ property. http://www.lapsafe.com/support/safety
-
Be careful as it will not meet regulations. I did the same as you and I got an sparky to check it out as it is all metal lap safe trolley. I never buy the trolley fitted with psus now You could get lap safe to change it for ipad chargers. Not sure of cost but it would cover you The power strips I fitted have surge protectors fitted just in case
-
Frog and I Am Learning widget - IE8 - only works for admins
round2it replied to S.C.'s topic in Virtual Learning Platforms
how did you get on -
steve21 is correct incompatible database is displayed when the client has not been ugraded solus 3 is not working if this happens goto your sims drive find the setups folder and rerun simsinst this will reinstall sims with the correct version 100% sure solus is not working for you. i had an issue where solus was pushing out the summer 2012 update instead of the latest just wondering if this is happening for you.
-
Frog and I Am Learning widget - IE8 - only works for admins
round2it replied to S.C.'s topic in Virtual Learning Platforms
Make sure compatibility mode is turned. This is how I got it working Turn off compatibility view (GP) For all of your reference. If we have schools who have an issue in Frog where: The widget is 'inactive in Internet Explorer (i.e. cannot be clicked on), but works fine in firefox The issue is most probably because the web browser (IE) is trying to use compatibility mode. The school can stop this from happening by changing a setting in their 'Group Policy' configuration (the technical teams in school will know about this). Hope this helps -
i have tried installing the certificate but the error still pops up . this is a new thing we are signing up for as we are moving from samlearning.com (no errrors on this site) to iamlearning.co.uk i have tried putting the site in the trusted sites section but the error still pops up date and time on pc are correct this is driving me crazy
-
very similar to my issue it works no problem in ie9 on windows7 but i am still getting the security errors. the updates have been pushed out via wsus already i will try reinstalling and a reboot. thanks for the quick reply ........................................... ok i am still getting the error on all windows xp machines can i just turn off all the warnings via gpo?
-
I have just rolled out IE8 for our xp machines but i am having a little problem with certificate warnings what gpo do i need to change to stop this happening with ie8 do i need to put this in a trusted zone or am i missing something with in the gpos i did not have this issue with ie7 and i have updated the adm template but i can not see what i am missing can someone help
-
Will give this a try when I'm back at work
-
The complete opposite happened to me I had the latest release on and once the souls client installed it pulls down 2012 summer update. Still waiting for fix I know it did this as I broke the bosses install of sims
