-
Posts
2,107 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by round2it
-
Free School Alerting and Notifications offer from NetSupport
round2it replied to Al_NetSupport's topic in Enterprise Software
I have found a small delay in new installs being picked up but after a little while they show correctly -
Hi All Can someone put me in the right direction with this issue. I was told that I can basically change the product licence of windows 10 home to windows 10 pro without reinstalling the OS. Is this correct? I get an error code 0xc004f050 have I been told incorrect information? or is it something to do with the bios I have had this in a Lenovo laptop and a linx tablet. I was hoping to bit locker the tablet today?
-
Free School Alerting and Notifications offer from NetSupport
round2it replied to Al_NetSupport's topic in Enterprise Software
Just want to say thankyou to netsupport for this great product. I plan to use it for a message of the day task along side the emergency notifications. Nice to see a company supporting schools The slt are impressed and this will be good for when we are looking for a new classroom support tool. Well done.. -
the linx looks perfect thanks guys
-
I need to source a reasonably priced 2 in 1 table by 2 in 1 I mean with a detachable or foldable keyboard has to be half the size of standard laptop. Thanks in advance
-
lanschool here does the trick quite cheap especially if you ask for migration pricing
-
that would be great thanks
-
Eclipse Library System moved to hosted and now very slow
round2it replied to lmgtfy's topic in Educational Software
just got my renewal quote over 800 quid the documentation says price includes upgrades erm dont think so. i am not paying that no chuffin way. how dare you send that garbage out to customers of self hosted. you have no respect for your customers -
Eclipse Library System moved to hosted and now very slow
round2it replied to lmgtfy's topic in Educational Software
Yes quite a few disgruntaled users. Its the fact that we have been left with a product that the company dont care about. Using underhand tactics to get schools onto a cloud service that does not work correctly. But we are schools and they think we will accept it. They would not get away with this in the private sector. -
Eclipse Library System moved to hosted and now very slow
round2it replied to lmgtfy's topic in Educational Software
what about us on self hosted. do we get a mention oh forgot we have been ditched. -
We have ees so i just buy with the cheapest flavour of windows then upgrade. They just wanted a pc for home so it will be standalone with office av and some hany links. Going to bit locker the drive due to content. If they are not happy then its tough as i sent a picture of the unit with spec. All i got back was whatever you think best.
-
Redirected app data?
-
Staff dont get laptops here. Make of that what you will.
-
Dont want to get on the wrong side of the principal. Dont want to burn bridges.
-
Lenovo V110-15ISK 80TL is what I went for although not the lightest it seemed to give a decent spec for the money. As for refurbished I don't think rocking up with a used laptop would have made the principal happy, if it was for teachers or students then refurb all the way thanks for taking the time to post
-
just need something that will work and not cause me any headaches not the biggest budget but im sure I can get something decent for that
-
probably about 475 ex vat
-
I need to buy a laptop for our principal She does not want a big laptop but need it to be lightweight and fast enough for general office work. SSD good battery life also. any recommendations of good well tested equipment.
-
Edmodo Hacked - Email Confirms
round2it replied to IrritableTech's topic in Virtual Learning Platforms
you would think an enforced pw change would be a minimum -
Eclipse Library System moved to hosted and now very slow
round2it replied to lmgtfy's topic in Educational Software
yes I am going to do this also. -
can confirm they have to have a flavour of MS windows on, I buy with home editions and upgrade, defo check with the MAT on licensing
-
Dont forget you can bootcamp the macs all you need is a windows licence. Have you sorted ms licences yet.
-
Eclipse Library System moved to hosted and now very slow
round2it replied to lmgtfy's topic in Educational Software
Another point already raised in this thread stop ringing the librarians bypassing network managers it feels so underhand. These tactics dont wash with me. Sorry if my comments seem a little raw but it gets old real quick. -
Even so in the interest of the school the senior team need to step in. One guy a couple of days to setup the system is not too much to ask. I was in the same position the nm got made redundant and the vle website guy too. Just me for everything. Google and youtube for training. Felt out of my depth for quite some time. Just ask the worst they can say is no. It is unreasonable to be expected to setup what they need without the training. But edugeek members are here to help they have got me out of the brown stuff on many occasions.
