-
Posts
2,107 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by round2it
-
I have some stone laptops that require new batteries. I have looked around and the ones I have seen seem to look like cheap replacements. Can anyone recommend a supplier for this type of battery M660NBAT-6 CBPIL48 is an alternate name
-
now time to rip the it support a new one
-
that would be fantastic
-
Microsoft leak reveals new Windows 10 Workstation edition for power users
round2it replied to Arthur's topic in Windows 10
I have not even looked at windows 10 yet due to the huge number of builds, it is so confusing just have one that works then I will look into it as from reading the forum every build breaks something I do not have the time -
care to share your setup as it sounds exactly what I need
-
Is it possible to have a custom screensaver on the windows 7 login screen Also what software can I use to create one. I think it is just a case of a changing the following registry settings Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop] "ScreenSaveActive"="1" "ScreensaveTimeOut"="60" "SCRNSAVE.EXE"="C:\\Windows\\Sytem32\\myscreensaver.scr" or am I going down the wrong way
-
hate it when that happens (Wiping egg off face)
-
have a monitor on the ups, just in case you want to manually shut them down,(voice of experience here) not good when you have to wire a monitor in as the power is draining.
-
Startup Script to deploy Sophos Central Endpoint
round2it replied to fiza's topic in Windows Server 2008 R2
i have used this for years this checks if a file is present if it is it ends if not it runs the installer not happy about having a username and password in plain text but all it is allowed to do is access the Sophos stuff I have not changed any of the rem text for about 7 years so it is out of date but it does work as a startup script @echo OFF REM --- Check for an existing installation of Sophos AutoUpdate REM Uncomment out the following line to force install if exist "C:\Program Files\Sophos\AutoUpdate\forceinstall2.txt" goto _End REM Comment out the original if exist statement Rem Comment the following line to force install rem if exist "C:\Program Files\Sophos\AutoUpdate\alsvc.exe" goto _End REM --- Deploy to Windows 2000/XP/2003/7 \\sophos\SophosUpdate\CIDs\S000\SAVSCFXP\Setup.exe -updp "\\sophos\SophosUpdate\CIDs\S000\SAVSCFXP" -user "domainname\username" -pwd "password" -mng yes REM Uncomment out the following line to force install echo Sophos client installed at %time% on %date% >> "C:\Program Files\Sophos\AutoUpdate\forceinstall2.txt" REM --- End of the script :_End \\sophos\SophosUpdate\CIDs\S000\SAVSCFXP -
[netbook] Use for old netbooks with 4GB HDDs
round2it replied to ITManLT's topic in Mobile Devices & Tablets
door stops you can never find one when you need one -
[free] Promethean ActivBoard 1/2 - Power Supplies
round2it replied to DavR's topic in Classified Adverts
Thanks for the reply they are like rocking horse poo the ones I can find are silly money If anyone else has any can you let me know. -
[free] Promethean ActivBoard 1/2 - Power Supplies
round2it replied to DavR's topic in Classified Adverts
You got any pens for these -
ictdave should help you out i got some from him a while back.
-
I just use a spreadsheet with filters it just works for us but not feature rich
-
I have the same issue, with machines that were not turned on. I do a redeploy and it starts to deploy. this seems to be a bug introduced in the last solus update for me. prior to that the machines just installed when they were switched on.
-
no install issues here except when the package was authorised by the LEA it ignored my settings to not deploy during x y time and did the upgrade last lesson yesterday. Not a good day I must say.
-
lets hope lewis does not have a shocker at the next race as he seems to be up and down this season
-
Hope lewis brings it home tomorrow
-
nope still happening
-
Hi all After a couple of years using hap with perfect results I seem to have an issue with hap not following security groups I have a drive letter mapped for staff and I have a security group call hapstaff this contains all the users that should see the drive letter within hap. NTFS permissions also assigned for security I removed a user from the hapstaff group but they are still seeing the drive letter the only groups I have for read security within hap are hapstaff and domain admins anyone seen this behaviour before I restart the server. maybe its an iis thing that a reboot might fix
-
exa networks dns issues any one else
round2it replied to round2it's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
This is not exas fault it is an issue with our previous provider still having the tag. Although i had requested the transfer a month ago. Grrrrrrrr -
exa networks dns issues any one else
round2it replied to round2it's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
I dont have any issues normally its like all the records to my services are messed up. But connection is fine internally. -
exa networks dns issues any one else
round2it replied to round2it's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Just waiting for out of hours engineer to call -
We have exa networks broadband but we have lost external access to servers due to dns issue at isp level I have used team viewer to access my workstation and all servers are on its just dns not working to our owa and hap Anyone else having issues?
