Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Midget

Members
  • Posts

    1,313
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Midget

  1. i'm pretty sure I saw that the kid was showing them on his own laptop, not a school computer
  2. buy one of those "will it blend" blenders and use that
  3. *polishes Jakes cage* Glad you're back
  4. it's also used for accessing the console in most made for PC games (like half life)
  5. Midget

    Mini Laptop

    My brother had the Acer and it was rubbish. 1st was replaced due to failing HDD, and the 2nd one's screen kept going blank. swapped it for the samsung and it's much better quality and have a absolute stonking battery (got 7hours out of it on normal setting)
  6. hat if access was granted based on the best facepainting?
  7. Midget

    fire

    you could always scrap the lot and go with bromcom
  8. yes. but for legal reasons I'm not going to post them. I'll give a hint though. It's on blogspot. Suspect someone?
  9. for physical kit lifesize seem best, but you have to ask, who are you going to be talking to? If it's the same people then kit is fine, but if they don't know, or don't want to kit out every location with VC boxes, then have a look at WebEx which is apparently good.
  10. http://wendi.wdfiles.com/local--resized-images/artwork/newforker2.jpg/small.jpghttp://wendi.wdfiles.com/local--resized-images/artwork/flamer.jpg/small.jpg
  11. OUT! That film was a complete dive. Hated it
  12. Midget

    Sat Nav

    They are totally illegal in france, they'll take it, and drag you to a cash point to withdraw money for a fine. So don't be a monkey like most people I see on the way to work who use them instead of windscreens, having them stuck right in the middle of their vision (which is acutally illegal)
  13. I know some people who would explode at the spelling and grammar in this thread. bit of advice for anyone in Wales wanting a payrise, don't use english schools as examples. When I did it was brushed off with "yeah well english schools get more money" It's probably the same for north/south. Unless you can find examples within your county then they won't listen. When I left they spent a few months trying to get someone on the same pay and couldnt get anyone as qualified and ended up having to get an NM on more than I was on and an assistant (which I'd spent many months asking for)
  14. Midget

    Sat Nav

    TomTom or Garmin. You'll get supporters for both, but they are both good. I think the TOMTOM has more .... safety camera... locations recorded
  15. it used to work but v2.1 broke it either get a blackberry or other smart phone or wait until v2.2
  16. you could buy a load of 1TB HDDs, a load of hot swap bays and have 1 HDD for every day of the week and each year group. eg: MonHDDYr7, MonHDDYr8 ... TueHDDYr7, TueHDDYr8 ... or combine some year groups etc. Better method for you will probably be Disk to Disk to Tape Disk-to-disk-to-tape (D2D2T) is an approach to computer storage backup and archiving in which data is initially copied to backup storage on a disk storage system and then periodically copied again to a tape storage system (or possibly to an optical storage system).
  17. there is only one solution. Ban Children! if there were no children in that building, it wouldnt be a problem
  18. until someone saves a single copy of something VERY important in that magical time between backups and the drive failing.
  19. I'd love to move away from MSO but unfortunately OOo is just not as good as MSOXP/2003 for usability (I HATE 2007) and it is quite clear it was designed by a coder, not a designer. Also as we use exchange, we are tied to Outlook. If OOo want to replace MSO then they have to either get a fully working Outlook replacement, or an exchange replacement. SaaS is never good enough for most heavy users. so AJAX/Silverlight/etc are no good.
  20. xerox phaser 6115. A++++++++++++ all in one.
  21. huzzar and hurrar! i love you rabbie
  22. you will be able to restore anything that's below the stripe size. So if the stripe was set as 512kb then any file under that will be able to be read in full and you would be able to recover part of text files that are over this, but in both cases just the data, not the name. This is done with a RAW Scan, and tbh most people wouldn't have a clue how to do it unless they had the right software and alot of time on their hands.
  23. I too am knackered. also I read Domino's post as I'm also building a file server to take over dublin next tuesday, and another to take over luxemburg the week after. As imagined Domino stroking a white fluffy cat whilst sat in a large leather chair
  24. When you get your new techy, please can you welcome them by shouting "YOU'RE BARRED!"
  25. *Gets into asbestos trousers*
×
×
  • Create New...