Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Midget

Members
  • Posts

    1,313
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Midget

  1. If that actually works in your school, you'll have a lot of people wanting jobs. Hardware - requests are made, evaluated, and sometimes added to the developement report. Once a year Report gets examined by Board, if it is approved all the hardware is ordered. Software - don't most teachers just buy software and then demand you install it? In an ideal world software would go out via GP over the holidays only. So make a list of software to install for each holiday period.
  2. oh THAT kind of change management! I thought it was a demand at first. best bet is to run new system along side old system to allow people to take it on over time and then you will be able to see who is open to change and who will need the most work in being pushed in the new direction
  3. Microsoft made "Virtual CD Control Panel" that might be of use to you
  4. I've been using my MSI Wind (held like a book) for reading a lot of stuff lately, but for proper reading you can't beat paper.
  5. Since it was developed in School time for the school doesn't the IP belong to your school?
  6. Teachers will always describe a tech as difficult as they don't help them first, there is a chance that it's just a case of the tech has told the member of SMT that they aren't able to do something. If the guy is <21yo might be worth a worry, but otherwise it'll prob be fine
  7. Mine are organised by colour, I knew I shouldn't have taken on that OCD intern
  8. I've just had a major brainflash WHO told you they were difficult? A member of IT Staff or some teacher?
  9. Rock crushes scissors! But paper covers rock. And scissors cuts paper! Kif, we have a conundrum. Bossman: some people are just bitter, I've had someone in the past make huge waves despite helping them in every possible way. I'm not saying this guy definately is like this, but I'm just passing on my experiances because I wouldn't want someone else to go through it
  10. daily beatings! I'd say to watch your back around them, I've dealt with people like that before and they will try to drop you in it or cause problems for you.
  11. Is it a manual? If not, be careful on corners. I was tempted to get one of them as a toy, but they get very expensive when they go wrong.
  12. Four wheels good, Two wheels bad! I think we already have "Edugeekers and their Cars/Bikes/Yachts" threads somewhere I mainly drive my italian designed and built Coupe atm, but I'll be getting an addition to the stable after in Q2 of next year hopefully.
  13. you can get IDE to SATA adapters
  14. Sam: are you also a member of the Bearded Collie Club of Southern California?
  15. Ric: The one I have has USB and eSATA on the back and 2 USB Ports on the front (built in USB hub basically)
  16. I have one of these bought from SCAN and it's great, although I haven't figured out eSATA.
  17. then you have no security on your network. No offence, but it is stupid to reply on security through obscurity. One bored kid will discover knoppix and start making your job harder
  18. You would have to enable boot from USB (unless you want to play with BIOS every time) which will introduce a giant security hole
  19. Top Shelf Company ! .... wait a minute.....
  20. Beatings! Beatings for all! what?ok fine. Have you tried successmaker? It was used in the last place I was in for the Special Educational Needs pupils of all ages and did actually help to an extent.
  21. i've been playing with it and it's pretty good, havent tried it as a DC yet but SQL seems happy on it. OSX doesn't annoyingly.
  22. spray paint the CRT
  23. ESXi is a hypervisor (like Xen and Microsofts one) It IS the host
  24. /me considers displaying an xmas tree all year round. I could keep my sandwiches under it. In the morning open them up... hurrar! ANOTHER ham sandwich today.
  25. before i click it, can i assume it involves a Saab of the wrong colour? If so then it was just a viral
×
×
  • Create New...