Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Midget

Members
  • Posts

    1,313
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Midget

  1. I'd move their work out of their user area, let them complain and tell them a kid must have done it and then move it back saying you recovered it from backup which was lucky, but they might not be so lucky next time. are they male or female? I have a cup of coffee riding on the answer.
  2. £20k pro rata for an IT Monkey?
  3. you need a core2duo
  4. If there is only one person in the school, then nothing, just the title and the pay If there are more, then its standard boss/underling. boss does software and paperwork, underling does the firefighting
  5. You've never worked in a Welsh school have you?
  6. bish> Thats all you have and you're complaining? Bloody hell, I have more than that and I'm the only person here fullstop, no other person doing work from home or doing the paperwork etc.
  7. kylewilliamson: so good you posted it 3 times?
  8. Have a look here http://www.edugeek.net/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5825
  9. IT'S A MEMBER OF SMT! QUICK! RUN!
  10. Does your pay get pro-rata'd down to cover this?
  11. Why are biscuits always named after Fascists? Garibaldi, Boubon, the list goes on.
  12. We use both. 1/2 with PS all with GIMP and Paint.NET
  13. My recommendation for having Irish Coffee installed in the vending machine was rejected, I'd offer you one otherwise.
  14. What about imaging progs that don't have a per machine licence? do they exist?
  15. I use it as a testbed, bit of a dog on a 3Ghz P4
  16. more women? brilliant! which of you girls is going to be the first to put the kettle on then? *runs*
  17. The day a forum for geeks chastises the use of binary is a very dark day indeed
  18. .....is it me your looking for? 01001000 = 072 = H 01100101 = 101 = E 01101100 = 108 = L 01101100 = 108 = L 01101111 = 111 = O is it sad that I knew they were ansi values?
  19. What about creating a user account that is allowed CLI access and just making the kids use that.
  20. We teach VB6...... yeah I know........
  21. Wait....BETT was this week?
  22. Midget

    Yay?

    Thank fook for that, I hope the project gets waylaid for several years. I was part of the pilot last year and it didnt work properly and required the tests to be installed on each individual machine, couldn't use GP. Wish i'd got a free server though
  23. BECTA do make a reccomended tech:comp ratio. I used it in a meeting/argument trying to get more staff, but I can't rem where it is atm. If you have competant users, a tech help desk, and a good network you should have 150 PCs / technician. If you have untrained users, no tech help desk, and a shoddy network you should have 50 PCs / technician. I dont have a help desk so should have ~100:1 instead of 400:1
  24. MORE staff! I can't even get in an apprentice never mind properly paid full time staff. I have almost 400 machines, 5 servers and 4 PDAs 11 IT suites ~1100-1200 kids edit: 35 IWBs and 40odd projectors Responsibility for making sure the CCTV works as well as searching for and recoving images/videos as required. and one monkey (me) on £17500 and i've been told thats the most I can earn as I have no line management (due to them refusing to hire anyone else) I do all the network design and deal with all the suppliers, ordering and budget control as well as being expected to fix all the shite educational software to make it work. God this thread is depressing, for me at least.
×
×
  • Create New...