-
Posts
433 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by tech-man
-
Hello My users of Office can't connect to help which is online? Anyway of making Office 2013 use a proxy etc? Thanks
-
Thanks folks - worked a treat, understand it a bit more now!
-
ignore that, if i do .\create.ps1 - I get this... PS C:\users\user\Desktop> .\create.ps1 cmdlet New-ADUser at command pipeline position 1 Supply values for the following parameters: Name:
-
Sorted - sorry - more like brain dead!
-
Hello I have taken a script from here and adapted it for what I think I need... but as a very newbie to Powershell it isn't working (surprise) and I expect I have done something wrong! Wonder if anyone would be kind enough to debug it for me! https://gist.github.com/979a588ae2085657e212 Thanks
-
Staffcodes.... I just do as i'm told!
-
Had to remove some old logins out in sql management studio... good to see the gui is effective......
-
Hello Some trusted logins for SIMS are not working (new user accounts) - does anyone have any ideas why? Thanks
-
It's been setup on a volume for a while, just moving more data to it and want to force it to run.
-
Awesome - thanks. Do I need to use any of the other commands first?
-
Hello I have just copied a fair amount of data on to a deduped drive, how can I force a dedupe to run? Thanks
-
It seems to work now, no firewall changes or connectivity issues. Can only assume it had issues connecting to something that was down further up the tree!
-
Does anyone have any suggestion on this?
-
Just trying to upgrade my FMS but its failing with the following errors - does anyone have any ideas? 2015-07-23 19:00:14.1219|*** 2015-07-23 19:00:14.1219|*** Starting deployment plan FMS Summer 2015 Full Release (6.164.336). 2015-07-23 19:00:14.1219|*** 2015-07-23 19:00:14.1219|*** 2015-07-23 19:00:14.1219|*** Downloading of updates to agents is being throttled at 3 concurrent downloads 2015-07-23 19:00:14.1219|*** 2015-07-23 19:00:14.1219|ds|Info|Verifying deployment plan|Execute() 2015-07-23 19:00:14.1409|ds|Info|Calling proxy for package status check|Execute() 2015-07-23 19:00:19.0589|ds|Error|The creator of this fault did not specify a Reason.|CanExecutePlan() 2015-07-23 19:00:19.0689|ds|Error|The creator of this fault did not specify a Reason.|CanExecutePlan()
-
Can anyone give me any pointers about why MDT might hang at various stages and what I could do to resolve the issue? I don't think it is a resource issue as the server has enough free resources. Also, does anyone have any pointers around multicast setup? I have tried in the past with limited success. Thanks
-
Just jumping slightly on the end of this, what else do you guys do to images before you re-capture them? Windows updates? What things do you customise in the default user? Thanks
-
Thanks - just wondering if other schools/LAs are having issues.
-
Is anyone having address validation issues within SIMS.net? Thanks
-
[sims] FMS automatic reconciliation painfully slow
tech-man replied to tech-man's topic in MIS Systems
Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks -
Hello Our automatic reconciliation screens within FMS seem to be painfully slow. When switching been screens it just waits... all other functions with in FMS/SIMS run at a good pace. Does anyone have any suggestions?
-
Recently upgraded to SOLUS 3.9 from 3.6.... When using 3.6 my technicians could use there own user credentials to install SIMS/FMS on a remote machine... since upgrading to 3.9 this now doesn't work.... "access denied to the remote machine" they have administrator access on the remote machines. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks
-
Hello I am trying to install SIMS on a computer which has recently been rebuilt using SOLUS 3.9 via AD browse. The computer wont appear via the AD browse and it reports No Computers Found. I am able to browse and find other computers which have never had SIMS, but SOLUS seems to think SIMS is installed on this machine - the computer is not listed in the agent list. Does anyone have any ideas how I can clear this?
-
OK - so it now looks like the upgrade has worked... how can I verify that the database upgrade aspect of it has happened? What tables or other bits are new in the DB? I have new GUI (yuck) & agents deployed.
-
Different error this time: Product: SOLUS 3 Deployment Server Database -- Error 26204. Error -2147217900: failed to execute SQL string, error detail: User does not have permission to perform this action., SQL key: CreateMachineLogin_Trusted SQL string: IF NOT EXISTS (SELECT name FROM master.sys.server_principals WHERE name = 'DOMAIN\SIMSSRV$') BEGIN CREATE LOGIN [DOMAIN\SIMSSRV$] FROM WINDOWS WITH DEFAULT_DATABASE=[master] END
