-
Posts
433 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by tech-man
-
Have a look at Mobotix cameras (MOBOTIX AG - The HiRes Video Company / IP Video Cameras) saw these at BETT last year and was very impressed - not sure if they do sound.
-
Hi Does anyone have experience of extending HP hardware support via 3rd party companys? e.g. BT Engage IT/Modis Solutions etc I have two servers which are due to expire soon and would be interested to hear peoples views/comments..... Thanks!
-
Have you tried: Safeboot - Hold down shift key when turning on. Single User Mode - Hold down cmd and s when turning on, then at prompt type fsck -f (file system check on HDD) Verbose mode - Hold down cmd and v this will show all background startup stuff and might give you a hint when and what makes it fall over Hope this helps,
-
[windows software] Where do you get quotes from for MS licensing?
tech-man replied to Blue_Cookeh's topic in Licensing Questions
Have a look at: Becta Schools - Resources - Software licences - New procurement framework for software licensing From recent experience it is well worth getting lots of quotes and negotiating the suppliers down on price. -
Will the large "latest posts" section be added back to the front page? Looking good though.
-
PaperCut here
-
I use a VBS script which is available at WiseSoft - Resources for IT Professionals it's called "Delete Local Profiles". You can add exceptions to the script.
-
Hello Can anyone offer advice on which computers SIMS should be installed on? Until now we have only installed it on staff facing machines but questions are now being asked about installing it on other machines which are not always only staff facing.... e.g. whiteboard pc, general classroom PCs. Thanks
-
What group/owner? Cheers
-
It is a virtual private server with Plesk - however I have installed moodle by downloading the zip and creating the DB. I just need to know where I might put the moodledata folder.... thanks
-
Hello Can someone give me some advice where to locate my moodledata folder? Currently it is in httpdocs(which is not recommended).... I have tried moving it up one level and altering config.php but it displayed some permission errors. Its current location is /var/www/vhosts/DOMAIN/httpdocs/moodledata/ I have my own ubuntu server, but I am fairly new to linux filesystem etc. Thanks
-
Contact the network administrator!
- 2 replies
-
- memory pen
- security
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Securing COA, so they can't be torn off...
tech-man replied to duncane's topic in How do you do....it?
Sticky back plastic or glue thin clear plastic over the top? -
Hello, I had some issues getting Hyper-V working on a DL360 G5 recently. To get it to work, I had to do the following: Install hotfix kb974598 then enable a)Intel® Virtualization Technology and b)No-Memory Execute Protection in the BIOS If I enabled the above without the hotfix the W2K8 R2 server would BSOD on boot. I hope this might be helpful for someone.
-
Hello, I am looking for some feedback on Truancy Call - We have had a demo and are thinking of buying it.... Does anyone use it? Does it work well for you? Any issues? Any features it lacks? Is it stable/reliable? Thanks
-
We have had some Promethean Pro boards installed - does anyone know if ActiveStudio will work with them? Thanks
-
Is ghost OK with other PCs? Rebooted server/switches? Try them off another switch....? How is the image files interfaced to the server? local disk? You do not need to change the HDD Mode - ours work fine.
-
Can you restrict this in Exchange System Manager under Security in the GAL?
-
Happy Birthday Keep up the good work!
-
From memory there is a setting in Active Directory Users & Computers on the actual AD group....
-
Did this work out for you?
-
You normally do liveupdate on the Backup Exec Media Server then push the agents to the remote servers. Under Tools menu. Hope this helps. Sorry just read this again... after re-pushing the agents to the remote servers, has it updated the DLL described in the Symantec doc?
-
What about Symantec Ghost Solution Suite, that has a deployment tool, which you could use for non-msi apps....? Then you can use Ghost for disk based imaging too.
