-
Posts
1,314 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by dwhyte85
-
Hate to break it to you... it's remote administrator tool and most definitely not trojan... BO2K was possibly the only one that was considered a bit of a both, Sub7 is a trojan and it's use was for the naughtier side of things. You are thinking more trojan / keylogger, many legit RATs exist... used for network control, they make good use of sockets (as opposed to irc connectivity like most new-age trojans), Windows API's... & are developed and used to make our lives easier... dameware is a RAT
-
I found for the networking side of things and API hooking - it's easier to learn from RAT source codes (IMO), easier to see something already working and play with it than to do from scratch. Cplusplus.com is another good resource, fairly easy to read and follow - this has an easy to follow tut on pointers. Book wise... books never really worked from me, my friends had success with Sams Learn C++ in 21 days (or something close to that name).
-
We could do the same as above, we're based in Slough - not too far from where you're based. I could enquire about the whole pay side of things though.
-
Lost my permission to edit scripts in SYSVOL
dwhyte85 replied to CHR1S's topic in Windows Server 2000/2003
Yep as above, running through command line would work too (to run). -
Trainee IT Technician - Slough, Berkshire
dwhyte85 replied to dwhyte85's topic in Educational IT Jobs
Best of luck to all that apply. -
Trainee IT Technician - Slough, Berkshire
dwhyte85 replied to dwhyte85's topic in Educational IT Jobs
With the time it took to actually advertise the role I'm not sure it'll be done before the role expires... Don't worry, already sent an e-mail stating the problems, basic basic is another mistake. -
Trainee IT Technician - Slough, Berkshire
dwhyte85 replied to dwhyte85's topic in Educational IT Jobs
I didn't write the copy :-) -
Trainee IT Technician - Slough, Berkshire
dwhyte85 replied to dwhyte85's topic in Educational IT Jobs
It includes LWA -
Trainee IT Technician - Slough, Berkshire
dwhyte85 replied to dwhyte85's topic in Educational IT Jobs
Full time, holidays to be taken during school holidays. -
Hello, Working with me and my other very capable colleague: Baylis Court School - Trainee IT Technician Happy to answer questions on infrastructure, what the job entails but not salary
-
That's scarier than Chucky...
-
Thanks for responses. Unfortunately, because we have no procedure in place and as time is short for this particular role we will be looking for a trainee ICT technician. We will be putting in the foundation for an apprenticeship based on wagnerk's input & the apprenticeship website and hopefully looking for an apprentice in the summer. I will be linking to the job from eTeach / school website as and when it's put up.
-
Controversial eejit! @torledo: How do you expect government to now get this money back? The money had to come from somewhere, and, as far as I'm aware it was not all of the money paid back to savers...
-
Maybe the laptops haven't auth'd with domain... but you should/would get a prompt? Have you tried to use IP rather than hostname in address of proxy?
-
Yes, I may have been one of those divvys at Cordwallis fixing commercial vehicles I would love to do this but have concerns about a school leaver working in this environment, if the candidate was male it would be difficult in an all female school... especially if he received any attention from the girls, luckily I'm ugly as sin, pale white and ginger - yes we have souls. Female would be OK but then they may find physical aspects of the job difficult, not to stereotype - just stating my opinions, I know people may take that wrong but it is not my intention (bearing in mind it could be a 16 year old). Expectations of a apprentice would be my concern, I wouldn't know how to push them - how were you treated, did you shadow for several weeks or go off on your own and ask questions?
-
Hello, We've had a resignation from one of our IT Techs, as we have two seniors in IT we think it may be beneficial to try get an apprentice rather than a trainee. How does it work? I remember from my days at VW @ Heathrow I was paid very little and offered training... is this still how it works? I am thinking that to train someone up would be better as we'd have longer retention of staff and they'd benefit from the training, we'd benefit from the ability they're learning. Can anyone with experience within an ICT apprentice role or has employed an apprentice give any feedback?
-
That's the thing about opinions, everyone's entitled to them
-
No, I just don't agree with you.
-
Nothing like pwning a 12 year old french kid on MW2 who's level 70 when you're level 3... good times.
-
The reseller had been told, at the time that the D630 was still available, during the order process it may have come to EOL but... presumably the acc manager at Dell would have told the reseller who we used, but... this it didn't happen. Dell on any level are not great for communicating anything, it was kind of a comply or die situation, in our case it was if you don't like Vista tough... problem being on a very aged Novell network this caused too many issues. Of course, you're entitled to an opinion, I'm stating the fact that Dell are not great with communicating changes, reading e-mails, reading prior e-mail notes or resolving issues - from my experience at least.
-
BrainPOP UK needs some VLE Advice - help wanted!
dwhyte85 replied to ChrisBrainPOP's topic in Virtual Learning Platforms
Our deputy head is impressed, we're not sure whether it'd be used for VLE integration though which makes it a bit difficult for me as it means i'll be creating shortcuts and deploying to desktops... well not difficult, just effort. -
Unfortunately Simon will get the blame for incompetence at Dell which as above is fairly common. At my previous job we often received the wrong spec laptops, a total change in laptop when we were not told the D630 was end of life. It took nearly 8 months to resolve an issue with the plastic nightmare after the d630, it then took a further 2 months to get an engineer to give us a correct install order for XP Pro drivers... not everyone uses Vista, Dell! Long story short, our reseller was in a similar position despite best efforts of our account manager at my last job and despite his valiant efforts it took months to resolve. I am not making excuses for anyone... sometimes these things happen, I'm certain Simon will be working his best to resolve this
-
I am certain it depends on what setup you have, I think 30 is standard but anymore is dependent on what setup you've taken... I keep thinking it's encryption type but to be honest because I've had no issues I haven't had to worry.. yet.
-
Hello SimpleSi, Sorry I accidentally unsubscribed from this thread. We have an overlap in most rooms, some areas have more than this - dependent on how you've setup will determine MAX clients on your Ruckus kit, I can't remember what affects this - I thought it was encryption, that said you should at least get 15 per point? On our netbooks we have the Realtek wireless, I can find out driver version and bits if you'd like.
-
I thought it was quite good, played an hour last night on my new PS3... bit like COD4 + CS, it's a bit repetitive but... I love running in and dying every 5 seconds so i'm easily pleased. Will compare to MW2 later as it's arriving today. If you ever see GingerManBearPig on a server be sure to let him kill you.
