Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

dwhyte85

Members
  • Posts

    1,314
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by dwhyte85

  1. I've used privoxy along time ago when I used to do very naughty things, can't say it's for home filtering though good for keeping yourself anonymous... add that to TOR and wunderbar, better still VPN and a SOCKS chain
  2. It's not education, sysadmin in the real world for the company that provides real-time stats for the premier league (and goal line technology, 3d visualisations etc)
  3. Wooohooo I did get the cool job, 31k to 35k incremented over 6 months
  4. Yes, they quickly ignored the manual entry advice...
  5. I dislike most Mac users, I don't mind the hardware though...
  6. Ok, it's a fix... very grumpy examinations officer!
  7. Is anyone else in the same boat with the examinations module? I've only been told a patch will be rolled out within 48 hrs but I have an angry member of SLT who seems to think I can fix it...
  8. That's Hays recruitments addition to the original job desc (which isn't much better). Ho hum
  9. Trackmania is pretty addictive and I don't really like driving games
  10. Any dramatic changes can't be done now until Easter holidays as they're in use nearly every lesson. Hays are now the recruitment agency for this, click here.
  11. I have a definite offer. They want me to start early but I can't as I've not been replaced I also have a second interview with another very cool company but I don't know if I'll get that one. People aren't interested in you until your notice is under a month!
  12. It is my old job, I am leaving Feb 8th - I posted a few months back.
  13. That's numberwang
  14. How about all SLT take a 5% pay cut... that'll produce far more free cash!
  15. I don't think it's possible. You might be lucky with the free migration and could put the char across
  16. 48 hours of Surfin' Bird and you might end up smashing your head off a wall
  17. @wagnerk - ask an agency what FITS is then ask an agency what ITIL is! In short, they'll know ITIL and very few will know FITS.
  18. If teachers have seating plans it makes it easier to tell who's stealing if the next teacher checks before lesson starts.
  19. Have you tried to open with notepad? Right click, open with and select notepad. It may tell you in the files first line the type of file it is.
  20. For this one, I'm not going to bother
  21. Congratulations
  22. Well done, quite a haul!
  23. I script our 160+, it works OK. They type in username and it maps h drive, maps to my docs and other mapping that are needed. Filtering is on IP through our WS100 - it's not bad really, the main issues we get are people turning our WiFi off... normally teachers to plug in heaters!
  24. It may make you look smaller than you are and it's a bit... late 90s
  25. I think I'd worry if... You received huge amounts of organic traffic through searching You were taking payment online You had your helpdesk based through wix in flash Although I totally understand what previous posters are saying... but for me it's more of a show-case than a method of getting business... the likelihood is that you're calling/contacting clients in the first place? I don't like the idea of using a 3rd party to host though, what if wix goes down? You are at their mercy! @MODS/Admins - all links are nofollow, right? Otherwise this could be a good way for someone to boost PR on google... xD
×
×
  • Create New...