Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

CommodoreS

Members
  • Posts

    394
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by CommodoreS

  1. I have recently had some issues in Excel with Formulas. I have noticed that sometimes when I manually write a formula the field is just showing the formula rather than the answer to it. Also if I create a formula which works and shows the result instead, and then copy the cell and paste it in the cells beneath all cells are showing the result from the copied cell. If I go into each cell beneath and press enter on the formula it then updates to the correct result. Have Microsoft released some kind of update that has broken formulas as I have also had others telling me that are having the same thing happening to them.
  2. Even so, just finding a cheap or free SMS to EMAIL solution would solve this issue.
  3. My phone network does not support Wi-Fi calling yet, but phone does (Xiaomi Mi A1 and GiffGaff). Even if it did, the issue is finding what is required to be unblocked by the LEAs highly restrictive and blocking firewall in terms of ports and destinations IPs to work and at the moment they can't even figure out how to unblock Whatsapp at their end so that works properly!
  4. I dont think it would work. We are using the newer two-factor authentication and not the older two-step verification. There is no option to change back to the old system. https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204915
  5. That might be an option but when they phone is the phone number the same every time, and what phone number do they use? If it comes up as private or restricted that will not work and I would need to know the phone number that is incoming.
  6. I cant get a second mortgage to buy an iPhone.
  7. I am having issues with no mobile signal (any network) and not getting texts for Apple Two Factor Authentication as a result. I can not use the schools landline number as they have an automated attendant and the system cant cope with that. Apple were not overly helpful, but recommended to use Google Voice but being in the UK it will not let me sign up as Google Voice is for users in the US only. Does anyone else know of any free (or extremely cheap) SMS to E-Mail services to enable the Authentication Code to be sent to me.
  8. Does anyone know of any companies which can visit to repair large projector screen motors?
  9. I guess you have never had a problem with Google, where you have then tried to contact a human being working there? If you do manage to get through to someone (and they reply) then their replies are generally quite rude and arrogant and not what you want to hear. No customer service at all, and they just don't want to communicate on a human being level. At least Microsoft does have someone you can phone to talk to, even though they are generally in a foreign country who cant understand what you are saying (and you cant understand them either) and do not have enough training to deal with resolving your request. Sadly, not all of us have two weeks to get this kind of thing sorted, which should not take two weeks of hassle and aggro to get sorted.
  10. I spent\wasted a lot of time trying to get this resolved and got absolutely nowhere so gave up trying. Support from all parties I contacted were just blaming the other party and I got nowhere as a result ended up going in circles. In the end someone said they would get back to me regarding it, but never did and then as always something else came up that needed to be sorted. If you find anything more out yourself (or a quick answer\solution) please let me know.
  11. Thank you for the help and great suggestions. I am going to try Mosyle. The main issues we had (ZD) were related to poor support and invoicing (attempts to overcharge\different prices to those advertised on its site) as well as some features not working as we expected, but i'd rather not go into too many specific details. If ZD works well for other people I am glad. Its not a terrible product, but it was not for the ideal product and service for us and we were not overly impressed. The company does not seem too bothered about customer retention either.
  12. Please can anyone recommend a cheap, affordable, reliable MDM to use that would integrate well with 16 Shared iPad 2017s? Not Zuludesk though, as thats who we are moving away from after countless problems.
  13. What is the error message specifically saying?
  14. I have been informed that a school was advised that having a child's name on a piece of work on the school wall is breaking GDPR. Does anyone know if this is true or been advised the same?
  15. our internet provider which is the lea (essex) has told us that they are upgrading their filtering over half term and they are freezing changes to web filtering rests from 23rd May until 30th May. our school does not break up until Friday 25th May three days after this freeze is put in place. This means if we find an unsuitable website, we will not be able to get it blocked on out filtering as they do this for us. I just wondered if during this time we will be covered by the regulations at https://www.saferinternet.org.uk/advice-centre/teachers-and-school-staff/appropriate-filtering-and-monitoring or if we should prevent the internet from being used to cover ourselves.
  16. I just wondered if anyone has come across this company at all Secure School Email | X509 Encryption for Education It sounds good, but there does not seem to be much technical information there.
  17. Is there a document somewhere which details the minimum requirements schools need to have for filtering websites? Does this include logging visited websites now as well?
  18. Our school is missing "Office 365 A1 Plus for faculty" licences on its Office 365 account. We have been in contact with other schools which have automatically had these licences added by Microsoft. We logged a ticket with Microsoft who have been completely unhelpful on this. They told us to contact Volume Licencing which we did who have passed it back to Office 365 support. Can anyone please help and tell me who I need to contact about getting the "Office 365 A1 Plus for faculty" licences added and what I need to tell them, as I am just getting nowhere on this one.
  19. So inside User Config > Policies > Windows Settings > Folder Redirection when setting up the folder redirection it seems to default select the settings it defaults the setting Grant the user exclusive rights to Contacts or to Videos in that section when setting them up for the first time. This then seems to lock those folders out from administrator access so if redirecting the folders to my documents to the users my documents on the server and when you try and access them a message is displayed saying you dont currently have permission to access this folder on the server as an administrator. Even after removing the grant the user exclusive rights option and users logging on again the permissions are still set so administrators cannot access the folders. The problem is it has done this for ajn awful lot of users before I realized and now wondering if there is a quick and easy way to sort this rather than going in to these folders for every user to give the folders administrative access rights. I am also having a problem with users offline files (the whole of the users my documents should be syncronising in offline files) coming up with an error saying it cannot syncronise and am wonder if it is somehow related to this.
  20. Very quick question - Are schools allowed to take and keep a photocopy of a DBS check certficiate? I am hearing different answers from different people, some saying only the top part can be photopied and others saying they can photocopy the entire certificate.
  21. Even 128GB would not be enough if each of the 400+ children need a 1GB local cache area.
  22. The school has 20 32GB ipads and over 400 children. They are now set up with ASM and Zuludesk but I have found out that a 1GB local cache is used for every child that logs on to that ipad for them. As a result two ipads bricked due to lack of space during the ios 11 update and others are now showing no space free, so are not pulling down new apps or ios updates. The only solution I have been given is to reset the ipads, which is not ideal as this is going to happen a lot. Whats the best MDM solution for my situation which will not have these problems?
  23. If your using 15.1 I am guessing your not paying for the latest version so I very much doubt Smart will offer you any support for this old version. To see if the problem is specifically with 15.1 I would try going back to 15.0 or 14.x or moving forward to a later version of 15 if the keys you have let you.
  24. Not sure, but may be 4.7 related. Might be worth asking on https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/114280125118878234579?cfem=1
  25. In powerpoint 2016 in the slide show tab the Use presenter view option is selected for users as a default. Is there a way with a Reg Key or GPO setting to change this for users so this is disabled as default?
×
×
  • Create New...