-
Posts
643 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by eejit
-
Have many people left Synetrix and what are your experiences? We've had a terrible couple of weeks and today's connection has been unbelievable, so we are seriously looking at moving away. I'd be interested to hear of which ISP's people moved to and if they are now happy with that choice. Thanks!
-
[pics] The Cure: Friday I'm In Love: In Picture Form
eejit replied to 6Foot2's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
Brilliant! -
I wish there was an volcanic ash cloud from Iceland every year !!
eejit replied to mattx's topic in General Chat
Ah, now I understand - Mother In Law Friend! Thanks guys, I've always wondered what that acronym stood for. -
I wish there was an volcanic ash cloud from Iceland every year !!
eejit replied to mattx's topic in General Chat
... but those views are highly influenced by the proximity of his mother-in-law -
There's no evidence to suggest that they have enough oil to warrant invasion.
-
[ms office - 2007] Editing the config.xml to install office with no UI
eejit replied to chris17_99's topic in Office Software
The config.xml works really well for 2007, but has anyone tried it with 2010 yet? I can't get mine to work - the error mentions that there is nothing selected and too many products to chose from: Error: No product has been selected, and more than one product is available Type: 86::TooManyProducts. Clearly they have changed something but the Technet articles haven't been of much use. -
Been running all our DCs as Hyper-V virtual machines for over a year now - no probs at all.
-
Yeah, me too. Thanks
-
Not old hat to me - hadn't heard of it at all. We currently have two games that the disks are very noisy while playing - I guess they are not perfectly flat. Can you give a link to the product you used? Google throws up a few links to USB Launcher and USB Loader, but most of them seem fairly dodgy. Thanks - good thread!
-
Thanks for the link. Some great ones there, but #49 was my fav
-
Thanks - that's really improved the performance of our backups too! They now finish in a fraction of the time.
-
Thanks for the replies guys, we do things like that too - there is a program called FileBoss that is very good for rooting out these long paths and can even shorten the folders if you tell it to. I was just hoping that in the couple of years since I've researched this problem someone may have had some breakthrough in stopping the kids doing this in the first place. Thanks again.
-
Hi there, I guess that we've all run into the problem where you can't access files due to the path lenght being over 260 characters. (end users save these using mapped drives, but when you look at them from the server the maximum path is exceeded) Has anyone got a solution to this yet? Ideally I'd like to alter the max path lenght of all the clients to 200 characters, but Microsoft have told me in the past that this is impossible. What have you guys done to get around this problem? Thanks
-
Srv08 - terminal server - home folders change to documents
eejit replied to lafleur1977's topic in Windows Server 2008
Hi there, Many of my users's folders are showing up as "Shared Folders", I've tinkered about with DESKTOP.INI to get a solution but nothing has worked so far. Even deleting DESKTOP.INI has not changed them back to their regular names. Any ideas? Thanks. -
CyberNerd, thanks for that. I'll go through that when things ease off and alter my scripts. Cheers
-
Doh! Yes, thanks - did that. Can't believe I forgot that - early term pressure
-
This is a bit of my current script for /f "tokens=1 delims=," %%1 in (2006.txt) do ( net user "%%1" /comment:"2006 Intake" /homedir:"\\server\%%1"$ /scriptpath: /profilepath:\\server\Profiles$\pupil Just missing the "/homepath= whatever" bit Thanks
-
Yep, I could but there are about 200 I need to change. Thanks
-
Hi there, Some of our accounts have got screwed up for some reason. I know that there must be a way to add a user's "home path" to Z: \\server\username$ somehow, but I just can't find the command. Must be a switch in "net user", but again I can't find it. Anyone know how to do it? Thanks!
-
You have absolutely saved my life PHEW! - shows how invaluable this forum is. Thanks everyone.
-
Have you considered working for one of the companies that do ICT support in education? It would be a stepping stone at least and your experience would come in useful to them (I'm thinking of people like RM etc.)
-
This looks like it is the Moodle Forum now!
eejit replied to Wallgo's topic in Virtual Learning Platforms
Loads of people in London have Fronter (forced) but I don't know any school using it properly (I was going to say that "I didn't know anyone using it in anger" - plenty of them using it in anger though ) -
Hi there We are slowly moving towards using our old kit for terminal services so we need a good brokerage service. We've had a meeting with an Ericom guy and it looks pretty good, but I just want to get some feedback about the service from schools who are actually using it. cheers.
