Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

sidewinder

Members
  • Posts

    3,170
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by sidewinder

  1. Just go to any supermarket/offy If you want to compare who has what special offer - Compare Supermarket Prices | Supermarket Shopping - mySupermarket
  2. LOL Bet Smart are hoping some purchases are made in error
  3. My tatty escort is in for its MOT in a week or so...think it will fail but hoping its just on minor things - if so that would be 2 years of driving for about £600 all in including substantial welding done last year. If it needs anything major I will be buying something else. I really fancy a Honda CRX
  4. No surprise for me, voted Green before and will again Oh and obviously Im a raging commie
  5. lol...doesnt matter to me really as its not mine. Its my dads own fault for changing his mind so much, I did warn him he wont get anywhere near what he paid for it Thanks though!
  6. Nothing toi do with school, hence why its in here. My dad bought this Dell last year before deciding he wanted a Mac, leaving me with the job of selling it Want to get as much as possible back for it Specs are: Dell Studio Slim 540S Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 2.66Ghz 6Mb Cache 5GB RAM (one 1GB stick was faulty, Dell replaced with a 2GB stick hence the odd number) ATI Radeon HD 3450 Graphics card 750GB Hard disk 16x DVDRW 22" Widescreen Dell monitor Wireless mouse/keyboard Windows Vista Home Premium (bet this puts the valiue down a bit ) Not sure how much he originally paid, probably over a grand. How much would it be worth roughly second hand? (ebay or otherwise) Or how much would you pay for it if someone offered it to you? I've got a figure in mind but I'll see what others think first. Just to make it clear, not trying to sell on here, just find out value
  7. Being that no-one reads the vitally important emails we send out about downtime etc ("you never told me the network would be down") - no, it would be pointless There are regular emails about large changes to the network or software, but again I doubt many read them
  8. Thats my argument about it too, which few people seem to get. If its a poor film in 2d, how does 3d make it a good film? Im not against 3d (in the cinema at least, not interested in the slightest at home) but Im not paying more to watch average/poor films that I wouldnt watch in 2D
  9. Keep up with it, just dont purchase it. Probably the only things I have that are cutting edge is my PS3 and one of those WD Live boxes for playing HD movies - on a 20" samsung LCD that I only bought cus I needed something small Everything else Ive got isnt particularly up to date, I still use a 5/6 year old laptop (though do have a newer work one) and my Hi-fi is comprised of old equipment that cost me virtually nothing. Phone is a few years old. iPod is 6 years old Lack of money, since I'd rather save it for travelling, not so bothered about spending it on tech, and also the green aspect, if something still works, why replace?
  10. I really, really wish the squirrel part was true Though it is almost as funny that they thought that blaming a squirrel was a plausible excuse
  11. Sandwiches are passable and the 'pasta pots' look ok though Ive never had one Anything from the main kitchen itself though is hideous. Bland and flavourless. I know they're trying to cut down on salt but the food tastes like they leave out seasoning completely. I keep falling for the trick on training days of thinking 'well its free, i may as well have some' - NO NO NO I make my own (couscous, pasta, salads, noodles) or buy sandwiches from the cafe across the road (which does an incredible trade from 6th formers/lunch pass students, says a lot about the quality of the canteen)
  12. None at the minute. Was looking at one of the NetBotz units when we've got money though. I especially like how you can attach this to it APC Alarm Beacon Obviously I dont want anything going wrong, but a beacon flashing in the office would be quite cool Actually the Climate CM-2 does look rather good. That and a water sensor under the air con units would be good for our server room I think
  13. Ended up going with 10.6.2 (only installed a few so far mind) and it seems that an update (perhaps 10.6.2 itself) appears to have fixed the binding issues for us. Going to leave it a few days to be sure, but they havent disconnected once yet and pupils have been using them constantly since they went in
  14. No, that is pretty much exactly what it isnt. You dont just extract the maximum until it suddenly runs out, its impossible. Theres a maximum extraction point which then starts to decrease. The rate on a graph usually ends up as a bell curve
  15. Sorry...not sure how I managed to mess such a simple conversion up!
  16. Wheres the evidence that the cameras are used for spying? We have about 20, 18 of which are outside just to try and discourage (or try to find out who commited) vandalism. No-one has any interest in monitoring pupils every move ffs..they're needed because its a large and open site thats seen plenty of vandalism and break ins over the years
  17. It still comes from oil so its subject to the same price hikes as petrol, just with lower taxation as its cleaner. Dont know if thats the reason for its rise but it could be
  18. Yeah we have a laser cutter...but Im not sure how I'd get a 27" iMac in it...lol
  19. Doesnt make it a myth, just means, as you say, we dont know when it will be. Thats not a reason to ignore it
  20. Not quite - that is currently about 97p a litre. It hasnt been $2 to the pound for a while now As for petrol costing less in Europe, again not quite, virtually every country is above 90p a litre. France costs virtually the same. Granted some of that is because of the weak pound but its a myth that petrol is suddenly cheaper across the channel Finally, north sea oil output peaked over 10 years ago, its been declining ever since, so more and more is being imported
  21. You'll be waiting a while! Plus to completely change the fuel infrastructure of the country will cost a fortune, which will be reflected in the cost of the stuff, or the vehicles
  22. bet you then charge a fiver for the privilege, scandalous!
  23. Hmm...permanent marker is looking appealing at the minute
  24. hmm well ill just have to leave it overnight and see if it dries then...the black cap stuff is what we have (though it is probably about 3 years old)
  25. If so, need some help! Especially if you have iMacs. We've got some new ones, and unlike previous models there is literally no plastic so we'll have to mark on the aluminium. The usual blue plastic marking compound doesnt stick to the metal (fair enough really, it isnt meant to) so all it leaves is a very faint outline that can be pretty much rubbed off. So tried using the very runny red aluminium marking compound, but as well as dripping everywhere, this stuff never seems to dry! How long are you supposed to leave it? It does leave a good mark but it comes off when you touch it.
×
×
  • Create New...