Oaktech Posted March 7, 2014 Posted March 7, 2014 We went with the Smart, with MiFare encoding. The software is awkward, but once you have your head around it it's fine. It's printed 1500 cards so far and only jammed once.
tmcd35 Posted March 7, 2014 Posted March 7, 2014 Apologies it has taken a while to get back to you, and as we have recently discovered your comments above, I just wanted to apologise for any poor customer service experienced. Don't mean to be rude, but I just clocked the dates on posts...2 years!?!
DigiID Posted March 7, 2014 Posted March 7, 2014 Don't mean to be rude, but I just clocked the dates on posts...2 years!?! We are fairly new users to Edugeek, however we are interested in feedback from customers positive or negative. We may well of discussed the issues previously, this is purely to ensure we addressed this at the time.
Technet Posted September 25, 2017 Posted September 25, 2017 Seems like the Pebble is the right solution? We are going to purchase such ID card printer too for the office. Does someone know if there are any problems with its software (I`ve read that it is a little clunky while designing the card)? We are going to print about 400-600 cards per month, is it suitable for us? Thanks for advice!
Arthur Posted September 25, 2017 Posted September 25, 2017 Seems like the Pebble is the right solution? We are going to purchase such ID card printer too for the office. Our Pebble printer gives all of our photos a yellow cast which makes everyone look ill. If given the choice I wouldn't buy another. Does someone know if there are any problems with its software (I`ve read that it is a little clunky while designing the card)? The software is so clunky, buggy and unintuitive that I was forced to use Adobe InDesign to print our cards (using the data merge feature) out of sheer frustration. As someone else mentioned above it looks like it was designed for Windows 98 and never updated. Our Evolis software was also supplied with a USB dongle and will only run when that's inserted. If the software was any good I could understand it, but it's rubbish.
CyberDrac Posted September 26, 2017 Posted September 26, 2017 We use BioStore which prints directly from withing the IDManager using templates designed in IDCard, they work quite well for us so I've never had to use the Evolis software.
Technet Posted September 28, 2017 Posted September 28, 2017 Arthur, can you advise some specific models to purchase? I've already read about problems with Pebble software, but your post helped me to make a decision, thanks.
IzMark Posted November 1, 2017 Posted November 1, 2017 We have 2 Magicard Helix Printers and use the Card Exchange software. ID cards take around 40 seconds to print and are of very good quality.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now