SimpleSi Posted January 3, 2012 Posted January 3, 2012 But at least my pm school is still off- so luckily a half-day to ease me back in Si PS Happy New Year
Dos_Box Posted January 3, 2012 Posted January 3, 2012 *Looks up from toast out of windows. See's horizontal rain and gale force winds.* I think I'll take the car today!
Steve21 Posted January 3, 2012 Posted January 3, 2012 TD day today so not so bad at least But still... Boooooo! Steve
rad Posted January 3, 2012 Posted January 3, 2012 Um... windy is an understatement, I woke up, dragged myself out of bed to get her to work, as her car is bust, now sitting here answering the stupid questions like I forgot my email password... Oh well at least its TD here too.
dwhyte85 Posted January 3, 2012 Posted January 3, 2012 "It's raining sideways" - Ollie Williems No really, it is down 'ere, wasn't fun at 5.30am this morning!
Guest salan Posted January 3, 2012 Posted January 3, 2012 rough weather here also. Even though its only 150yds to work, I wimped out and got a lift from the wife! lol We become an academy today (but its a TD ), so I am in putting a patch on SIMS and changing the data. The patch is on and doesn't work! Awaiting phone call Alan
fs171 Posted January 3, 2012 Posted January 3, 2012 My thoughts were very simmilar to Dos_Box today, was meant to be the first of the new cycling regime.
DrCheese Posted January 3, 2012 Posted January 3, 2012 ugh I'm just in this morning to setup the projection kit for training day then I'm off outta here!.. At least that was the plan
GrumbleDook Posted January 3, 2012 Posted January 3, 2012 I was half tempted to ask my better half if I could use her car for the day but she is back in work (Training Day) ... I love my little car but they are not that good in strong winds ... and so I drive at a sensible speed only to be flashed, honked, beeped, and cut up by others.
Soulfish Posted January 3, 2012 Posted January 3, 2012 I get to stay in bed today, but only because I've got flu
sidewinder Posted January 3, 2012 Posted January 3, 2012 Ugh Still a holiday day here, and next to no traffic this morning but still ugh...really dont want to be in
localzuk Posted January 3, 2012 Posted January 3, 2012 (edited) Crazy day so far. Had about 15 help desk tickets, plus about 20 people randomly needing help, 4 new members of staff, 3 needing laptops, a UPS which is being dumb and far too many people having forgotten their passwords. Not to mention a user who reported something on the last day, in the afternoon, and then contacted us twice more this morning saying it still wasn't fixed! Good job there's 2 of us to deal with it all!! Edited January 3, 2012 by localzuk
LosOjos Posted January 3, 2012 Posted January 3, 2012 Got in to a great email today from an irate teacher who is "absolutely sick of it not working" because "the password you gave me is wrong" with an email from myself forwarded on. Well, the email is 2 years old and said teacher needs their password resetting every month because they have the memory of a gold fish, including a reset just before the christmas break. My first PICNIC of the year
elsiegee40 Posted January 3, 2012 Posted January 3, 2012 Weather = YUK! My first day of not working and I get called in because both servers are down (I am being paid!) Trees on site are dropping fairly large bits. The caretaker and I did our rounds working out what had gone down in terms of IT, heating, etc. It seems we had a power cut at 4.15am on Christmas Morning lasting around 45 minutes. At 5.20am on Boxing Day morning the Burglar Alarm had triggered a call out to the servicing company, but they could find nothing wrong. The ghosts must have been having a knees-up! The fuse for the main comms cupboard had tripped and both UPS had powered off. Everything is now rebooted and talking to everything else. So I've emailed my successor who starts tomorrow, submitted my bill and come home
featured_spectre Posted January 3, 2012 Posted January 3, 2012 I looked out the window...closed the curtains, cuddled up with my daughter and watched despicable me
rshortland Posted January 3, 2012 Posted January 3, 2012 Just got back to the office after being out on calls since 9.30 am and covering about 50 miles on my bike. Got asked by my boss if it was raining outside
witch Posted January 3, 2012 Posted January 3, 2012 Weather = YUK! My first day of not working and I get called in because both servers are down (I am being paid!) Trees on site are dropping fairly large bits. The caretaker and I did our rounds working out what had gone down in terms of IT, heating, etc. It seems we had a power cut at 4.15am on Christmas Morning lasting around 45 minutes. At 5.20am on Boxing Day morning the Burglar Alarm had triggered a call out to the servicing company, but they could find nothing wrong. The ghosts must have been having a knees-up! The fuse for the main comms cupboard had tripped and both UPS had powered off. Everything is now rebooted and talking to everything else. So I've emailed my successor who starts tomorrow, submitted my bill and come home Hope you are being paid A LOT!!
glennda Posted January 3, 2012 Posted January 3, 2012 Yeah weather was awful here - one of the fibers didn't last too long in the Wind (was already damaged but repaired) - and the Bonjour Service with Adobe CS3 caused Havoc on my new VLAN Setup...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now