Hightower Posted September 30, 2010 Posted September 30, 2010 Fancied getting Sky in for a while, but never fancied paying £61 for it. So imagine my surprise yesterday when I stumbled upon a voucher code giving me: Free Sky HD box Free Standard Setup All 6 variety packs (kids, music, news etc) Sky Sports Pack (SS1, SS2, SS3, SS4, SSExtra, SSNews etc) Sky Movies Pack (all the Sky movies channels) HD Pack (usually a tenner extra a month) for the tiny amount of, £25.50 a month. Oh, and I did the transaction through QuidCo, so I should have £100 cashback coming in, meaning the monthly figure is actually around the £17 mark.
Hightower Posted September 30, 2010 Author Posted September 30, 2010 That price for how long? 12 months, and can cancel straight after the price reverts to full price.
aaltaf Posted September 30, 2010 Posted September 30, 2010 you do realise that they can change the contract whenever they feel like it
ICT_GUY Posted September 30, 2010 Posted September 30, 2010 Yes can you give info on that deal please.
plexer Posted September 30, 2010 Posted September 30, 2010 you do realise that they can change the contract whenever they feel like it ??? no they can't that's why it's called a contract and if they chnage it and don't give you relevant warning etc... you can terminate it. Ben
Hightower Posted September 30, 2010 Author Posted September 30, 2010 you do realise that they can change the contract whenever they feel like it Erm, no, they can't. I'm signed in for that price for 12 months. If they change the price within that time I have the right to cancel my contract.
Hightower Posted September 30, 2010 Author Posted September 30, 2010 half price SKY tele codes - Digital World Cable Satellite Console Forum The second code worked for me, but not sure if they are still working (as Sky clock on after a while and cancel the code). My installation is sorted though
featured_spectre Posted September 30, 2010 Posted September 30, 2010 The code is now rejected I think, I got the email through saying please call them for further details, they asked where I got it etc, and said they will not process it so I cancelled the order
teddybear Posted September 30, 2010 Posted September 30, 2010 The best time to call Sky to cancel, get a better deal etc is a Thursday evening before 10pm. The folk that work there get a 'bonus' for every person they get to change their package or stay with Sky. Their bonus ends at 10pm on a Thursday night so they will do more to get that last few bonuses. If your sky box is faulty, anyone you call at Sky can get you a free box.
tech_guy Posted September 30, 2010 Posted September 30, 2010 (edited) Oh bum I was hoping to sign up/switch to this package tonight. I'll phone them anyway and tell them I'll be thinking of leaving and see what they offer. Edited September 30, 2010 by tech_guy
Hightower Posted September 30, 2010 Author Posted September 30, 2010 I've had the email saying my order is now active and I should expect the Sky engineer on a week Sunday (time I chose). Because my order went through initially it should be fine still shouldn't it even though they are now rejecting that code?
Hightower Posted September 30, 2010 Author Posted September 30, 2010 By the way, I stumbled on that code by Googleing 'half price sky tv voucher code' and then changing the search to only show results from the past couple of days. Keep doing that nephilim and you may strike lucky soon enough.
JJonas Posted September 30, 2010 Posted September 30, 2010 I think this is a new customer deal only. Im going to ring them tonight to cancel and see what happens.
featured_spectre Posted September 30, 2010 Posted September 30, 2010 New customer to sky = someone who hasn't been with them for 12 months....its in the small print.
Hightower Posted September 30, 2010 Author Posted September 30, 2010 New customer to sky = someone who hasn't been with them for 12 months....its in the small print. I'm sure there was something on the forum (my link) that says this deal is only available if you haven't been with Sky for at least 2 years.
JJonas Posted September 30, 2010 Posted September 30, 2010 I'm sure there was something on the forum (my link) that says this deal is only available if you haven't been with Sky for at least 2 years. That wont stop me trying, I will see what they do if they think I might cancel. It is Thursday afternoon before 10pm.
MYK-IT Posted September 30, 2010 Posted September 30, 2010 HotUKDeals - Half Price Sky for 12 months From at £9.50 pm
JJonas Posted October 1, 2010 Posted October 1, 2010 Apparently this is probably a Sky employee friends an family code. You will be allowed to book an installation but each code can only be used once. At some point the system should catch up with the fact the code has already been used and will get a call canceling the install.
Hightower Posted October 1, 2010 Author Posted October 1, 2010 Apparently this is probably a Sky employee friends an family code. You will be allowed to book an installation but each code can only be used once. At some point the system should catch up with the fact the code has already been used and will get a call canceling the install. Well, there's 9 days till my install, and I know for a fact that code was used a few times before me, so I'll let you all know whether mine gets cancelled before hand. Apparently once you get your welcome pack through the post you are clean sailing.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now