tech_guy Posted May 30, 2010 Posted May 30, 2010 I think it was this thread that set me off thinking about this 'again' last year so I went and did it I'm about to start work for the ambulance service Brilliant! Well done. I couldn't do it as I'd throw up all over the patients all the time.
synaesthesia Posted May 30, 2010 Posted May 30, 2010 Probably something engineery or mechanicy - had a knack for break/fixing anything electrical or mechanical, which seemed to come together rather well in IT.
joe90bass Posted May 30, 2010 Posted May 30, 2010 Musician - I play bass guitar in a few local Big bands. Though can't see me making a living out of locally so it would have to be London or Cruise Ships, not sure the missus would like that, so Education IT is!
Gatt Posted May 30, 2010 Posted May 30, 2010 I would open a Scottish Style chippy, selling "Fish Suppers", "Black Pudding Suppers", Haggis Suppers", etc etc... 1
tech_guy Posted May 30, 2010 Posted May 30, 2010 I would open a Scottish Style chippy, selling "Fish Suppers", "Black Pudding Suppers", Haggis Suppers", etc etc... And white pudding and chips too, I hope!?
featured_spectre Posted May 30, 2010 Posted May 30, 2010 I would be a chef, everyone I cook for says I missed my calling!
localzuk Posted May 30, 2010 Posted May 30, 2010 I think i'd have gone down the route of stage lighting or sound etc... Either that or aerospace engineer - but for that, i'd've had to pay a bit more attention to maths lessons!
tech_guy Posted May 30, 2010 Posted May 30, 2010 I've been doing a lot of thinking and if I could start again I'd probably be a teacher - teaching history probably, or perhaps English Literature.
mac_shinobi Posted May 31, 2010 Posted May 31, 2010 I can't believe nobody has said Batman or Superman yet ... ! Oooh, Batman! As long as no one says or wants to be Robin as we don't need any side kicks lol
RabbieBurns Posted May 31, 2010 Posted May 31, 2010 I would open a Scottish Style chippy, selling "Fish Suppers", "Black Pudding Suppers", Haggis Suppers", etc etc... I really really miss that cuisine.. washed down with a can of irn bru.. First thing im gonna get when I go back for a visit
cookie_monster Posted May 31, 2010 Posted May 31, 2010 I really really miss that cuisine.. washed down with a can of irn bru.. First thing im gonna get when I go back for a visit What about deep fried mini pizzas or pies you can't forget them
cookie_monster Posted May 31, 2010 Posted May 31, 2010 Brilliant! Well done. I couldn't do it as I'd throw up all over the patients all the time. lol yeh I'm really hoping my stomach is upto certain aspects of the job
EduTech Posted May 31, 2010 Posted May 31, 2010 Good job you ended up in IT Carl. ROFL! that was quick for you daniel lol!
CSNM-Carl Posted May 31, 2010 Posted May 31, 2010 Good job you ended up in IT Carl. It's a good job, you didn't get into comedy
EduTech Posted May 31, 2010 Posted May 31, 2010 It's a good job, you didn't get into comedy Ooo.... Fight! Fight! Fight! haha!
Andrew_C Posted May 31, 2010 Posted May 31, 2010 (edited) As a kid I thought f the RAF, but worked out fairly early on that (even without a colour vision deficiency) that only the best of the best fly. In hind sight I'm glad I dodged that one, we've been involved in too many wars of dubious legitimacy since then. Architecture was next, and I did work as a draughtsman for a couple of years until Maggie's recession knobbled building work for a while. I did casual lights and sound for a few years; believe me, it's only "Money for nothing, and chicks for free" if you are in the (A list) band. Bloody hard work, and stupid hours otherwise! Still don't really know what I want to do when I grow up (13 months shy of 50!) Edited May 31, 2010 by Andrew_C addendum 1
cookie_monster Posted May 31, 2010 Posted May 31, 2010 Still don't really know what I want to do when I grow up (13 months shy of 50!) I know what you mean I was in that boat for a while but when I realised that I didn't want to work in IT forever I started to think hard about it. I'm 32 now so it seemed like a good time to make a change.
Edu-IT Posted May 31, 2010 Posted May 31, 2010 Ooo.... Fight! Fight! Fight! haha! After the one liners I was coming out with last night I can see where he's coming from. If I wasn't in IT then I'm not sure where I would be to be honest. Call centre somewhere?
EduTech Posted May 31, 2010 Posted May 31, 2010 After the one liners I was coming out with last night I can see where he's coming from. If I wasn't in IT then I'm not sure where I would be to be honest. Call centre somewhere? I was thinking more along the lines of litter picker? lol
Edu-IT Posted May 31, 2010 Posted May 31, 2010 I was thinking more along the lines of litter picker? lol You say that as though it's a bad thing? I have a lot of respect for people who clean. It makes the place nice for everyone else. If it wasn't for litter pickers and such you'd be surrounded by rubbish thanks to the people who can't work out how to use bins.
EduTech Posted May 31, 2010 Posted May 31, 2010 You say that as though it's a bad thing? I have a lot of respect for people who clean. It makes the place nice for everyone else. If it wasn't for litter pickers and such you'd be surrounded by rubbish thanks to the people who can't work out how to use bins. I would never say anything bad about you daniel anyhow likewise litter pickers are good for the reasons you state
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now