Gatt Posted May 26, 2009 Posted May 26, 2009 All I need to do is find out if anyone will be up and about from about 07:30 on Thursday morning. Cos knowing my luck I'll leave here at 06:30 expecting to get stuck in traffic, only to get a clear run and be there too damn early!
Ric_ Posted May 26, 2009 Author Posted May 26, 2009 What's the plan for meeting up tomorrow night should we all aim to turn up in the bar next door to the hotel, or is there already a plan? http://www.edugeek.net/forums/edugeek-may-2009-conference/35923-conference-meal-tomorrow-wednesday-night.html 1
GrumbleDook Posted May 26, 2009 Posted May 26, 2009 All I need to do is find out if anyone will be up and about from about 07:30 on Thursday morning. Cos knowing my luck I'll leave here at 06:30 expecting to get stuck in traffic, only to get a clear run and be there too damn early! I'll be down at breakfast for about 7.15 on Thursday morning ... if nothing else just to watch the mottly crew comes staggering down for some toast due to them not being able to face a full fry up! Not mentioning any names ... You won't be able to miss me ... I'll be the one with a face like a tiger!
ICTNUT Posted May 26, 2009 Posted May 26, 2009 He's GGRRRREEEAATTTT! Oh well could not help it, tiger, breakfast. On another note those of us who need to setup at the conf what time can we get in??
Gatt Posted May 27, 2009 Posted May 27, 2009 @GD: cheers for the info - though just realised where the hotel is! Depending on what time i get to chorley, I may keep going to the hotel, if not I may just park up, find a McD's and read my 70-290 book unless help is needed setting up?
ICTNUT Posted May 27, 2009 Posted May 27, 2009 Well I am here at the hotel, just bumped into Dos_Box and had a chat. Where is everyone, i thought people would be eager to get things started.....
CAM Posted May 27, 2009 Posted May 27, 2009 Bored in my room atm. Came on my own, no idea how to identify anyone from the boards.
EduTech Posted May 27, 2009 Posted May 27, 2009 @ Cam Come down stairs to the bar, we're all having a chat down there James.
powdarrmonkey Posted May 27, 2009 Posted May 27, 2009 Come down stairs to the bar, we're all having a chat down there I feel so left out
AWicher Posted May 27, 2009 Posted May 27, 2009 Let me know when you all get to the la frog and I'll pop down!
tom_newton Posted May 27, 2009 Posted May 27, 2009 Feel bad that I have had to switch out for RobF - would have been good to see you all again, but unfortunately for me, we had a major schedule clash. Fortunately for you guys though, you get to meet RobF! Many of you will know Gav, but he'll also be bringing Claire (who some folk may have met at BETT?) and edu-new-boy Sean (who I don't think posts on here yet... someone get hold of him and sign him up please)
Ric_ Posted May 27, 2009 Author Posted May 27, 2009 @tom_newton: You forget to mention that the Smoothie guys have let us down and aren't coming until tomorrow
tom_newton Posted May 27, 2009 Posted May 27, 2009 @tom_newton: You forget to mention that the Smoothie guys have let us down and aren't coming until tomorrow It's a shame, I know - but with the last minute scheduling nightmares (due to adverse time zones, conf calls and US offices in the main...) we weren't able to cram everything in and still get the guys to you this evening. Please accept my apologies, i'm sure they'll make up for it in enthusiasm tomorrow.
john Posted May 27, 2009 Posted May 27, 2009 @tom_newton: You forget to mention that the Smoothie guys have let us down and aren't coming until tomorrow All the best people come on Thursday Ric Shame your not there Tom, blasted schedules, never mind I'll chat to Gav about my love of your products One very happy school and I can demo my VPN to him to prove it all works lovely and well all via the UTM Live demo on my Netbook for anyone who cannot beleive that the Smoothwall UTM can do all that we keep saying it can! (assuming that the Edugeek Wifi has an Internet option for me to hit onto )
EduTech Posted May 28, 2009 Posted May 28, 2009 Yes it was a great night Shame you cant come down Tom would of been nice to catch up, i'll have to give you a ring sometime look forward to speaking to Gav ... and the new girl Anyhow, see you all tomorrow
Gatt Posted May 28, 2009 Posted May 28, 2009 Just getting myse;lf ready for the drive up to Chorley so see you all shortly Depending on time/traffic i may go up to the hotel, but its more likely I'll find a McD's near the woodlands centre!
Gatt Posted May 28, 2009 Posted May 28, 2009 Well got to Chorley and now sat in McD's having breakfast.. Luckily I didn't continue to the Hotel though as my car died as soon as i cam eoff the sodding motorway!!
FN-GM Posted May 28, 2009 Posted May 28, 2009 Well got to Chorley and now sat in McD's having breakfast.. Luckily I didn't continue to the Hotel though as my car died as soon as i cam eoff the sodding motorway!! im setting off soon hows the traffic?
Gatt Posted May 28, 2009 Posted May 28, 2009 Not too bad mate.. though its probably building up now - gonna need to nip to the car in about 20 mins as the meter starts at 8!!
Gatt Posted May 28, 2009 Posted May 28, 2009 Cheers - dunno what happened with the car - just turned off a roundabout and lost all power.. not a pleasant experience! Just glad it started up again and that I wasn't still on the M61!
john Posted May 28, 2009 Posted May 28, 2009 Well i'm greater than you all I'm at the Woodlands Centre already Seem to be lacking other members of the Admin team so far though, there probably getting ready behind the scenes Looking forward to meeting new & old faces Traffic on the way down from Lancaster and across to here seemed fine when I left home at 7am.
Gatt Posted May 28, 2009 Posted May 28, 2009 and here i am down the road in McDs.. so if ur feeling lonely john
john Posted May 28, 2009 Posted May 28, 2009 and here i am down the road in McDs.. so if ur feeling lonely john oooh eeeer Mrs is the phrasing that comes to mind The Woodlands Centre is very much like my College rather eerely quiet (but has free wifi) just time to VPN to the office and do a couple of jobs I forgot to do las night....
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now