ICTDirect_Dave Posted September 30 Posted September 30 On 28/09/2026 at 16:04, Hoyt said: This is the remaster of the remaster. Hopefully CD Projekt Red does a better job than Microsoft did on the Halo CE remaster of the remaster. See, I LOVE the remake! It played flawlessly for me. It looks like the game I imagined I was playing when I first put the disc in the OG Xbox and played through the campaign on a 14" CRT into the wee hours of Christmas night more than two decades ago! It tweaked the mechanics in sensible ways, kept most things the same, and the changes made to the levels were sensible. Would I have liked a multiplayer option aside from co-op? Yes, but I'll wait for the remake of Halo 2 for that. It was always the better multiplayer option.
LeMarchand Posted September 30 Posted September 30 Stuck my PS4 Witcher 3 disc in yesterday and upgraded it to the PS5 remaster for free. Don't know when I'll get to play it as I'm still in the Forbidden West with Aloy and also have the Burning Shores. After that I think I'll need a break from that sort of game. Plus I noted I'd spent 355 hours with Geralt. Though maybe a replay might mean I didn't play it like the first game and lose the love of both Triss and Yen.
simpsonj Posted September 30 Posted September 30 Playing through Fire Emblem: Fortunes Weave. I'm getting the sense this game is enormous and will take many, many hours to complete. If you like Fire Emblem, this is highly recommended!
Hoyt Posted October 1 Author Posted October 1 I'd be interested to hear how y'all like the new Witcher remake. It downloaded on my Xbox but I haven't gotten around to it. One thing I like about Xbox is they still have actual player reviews (although if you leave a bad review on a COD game Microsoft will often delete it). A lot of folks are saying the new update broke a lot of stuff and didn't really bring much new to the table. Hopefully with some feedback they will clean it up if necessary.
BKGarry Posted October 2 Posted October 2 I am going to admit it, I have been playing this on my PC as of late 2
ICTDirect_Joe Posted October 2 Posted October 2 Rome Total War Remastered is the forever favourite (and I stayed up far too late playing last night). I never managed to get myself to like anything released after Medieval 2, and either Rome, or the Medieval 2 mod for Europa Barbarorum were the favourite until Rome Remastered released. Will probably continue to be the favourite forever. ONE day I'll give the Warhammer Total War games a shot, but I haven't liked anything else I've tried, no matter how much I've wanted to like them. 1
LeMarchand Posted October 2 Posted October 2 12 hours ago, Hoyt said: I'd be interested to hear how y'all like the new Witcher remake. It downloaded on my Xbox but I haven't gotten around to it. One thing I like about Xbox is they still have actual player reviews (although if you leave a bad review on a COD game Microsoft will often delete it). A lot of folks are saying the new update broke a lot of stuff and didn't really bring much new to the table. Hopefully with some feedback they will clean it up if necessary. I'm sure I read that they've already released a couple of patches for things.
Hoyt Posted October 2 Author Posted October 2 11 hours ago, LeMarchand said: I'm sure I read that they've already released a couple of patches for things. I guess we needed an update for the update. Well, no single player games tonight. It's Friday, so that's Counter Strike (with folks occasionally making fun of my supposed accent).
ICTDirect_Dave Posted Monday at 08:01 Posted Monday at 08:01 I lost a significant portion of my weekend to Stellaris - again! I should know better. I just popped it on for the first time in a year or so, "just to see how the recent updates were affecting things." Before I knew it, I had tweaked my xenophile human faction and set my science ship exploring the local neighbourhood. 23 hours and two crises later, humanity is a psychic hive-mind and both the galaxy's protector for fighting off the emergence of The Contingency, and its greatest threat, as my experiments with the psychic sub-dimension threaten the invasion of extraplanar entities! Marvellous! I think it might be my favourite strategy game of all time.
BKGarry Posted Monday at 10:14 Posted Monday at 10:14 Purchased this on Friday, in the Steam Sale, with the intent to play it over the weekend, but was then unwell
tom_newton Posted Monday at 11:42 Posted Monday at 11:42 I just bubbled to the top of the Steam Machine waiting list. Better start thinking of some games then!
machy Posted Tuesday at 12:22 Posted Tuesday at 12:22 Been loving Ace Combat 8, Soundtrack is S Tier too 1
Hoyt Posted Wednesday at 20:00 Author Posted Wednesday at 20:00 The reviews for Ace Combat on Xbox are all great, far above average. Mentioning soundtracks got me thinking about Rebel Galaxy, one of the better soundtracks I've heard since Brutal Legend
ITGuyNW Posted Thursday at 06:18 Posted Thursday at 06:18 New Gears of War feels like meeting up with an old friend.
Rob_D Posted Thursday at 07:26 Posted Thursday at 07:26 1 hour ago, ITGuyNW said: New Gears of War feels like meeting up with an old friend. Looking forward to giving that a go. I was going to jump on last night but it took nearly 20 minutes to load shaders. I thought they'd come up with some "fast shader" tech to help with that?
ITGuyNW Posted Thursday at 07:42 Posted Thursday at 07:42 15 minutes ago, Rob_D said: Looking forward to giving that a go. I was going to jump on last night but it took nearly 20 minutes to load shaders. I thought they'd come up with some "fast shader" tech to help with that? haha yeah the shader cache took ages but I forgive them because it is probably one of the best looking games I've played.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now