enjay Posted October 20, 2022 Posted October 20, 2022 I'm looking for recommendations for electronic, preferably online, systems which SLT and Pastoral can use to track incident investigations - what happened, what action has been taken, student statements, follow up dates, etc. Currently this is a paper-based process. Audit trail is important, as we want to ensure we can prove an incident statement was written by a particular student so they can't later say "nah mate, I never typed that" - this could be a student login to the system, traceable email update, or possibly just uploading a scan of a signed handwritten statement. We have HaloITSM helpdesk within my department, but that's overkill. We also have Parago Helpdesk which might do it, but I'd be interested in recommendations for more education-focused or bespoke options too. Thanks!
Dan2025 Posted October 20, 2022 Posted October 20, 2022 Second CPOMS, used at every school I've been at.
enjay Posted October 20, 2022 Author Posted October 20, 2022 To clarify, I'm not talking safeguarding concerns here, but behaviour incidents which SLT need to investigate. I wonder if they could use Safeguard My School anyway though. How do you get student statements into CPOMS?
LeMarchand Posted October 20, 2022 Posted October 20, 2022 Second CPOMS, used at every school I've been at. Ditto and, as I never get calls about it, it must be reliable/easy to use.
Dan2025 Posted October 20, 2022 Posted October 20, 2022 To clarify, I'm not talking safeguarding concerns here, but behaviour incidents which SLT need to investigate. I wonder if they could use Safeguard My School anyway though. How do you get student statements into CPOMS? I think staff will report incidents and add statements etc. IrisAdapt is used more for the behaviour side here, though I don't know enough about it to recommend it.
Scifigirl Posted October 20, 2022 Posted October 20, 2022 we use sleuth for Behaviour student..... sorry student behaviour.... not sure how staff investigations are dealt with....
enjay Posted October 20, 2022 Author Posted October 20, 2022 Depending on your MIS... Your MIS. Technically that's SIMS, although most teachers don't need to touch it as they do everything through ClassCharts.
pete Posted October 20, 2022 Posted October 20, 2022 We use MyConcern for investigating behaviour incidents (and safeguarding incidents). Cut-and-dried things (student caught using phone in class, phone confiscated, handed back at end of day (provided strike count not exceeded and parent needs to collect it)) are entered into SIMS.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now