Andrew_C Posted September 28 Posted September 28 39 minutes ago, ITGuyNW said: I recently jumped from Octopus energy to I did that some years ago... Whoever I went to went belly-up within a year. Got moved to Shell, then as soon as I could, I went back to the Molluscs.
Fazza Posted September 28 Posted September 28 Poundland still haven't found a buyer and their credit insurance has just been removed which normally means their suppliers wont give them any credit and if they want to buy things then they have to pay up front. Sadly when this happens, a lot of companies cease trading. https://www.retailgazette.co.uk/blog/2026/09/poundland-moves-to-reassure-suppliers-after-credit-insurers-pull-cover/
LeMarchand Posted September 28 Posted September 28 2 minutes ago, Fazza said: Poundland still haven't found a buyer and their credit insurance has just been removed which normally means their suppliers wont give them any credit and if they want to buy things then they have to pay up front. Sadly when this happens, a lot of companies cease trading. https://www.retailgazette.co.uk/blog/2026/09/poundland-moves-to-reassure-suppliers-after-credit-insurers-pull-cover/
ITGuyNW Posted September 28 Posted September 28 30 minutes ago, MartinT said: I would stick with Octopus. I wanted to however standing charge was literally double and gas was 2.5p a unit dearer.
Dos_Box Posted September 28 Posted September 28 23 minutes ago, Fazza said: Poundland still haven't found a buyer and their credit insurance has just been removed which normally means their suppliers wont give them any credit and if they want to buy things then they have to pay up front. Sadly when this happens, a lot of companies cease trading. https://www.retailgazette.co.uk/blog/2026/09/poundland-moves-to-reassure-suppliers-after-credit-insurers-pull-cover/ Who won't lend them a quid? 1
Dos_Box Posted Friday at 15:44 Posted Friday at 15:44 I should imagine that most of you follow the wider tech news and already know this, but Oracle could be in trouble, they have huge debts for an AI data centre they are building and have invoked a force majeure notice - https://www.cnbc.com/2026/09/24/oracle-data-center-force-majeure.html 1
3s-gtech Posted Friday at 15:59 Posted Friday at 15:59 Oh no! Not lovely Oracle! Especially when they were just trying to build something nice. 3
6Foot2 Posted yesterday at 07:55 Posted yesterday at 07:55 On 25/09/2026 at 14:10, sigma said: https://www.theguardian.com/business/2026/sep/25/talktalk-administration-deal-sell-consumer-arm Hopefully, administration. Link: BT strikes deal to rescue broadband firm TalkTalk; euro slides amid France debt burden fears – business live Quote BT Group has struck a deal to buy TalkTalk out of administration, after reaching an agreement with its largest creditor. TalkTalk’s wholesale and consumer arms will be sold to BT on a debt-free basis. BT said the acquisition would cost it £400m. BT said it “recognised the risk to the country, and especially vulnerable customers and key public services, should the company collapse”. BT therefore approached the directors of TalkTalk and offered to step in immediately...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now