synaesthesia Posted February 5, 2017 Posted February 5, 2017 Blimey, Richer Sounds - there's a blast from the past. Used to get loads of odds and sods from them!
DJ-1701 Posted February 5, 2017 Posted February 5, 2017 Blimey, Richer Sounds - there's a blast from the past. Used to get loads of odds and sods from them! One word... Tandy.
mikeprice Posted February 5, 2017 Posted February 5, 2017 One word... Tandy. oooo yes - forgotten about Tandy however I bought stuff from Richer Sounds a while ago - they still exist and send me tempting emails which I drool over 1
synaesthesia Posted February 6, 2017 Posted February 6, 2017 The store I worked in had a Tandy section. Useful for electronic components and adapters you wouldn't otherwise find 1
Dos_Box Posted February 6, 2017 Author Posted February 6, 2017 One for the older gamers: Not many decent pictures of this available I'm afraid.
Boredguy Posted February 6, 2017 Posted February 6, 2017 That looks like the Elite HUD we had for the spectrum
FragglePete Posted February 6, 2017 Posted February 6, 2017 One for the older gamers: [ATTACH=CONFIG]41363[/ATTACH] Not many decent pictures of this available I'm afraid. T'was called the Lenslock - indeed for Elite on the Speccy. Loved that game back then. Pete 1
Dos_Box Posted February 6, 2017 Author Posted February 6, 2017 T'was called the Lenslock - indeed for Elite on the Speccy. Loved that game back then. Pete It is indeed, well spotted This is an early example of an anti piracy measure. What would happen is that the game, upon loading, would display garbled characters on the screen. You then put the LensLock over these and it was 'supposed' to make the letters clear and you entered them to unlock the game. That was the theory at any rate! In practice it could take quite some time to make sense of the code under the lens (if you were lucky!)
LeMarchand Posted February 6, 2017 Posted February 6, 2017 I had a combat helicopter sim with that system. Used to fire up the Speccy with twin programmed joysticks after Airwolf on Saturday! Was frustrating trying to get the thing positioned just so to read the damn code. 1
Al_NetSupport Posted February 6, 2017 Posted February 6, 2017 (edited) And a last one for the day: [ATTACH=CONFIG]41370[/ATTACH] Looks like one of the old Atari palm style PDAs they made. I had something similar and then went all hitech in the late 90s with a Handspring Visor - now that was cool Edited February 6, 2017 by Al_NetSupport 1
Dos_Box Posted February 6, 2017 Author Posted February 6, 2017 Wow! I wasn't expecting it to be got that quick! It is an Atari Portfolio hand held PC. Quite advanced for the time (and featured in the film Terminator 2): *That's it. Tomorrow I get SERIOUS! 2
Arthur Posted February 6, 2017 Posted February 6, 2017 Here's one that might be tricky from this angle... I bet @Dos_Box knows what this is though.
Garacesh Posted February 6, 2017 Posted February 6, 2017 (edited) @Arthur SEGA CD Edit: Well, one of 'em, anyway. Edited February 6, 2017 by Garacesh
Garacesh Posted February 6, 2017 Posted February 6, 2017 (edited) Oh come on, it's one of the flavours of CD, I remember that much xD It was SEGA, and it was CD's Edited February 6, 2017 by Garacesh
Arthur Posted February 6, 2017 Posted February 6, 2017 Oh come on, it's one of the flavours of CD, I remember that much xD I'll give you this one. It's the Sega CDX.
synaesthesia Posted February 6, 2017 Posted February 6, 2017 Swipe cards? That's not one of those barcode battle things is it? 2
DJ-1701 Posted February 6, 2017 Posted February 6, 2017 Swipe cards? That's not one of those barcode battle things is it? Bingo, the Barcode Battler... which in my mind was rubbish for the time. 1
Arthur Posted February 6, 2017 Posted February 6, 2017 Something a bit harder to guess (hopefully!)... Clue: It's from the mid-90s.
Dos_Box Posted February 6, 2017 Author Posted February 6, 2017 I had a vacuum cleaner attachment that looked a bit like that!
Arthur Posted February 6, 2017 Posted February 6, 2017 I had a vacuum cleaner attachment that looked a bit like that! It's neither a vacuum cleaner attachment or part of a vacuum cleaner, although I see what you mean. Another clue. You would hold it with your hand or hands.
localzuk Posted February 7, 2017 Posted February 7, 2017 Looks like a camera lens to me, with a sliding cover. Apple Quicktake? 2
Arthur Posted February 7, 2017 Posted February 7, 2017 Looks like a camera lens to me, with a sliding cover. Apple Quicktake? That's exactly right! It's an Apple QuickTake 100 digital camera.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now