+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
How do you do....it? Thread, Cashless Catering and Online Payments in Technical; How do any of you go about providing Cashless Catering and Online Payments for things like school meals, uniforms, school ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Cashless Catering and Online Payments

How do any of you go about providing Cashless Catering and Online Payments for things like school meals, uniforms, school trips, etc..?

Wes

Thank Post
    We use a system called sQuid. Each person charges there sQuid card online at the website or we have a secure/designated machine with a proxy reader to allow them to charge there cards in school too. We also have a Free meal option for guests/support staff

3. Thanks to nettechth from:

wesleyw (22nd February 2012)

TheLibrarian
    Online payments: Home | Tucasi

Cashless system: to be decided but I liked the Sharp tills and what-have-yous, they demonstrated the most mature product by far, the hardware will be supported for 10 years after it goes end of life, the supplier is bonded by Sharp which means if the supplier goes under the warranty is then taken over by Sharp. The other good point (if the MD of the supplier is to be believed) is that Sharp are the only company to have a British kite mark to say their top-up points are disabled person friendly.

It's just a shame I can't remember the supply company name, if you really want the name I will get it for you.

5. Thanks to TheLibrarian from:

wesleyw (22nd February 2012)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    We used Tucasi for online payments then moved to sQuid we had issues with Tucasi software which prompted the move (isolated case i think) sQuid is a better system for many things however the problems we have is from a parents point of view with the top ups being in sets of 10 and several items we have are 21.99, 3.99 etc meaning money is left on the sQuid system waiting until the next time instead of a one off payment as PayPal card systems do (I use this only as an example) ? Both systems did work well it was just a problem we couldn't overcome with Tucasi that sank it (shame good system otherwise and worked for around 12 - 18 months without a problem) and this top up issue with sQuid which we feel is the only negative we have with it.

Wes

Thank Post
    Yeah we kind of have the same issue, However when someone make a bank transfer to their sQuid card, it does allow us to do it in intervals of 5 and a minimum of 10, which is a little anoying since we have odd prices for our items too.

rad
    Thank Post
    We use ParentPay as the online payment and NRS as the till provider. It works well and allows parents to top up online and pay for trips effectively.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,135 Times in 1,031 Posts
    We use Cunninghams and Parentpay - most of the systems will intergrate with each other - most are mentioned on the websites of the retrospective companies.

Thank Post
    We use CRB (Cunninghams) as our cashless catering system with sQuid for our online payments for parents.

We haven't rolled out the school tips part yet but will do so into the future including uniform etc.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,170 Times in 1,605 Posts
    ParentPay has had 'issues' in the past year... Basically it went offline and caused no end of problems.

@john is probably best placed to comment on this

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,584 Times in 1,421 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylv3r View Post
    We haven't rolled out the school tips part yet but will do so into the future including uniform etc.
    You get tips?

Ben

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Can parents just pay the necessary amount with ParentPay though not in sets of 5 with a 10 minimum?

Wes

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,442 Times in 991 Posts
    Blog Entries
    We're using WisePay now for online payments, imminently moving to their back-office system, and looking at rolling out a cashless catering system to integrate in the near future, which I believe would be with Cunninghams. WisePay works very well, has integrated communication etc., runs entirely online, integrates with the MIS, and has generally been very well received by parents and staff alike. Thoroughly recommended from what we've seen so far.

rad
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wesleyw View Post
    Can parents just pay the necessary amount with ParentPay though not in sets of 5 with a 10 minimum?

Wes
    Yes, you can pay any amount depending on the minimum limit set by the school. For canteen the minimum is we have is 10 but you can top up any denomination over that amount.

Yes ParentPay had issues at the beginning of September when their site crashed as parents around the country logged on to top up.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 919 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elsiegee40 View Post
    ParentPay has had 'issues' in the past year... Basically it went offline and caused no end of problems.

@john is probably best placed to comment on this

Indeed I was at the brunt of this for around two weeks but I know ParentPay have invested in trying to ensure this doesn't happen again so we shall see. Certainly for us, if it does, it will be the end of that contract (and as its via the LA another nail in the end of using anything the LA recommend!).

Certainly if I was looking now I would be evaluating everything, I do like the look of the ParentMail+Pay system and certainly if / when re-evaluating I will be aiming to go for that as it just looks and seems a better system now and I haven't ever had any issues with obtaining support when required even on the day the UK turned white I still spoke to someone promptly and got an incredibly quick reply to the concern I had.

With regards to the actual cashless hardware, Cunninghams and Nationwide are the big two, I am going to be going Nationwide it has a much simpler integration with online payment systems and other products due to the way it works rather than using a 3rd party product to try and merge 3 IDs together which can result in confusion / poor linking / issues with systems talking etc.... but they all have pro's and con's. Our catering manager isn't 100% sold on Nationwide but she does accept that they all tick the boxes for what she needs she just didn't feel as WOW'y about the look of the hardware but we are not going for looks here we need functionality for all involved and simplicity and support options

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by plexer View Post
    You get tips?

Ben
    I wish

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast