dobbyit
Members-
Posts
162 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by dobbyit
-
We use esafe at moment but it's killing our internet as inspects all internet traffic before end user see it, 5seconds to load bbc etc. Management like esafe due to keylogging and human reporting. I'm looking at impero and netsupport for esafe element which is better any why, what do they do from a esafe point of view.
-
This did my head in for a primary school, it took ages to get my head around. Set it all up via csv then found out that iPads did not support due to age. Then found out if you can get group call to work asm works with groupcall then you don't have to edit and upload csvs everythime kids move. Course is maths, class is maths1. Again if using sims export the extact class code they use
-
We gone for all eyfs and ks1 with each class a general user account, all ks2 all passwords all set same school teachers choice, not the right way I know
-
Looking for Helpdesk software for my team
dobbyit replied to m0bov's topic in Learning Network Manager
Noted, I use it just for me to record my jobs, staff email me direct and I add jobs to it. I'm I OK to use it with gpdr -
Printing pdfs using thin clients on server 2019
dobbyit replied to dobbyit's topic in Windows Server 2019
External company, they said Google it lol -
How do you do this please
-
Looking for Helpdesk software for my team
dobbyit replied to m0bov's topic in Learning Network Manager
Spiceworks on cloud working a treat -
We have 2019 servers and thin clients. Just installed infraview to view photos. However can't find a way to set the program as default photoviewer for all. It seems I can only do this on user by user basis. Any ideas
-
Unable to print any pdfs on thin clients using thon clients, have the latest Adobe dc installed, correct print driver. No error messages given apart from this documwmt cannot be printed
-
How do I delete a scheduled folder in office 365, it has 21 emails in, i can move the emails out of the folder but still says folder is scheduled I am unable to delete or rename the folder
-
Visitors wifi form or pc access
dobbyit replied to dobbyit's topic in Data Protection & Information Handling
Staff and pupils have to currently sign a user disclaimer -
Hello does anybody have a form school visitors need to sign before allowing them to use a school computer Does anybody have a form school visitors need to sign before they connect their mobile or laptop to the school wifi Do you give them the wificode and proxy settings or do you put these details in for them Any templates would be useful Thank you on advance
-
I've been advised to go for the thin client approach in a primary school. Would you advise it for everybody, or just children or staff. What's peoples thoughts on thin clients only me in as techie in a large primary school
-
I am looking for a program (free) that will scan my network for all computers, printers and a bonus switches, servers. I’m looking for name of pc, and if possible any specification of the machine. Any ideas
-
Google releases web app version of Chrome Remote Desktop
dobbyit replied to Arthur's topic in Cloud Services
Been trying this but can't get it to work on works PC, something is blocked but not sure what ports or URLs need unblocking. We use external firewall -
Office 365 sharing admin account to admin account
dobbyit replied to dobbyit's topic in Office Software
Going to try this again next week, hope I am just missing something simple knowing me. -
we using RMUnify firewall, not sure how to set up VPN
-
Is there another remote program I can use apart from teamviewer on my pc as it keeps saying teamviewer is being used commercially, i would like to access my work pc from home to get used to the network system and eventually do updates at night time
-
Office 365 sharing admin account to admin account
dobbyit replied to dobbyit's topic in Office Software
Still no joy in sharing account to link into my account after nearly 24 hours, must of missed a step somewhere along the lines -
Office 365 sharing admin account to admin account
dobbyit replied to dobbyit's topic in Office Software
I made sharing then tested, then changed permission tested then cleared browsing cache still nothing. Will try again if it could take longer than my patience. Thanks for advise -
I'm after sharing the inboxes of an administrator account in office365 to my account also an administrator. He shared his inbox with me, given me owner permission. I've added it to my mail box, I can see his name with a drop down icon but when clicked (you do not have permission to perform) . Any ideas?
-
Print Management Solution & Scanning to Sims
dobbyit replied to Tefters's topic in Enterprise Software
We used paid software scan to Sims but it was too expensive for what we wanted. Now we just scan document as normal on copier, save file on a network location, upload to sims manually. Office staff love this way so much easier than using paid software. -
First day done, jobs done Admin permission in exchange Looking around my PC files and folders Reorgansied my desk Checked I understood the school backups School policies and induction Home time already All in all had a good day
