Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

supportman

Members
  • Posts

    2,108
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by supportman

  1. How does the catering stuff work? What system does it sync with?
  2. Oh wow really interested in this, its our plan to replace our current system and Teams makes sense. How have you found it?
  3. It is very good, but its just making up for the parts missing in Sims. Although I'm not sure the interface is that great and the requirement to put the SimsID in active directory each year is a pain... Both Bromcom and iSams provide most of that stuff as standard in a cloud product.
  4. The only thing I've ever needed powershell for is mass deleting an email, everything else can be done in the excellent web GUI these days.
  5. Nice! I didn't even know about the backup copy functionality! I'd be interested in if anyone has managed to get this working with Azure.
  6. Why does anyone need an onsite Exchange server these days? Genuinely interested! We haven't had one for 6 years now.
  7. I would think so... You can always just install Office 2019 as well. Its not a big issue.
  8. Am I the only one who thinks stuff like this is a good idea? I think its great to see a company compiling logs and reports to better their products.
  9. Yes about £1,500 for us from memory for a 5 year license and 6 hosts. Its very cheap relatively.
  10. I'd be really interested in this as well. I need to do a fiber audit. Anyone any ideas on how old OM1 and OM2 are so I could at least guess?
  11. These look incredible! Has anyone given them a test yet? Are they available in the UK from any suppliers? We are going to upgrade to these I think school wide. I've always wanted to see a graph of the network usage easily, such a cool feature!!
  12. Can you email office groups now? I'm sure this didn't used to be possible and we setup separate distribution lists...
  13. We use it as well school wide as our VLE, its the best VLE we have had so far and we've had a few over the years We use SDS (ruler.co.uk to create the CSV files each month) to auto create all the groups We have a student and staff policy with private chat disabled for students We disable Gifs and stickers for students and staff Its all relatively easy to setup and doesn't take long. We also use it as our homework system. You can check a nice video here on how it works: One day hoping to use it for our phone system as well...
  14. Yeh thats one of the companies we tested it with, they have been promising that for 3 years We gave up and didn't renew with them after the first year as the speeds were so slow.
  15. Tried it with various 3rd party utilities but webdav was too slow for our users.
  16. We just needed a data patch for that, not the full release. [TABLE=width: 100%] [TR] [TD]KB-481851 - SWC errors 4228 & 4410 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]KB-481851 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Description [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]After creating and validation workforce census errors 4228 & 4410 for non teaching staff members which cannot be cleared. [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]WorkAround [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Solution [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Apply patch 25307 which is available on Solus. This patch is included in SIMS 7.190 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Links [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]If error affect SIMS Primary, please log a case as a script will need to be run on the database to resolve. SIMS.net patches of any kind cannot be run on SIMS Primary. [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]
  17. We used the internal DB for about that size school and it works fine.
  18. We used fixed C drive of about 120gb on most machines, SSD local storage.
  19. This change actually happened already 2 years ago. They sent out a massive bulk email to all customers about it and it was mentioned on these forums. The split seemed acromonous from Biostore because they were releasing their own cashless system. We moved a while ago and had to re-register all students
  20. We found this as well to the point where some of our staff are scared to ring them. I personally find the system incredibly complicated with all their schedualed tasks and convoluted installs. I do wonder if there is something better out there....
  21. Will wait for Christmas on this one I think.
  22. What area wasnt working?
  23. Are they on POE or Injectors? I saw someone else having this issue and it was the power supply not working great. The new Gen2 Unify switches just announced look incredible! But I still will probably use injectors just to be safe in our setup.
  24. Yep sadly it is very restricted to only 20 users at a time applying policies.
×
×
  • Create New...