Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Disaster

Members
  • Posts

    778
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Disaster

  1. I won't have to get a taxi home from the pub.
  2. According to the movies of the 90's, you could make a decent humanoid robot out of all that tat and even send it to your work instead of yourself. Give it a go!
  3. Resort World is right by it... https://www.resortsworldbirmingham.co.uk/ Edit: Got a casino, get on that roulette table!!! ha
  4. If people need to complain about what's on TV then they probably have a cushy life with nothing of any relevance to complain about. Send them to Syria or some other country in crisis and then remind them of their "complaint" when they get back. And burn their houses down too while we're at it. /Rant
  5. I have a Moto G4 on android 6. I don't think it has mega build quality and battery life is alright not exceptional, but it was £160 and you can get them in Argos. Specwise I think it's pretty speedy and does everything I want with some nice little features to turn on camera/flashlight etc. Had generally amazing reviews along with the Wileyfox and Oneplus equivalents. I bought a case in the end as I trashed my Sony twice in 2 weeks!
  6. I've always had some good deals through crystal ski in Austria. Missed out on it this year so had to DIY it. They have some offers on ski passes on certain holidays which can save you a few quid!
  7. Pilkington - The round headed buffoon. S1-06ish onwards
  8. Still going to buy them at the Airport on my way home from skiing. Can't go home to the missus empty handed...
  9. Hi All, sorry to dig up an old thread, but I need SIMS.net enrolment plugin which should be available from here but it downloads with a password annoyingly. Help enyone? http://www.uctc.e-sussex.sch.uk/moodle_sims.net_enrolment_plugin.zip
  10. I worked out that a 2/3 year old BMW of about 3 years would depreciate about by about £7k plus a grand tops for loan and you're looking at it costing £7/8k over the 3 years, plus usual motoring costs - but you own the car completely etc. Although not like for like (leasing seems only available on new cars?) a BMW over 3 years for a similar spec to above would work out at about £10k over 3 years. Worth noting; a teacher at my school leases a VW and it developed a major issued and expected him to sort it. However, the cost was so high, he was no way going to be able to fix it, so they did the repair and charged him an excess fee. It's because they own the car and if they get it back in crap state then it's not as worth as much too them, so it was more in their interest over the long term to fix it. Not sure how common practice this is though....
  11. Thanks, that sounds feasible. As the cabinet all this sits in is bolted to the wall it's hard to make out what goes where. I'm just support the primary as a favour so no idea if anyone has tinkered with it, but they reckon it;s not been touched. hmmmmm. Looks like I'm going to have to get my hands dirty and redo the wiring.
  12. Thanks for the help. I do think that there's too much input signal from somewhere - but the temp light being always on threw me. But I guess it would be on right away as soon as the system is turned on the signal is there: here's a pic
  13. Good day, Got an issue with a primary school Amplifier in their media setup for their Hall. It's a proSound 1600w (Maplin own brand I believe). The temp light immedaitely comes on when the amp is turned on, and amp cuts out a lot. It is attached to a mixer and the volume only has to be nudged off zero for the sound to be super loud - but the amp cuts out at any level and comes. The amp doesn;t turn off and the audio comes back after a few seconds only for it to cut off again. This happens when playing a CD via an equalizer, which strangely enough, none have volume controls on Any ideas folks? Cheers in advance!
  14. we use Insight - Tasc Software, does parents evening bookings as well I think...
  15. Disaster

    OMG

    Just drawn something like this and pretend it was the only photo you could retrieve:
  16. Hi Guys, rather than starting a new thread, does anyone have a link to a decent stretching routing. As I get older, I wan't to keep flexibility up. Cheers!
  17. I thought you meant this;
  18. I have a heavy bag knocking about my house and thought about the same thing. It weighs a lot and would take a monstrous frame to make it usable and that's without the space consideration, you don't want to accidentally kick the frame so it would have to be big!
  19. Might treat myself to the 3 or 2 for my Birthday. Works out cheaper to buy one of these and get a sim only deal. Contracts are expensive these days if you want a fancy phone!
  20. In Birmingham, I regularly see them on Estate Agents via Rightmove, might be becuase we're rather densely populated round 'ere!
  21. Obligatory ancient aliens reference
  22. Easy peasy and go through money saving expert or quidco as mentioned above and get your cashback to boot. I think they both require sign up, but worth it.
  23. Hands, always hands. Even if I end up looking like this: http://cache3.asset-cache.net/gc/509780049-chocolate-baby-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=TiT%2FiiTe%2FrrPlYlN8I33A%2FIBjr9WvX1Y2wS7fJZCfujwPSie8xLqskiTEzgHT6PO
×
×
  • Create New...