-
Posts
1,433 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by ICTNUT
-
Bitrhday Bot don't like me I got an email saying happy birthday but no mention here...... Happy birthday all have a good one, I intend too
-
I'll PM you shortly
-
[closed] bug/error: Return To Edugeek After Donation
ICTNUT replied to FN-GM's topic in EduGeek.net Site Problems
Just to add to this I did click on the donate link selected my amount, went to the paypal site got distracted left my PC and when I can back I have a PM saying we see you have donated. Now I know I will but have not yet hmmmmm? -
It was not check anyway.
-
Right I created a new security group in AD for the careers guys, added them to this group, then in gaurdian I added this goup as an "unfiltered" group and restarted the proxy. Went to the user and HELLO it works. So the up side is it must be the filter, the downside is that they are no longer filtered. Any ideas where next.
-
OK Done this and no change. I have had a look at the logs and it simply shows an exception for the URL and a status of 200 which is what I would expect. Hmmmm as he runs off to try something.......
-
Shrimpersfan: If I read this correctly you are passing into your Stored Procedure the ContactID and TaxYear: You have defined @TaxYear as an Integer but then you are trying to change it to something else here: Where does TaxProYear come from? Your INSERT statement has no where clause so this would account for ALL quotes being added. I dont understand what the last SELECT statement is for as you are not actually outputting anything back. Does this make sense
-
Had already done this no joy Which do you need? Already done. My PC is the only unfiltered PC, i.e. does not go through the proxy, and it works for me so it must be a guardian issue.
-
Hi All, We have network gaurdian and have an issue with Citrix connectivity. We have offsite careers services that come in 3 times a week and they connect to thier office via web based citrix. Now they can access the domain and login to the citrix web frontend however in order to launch outlook or office applications it launches the ICA32 Client which then promptly falls over saying it cannot connect to the proxy. I have tried allsorts to get this working anyone have any ideas??
-
Smoothwall Network Guardian Negatives?
ICTNUT replied to mb2k01's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Tom please don't take this as a bad negative, if such a thing exisits. I have/will by into an annual contract with Smoothwall but the only reason for this is due to the royal shafting I got with the other filter. However I can apreciate that some people may want to buy into a longer term contract and they may have the need to set budgets for the next [x] number of years so at least they will know exactly what to expect in years 2, 3 and so on. -
Smoothwall Network Guardian Negatives?
ICTNUT replied to mb2k01's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
I would agree, if you buy into a 3 year contract I would expect to get 3 years of support also. BLOXX did do this but then, just like websense, you REALLY did need it. I think knowing what you are getting right from the start is a good thing, a clear pricing policy can only be a winner. -
Smoothwall Network Guardian Negatives?
ICTNUT replied to mb2k01's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
We have not had any issues with MAC's authenticating, however with BLOXX it was a complete no no. -
Smoothwall Network Guardian Negatives?
ICTNUT replied to mb2k01's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
No as it is just not flexible enough and the cost of it is far to expensive for what it does. You know me I stray as far away from county as I can -
Smoothwall Network Guardian Negatives?
ICTNUT replied to mb2k01's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
The guys at smoothwall have been chasing me for an evaluation for some time so last month I caved in and setup a VM within our VMWare setup. I had the VM (Network Gaurdian) installed in 30 mins, had it configured and running in about 2 hours and since then, about 5 weeks now, I have had nothing but complaints I LOVE THIS THING ! Yes I am buying it at the end of the month, yes thier support team is the mutz nutz, the fact that most students complain that they cannot get to the proxies they used to be able to, staff not being able to randomly download rubbish and yes more complaints from them. I know its working ! What have I used for the last 3 years Ihear you ask, Bloxx, never again. Bad Points, hmmmm let me see. 1 - It takes a little getting used to the way that guardian works with regards to filtering if you have never been exposed to a 'proper' filtering system but once you have played with itfor a few days you'll get the hang of it. 2 - Getting my head around the reports at the moment and this is taking time, maybe this is not a bad point just lack of user enthusiasm Anyhow give it a go you have nothing to loose but alot to gain, and if you decide that you don't want it after the eval throw it this way I'll have another one. -
Can you imagine little versions of Dos_Box and Ric_ being handed out all over the place. "At a meeting with some high flyers in education Dos_Box starts networking by handing out loads of Mini Me's...... !"
-
I love these sadly looks like they are for employees only LEGO Business Card | Geekdad from Wired.com
-
Just as an update to this and to clarify, ANFS and a few other tools I have written are being donated to Edugeek and will be made open source vis the projects area. Bizzel will be in control of this and we hope to have this done soon, I am sure an announcment will be made once the transition is complete.
-
Hi, ANFS and some other software that we have produced is being made available via the EduGeek projects section as open source and free. I am in the process of packing these up and I will be passing them over to Bizzle who will be managing these projects from then on. Hopefully the transfer will complete this week.
-
Ok redid the GRANT privilages and rebooted the server "a couple of times" and all seems to be working Thanks guys for the pointers.
-
WinXP Sp2 Telnet Reports: So looks good also
-
netstat -l shows: Will assume listening on the box Any other ideas?
-
Nope done that set it to the Server IP Address
-
The user has full control of that DB on the mysql server and is allowed to connect from any host (%) so in thoery it should work
-
Hi Guys, I have 2 server (Ubuntu 8.10) one setup as a web server and the other as a mysql server I want to allow the web server (moodle) to connect to the dbserver but I am getting access denied issues. Does anyone know what I need to do to allow remote db access from the web server? From what I can see on the Ubuntu forums there are no firewall restrictions and this would seem to be correct cos if i do: I get asked for the password and upon entering this i get: Any ideas?
-
Axel AX3000 m70 for Lesson Monitor
ICTNUT replied to SwedishChef's topic in Thin Client and Virtual Machines
Yes we are using Server 2008 TS but you have to remember to trun off the new Network Authentication method in2008 as these units do not yet support this, however, I have been told that they are working on this.
