-
Posts
209 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Ertech
-
Thanks - I will make sure these are selected: Critical Updates Definition Updates Security Updates Update Rollups Updates
-
anyone happy to share their selected classifications on WSUS? Thanks
-
Unlocking BitLocker with TPM - should I clear the TPM?
Ertech replied to Ertech's topic in Windows 10
Any other things I need to watch out for when rolling out BitLocker with TPM? -
Unlocking BitLocker with TPM - should I clear the TPM?
Ertech replied to Ertech's topic in Windows 10
So the way forward is not to clear. These devices were in use and I'm not sure if the TPMs were used at any point and stored anything.. - hope they don't cause issues. -
I am planning rollout BitLocker and use TPM 1.2 to automatically unlock - is it necessary to clear/initialize the TPM before I start the encryption process? Plan to backup BitLocker Recovery Key to AD. thanks in advance.
-
Rolling out Bitlocker - MBAM needed yes/no? TPM Owner Password
Ertech replied to SpaceInvader83's topic in Windows 10
I am looking to rollout BitLocker (AD joined) with TPM 1.2 using automatic unlocks and was wondering if I need to set any trusted platform module services GPOs? - e.g. prevent TPM lockouts? Thanks -
one of user's sent emails appear in Draft folder on some occasions - I have turned off the auto save draft option but no luck. Any suggestion on how to fix it? Thanks
-
I was looking online and come across BitLocker changing the recovery key randomly - anyone experienced this issue? https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/2062878-why-does-bitlocker-change-the-recovery-key Thanks
-
Zero touch to encrypt with out TPM
-
Is there a way to automatically backup the key for devices without TPM?
-
is there a Zero-Touch BitLocker Deployment for domain joined devices (no TPM)? Thanks
-
If we have already selected Critical Updates, Definition Updates , Security Updates and UPDATES on auto approval do we still need to select "Update Rollups"?
-
The classifications (critical, security, drivers, etc.)
-
Hi all, I was just wondering which WSUS classifications do you select for Windows 10? Thanks
-
We have a strange problem with Lenovo E72 devices where these devices have the same physical mac address therefore getting the same IP address. I could change the mac address manually but I want a permanent solution/fix- any suggestions?
-
Tearing my hair out trying to install Win 2012 R2
Ertech replied to swpmre's topic in Windows Server 2012
Try updating the BIOS/UEFI - that might work. -
Try to enable Secure Boot and give it another try.
-
Try updating the BIOS - that might help.
-
It could be related to the known issues - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/status-windows-10-1903
-
[1809, ou] Disabling touch on LCD interactive screen - Windows 10
Ertech replied to Ertech's topic in Windows 10
I have followed these steps: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028019/windows-enable-and-disable-your-touchscreen-in-windows-10 anything else I need to disable? Thanks -
[1809, ou] Disabling touch on LCD interactive screen - Windows 10
Ertech replied to Ertech's topic in Windows 10
reg will be a good solution to permanently turn it off - I want to be able to turn it on and off using the Device manager.. -
[1809, ou] Disabling touch on LCD interactive screen - Windows 10
Ertech posted a topic in Windows 10
We have LCD interactive touch screen with built in OPC module (Windows 10). The screens does not have the function to disable the touch from its settings so I need to disable the touch from the OPC unit. I have followed the steps as Microsoft recommends: Device manager> disable touch drivers and that works up until the point the device gets restarted - the driver shows as disabled but the touch still operates.... any ideas why this could happen? Thanks -
The GPO above hasn't disabled the UNC paths or the cmd lines within the search area -anyone got a solution for this?
-
I'm having problem installing W10 using a bootable USB on a LENOVO ThinkCentre E73 - changed the BIOS settings to UEFI but that hasn't helped. It installs the OS but it gets stuck at the initial startup and keeps displaying "Getting ready" - anyone experienced similar issue with Lenovo devices? Thanks
