Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Ertech

Members
  • Posts

    209
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ertech

  1. I may need to find a logon script to delete the printers in the mean time - anyone have good powershell script to delete an individual network printer? Printer targeting and rearranging is something for the future.
  2. Oaktech I have just noticed something.. The main site printers have been pushed out by Print Deployment (not GPP) at the top domain level - having the "delete all shared printers" GPO at the bottom level or using both methods could be causing the problem?
  3. I have just tried that but no luck - I'm running out of ideas.. any other suggestions?
  4. Hi All I have tried the DeleteAllSharedPrinters GPO and it's giving a failure error Code: 0x80070005 on the GPRESULT - has anyone come across this issue before? I have a error log on the client - event ID 10016 The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {2593F8B9-numbers and characters} and APPID {15C20B67-numbers and characters} to the user \username SID (S-1-5-21-1826920540-numbers-numbers…) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool. Many thanks
  5. I have the old GPO which has been changed from UPDATE to DELETE which seems to be causing a conflict - the separate GPO to 'Delete all shared printer connections' is failing (Error code:0x8007005) which is at the lower level for test purposes. Can I not use two separate GPOs?
  6. I have just tried 'Delete all shared printer connections' but no luck - missing something?
  7. It's a client side processing. I cannot get my head around on why the DELETE GPO is not doing the job - is there any other way of deleting the printer?
  8. I have pushed out a network shared printer using GPO on user level (User Configuration > Preferences > Control Panel Settings > Printers > Shared Printer) which worked well - now it's time to remove the printer and I have changed the "UPDATE" action to "DELETE" but the printer is still on the computers. The PC is getting the GPO but it's not removing the printer - any ideas on how to remove the printer? Thanks in advance
  9. Has anyone used Wonde MIS integration and tried using the self service password reset? Thanks
  10. Hi Does the self service password reset option work on discoveryeducation website? Thanks
  11. Had a look at this but was not able to find the path in Regedit.
  12. I wanted apply regedit to a specific Computer OU but did not want to get into the loopback merging and using Office user GPO - just looking for simple regedit. Many thanks
  13. Hi Does anyone know a regedit to turn off cached mode on Outlook 2016? Thanks in advance.
  14. Hi We are upgrading from 1809 to 1909 using WSUS and we could use a set of GPO policies to restart the devices to finalise the updates out side working hours. The "No auto-restart with logged on users for scheduled automatic updates" needs to be DISBALED in order to get this working - there is a risk here where the computer may "restart and update" during active hours (when users are logged and working on doc) if the "restart and update" deadline is passed. The device checks, download and installs the update but managing/ initiating the "restart and update" process is not possible unless end-user takes the action when "No auto-restart with logged on users for scheduled automatic updates" ENABLED Is there a "Restart and Update" PowerShell/CMD line that can be used without installing any modules? I dont think you could schedule the "restart and update" using a GPO to schedule a specific time for all devices? - unless the "No auto-restart with logged on users for scheduled automatic updates" is DISABLED Many thanks
  15. Does anyone know where to find the drivers for the DfE Windows Dynabook ET10-G-105 (B) tablets? -I can't see the model on their website. Thanks
  16. I have tried to revoke licences in AC2 in order to transfer the legacy VPP to ASM but I am getting the same error during the revoke process - there was a problem communicating with the VPP store...
  17. I haven not recoved the licenses and AC2 is not giving me that option revoke option- could that be done ASM?
  18. many thanks for the article - when i follow the steps to revoke all assigned licences it still says -there was a problem communicating with the VPP store...
  19. We have been using Apple configuration 2 to manage our iPads and upgraded the legacy VPP account to Apple school manager - however apple configuration2 stopped working since we upgraded the account. it just says "There was a problem communicating with the VPP store - have i missed something during account upgrade process. Many thanks
  20. I will check these out. Thanks again.
  21. Should not be as I haven't changed any BIOS settings - I imagined W10 LTSC would be the same as W10 Pro for cam/mic. Thanks
  22. Hope you are all staying safe. I have a strange issue with our laptops which has builtin Cameras and Microphones but these are not being seen/picked up by any of the video conferencing tools - are there any settings/services that I need to enable on these W10 LTSC 2019 laptops for them to work? Thanks
  23. is it reasonable to say min 1GB RAM and 1vCPU per session/user? so if we have 30 active session we are looking at min 30GB RAM and 30vCPU (15 core)
  24. What is the minimum/average RAM and CPU core requirement for Windows Remote Server 2016 - looking to have 30 simultaneous active sessions (usually running Word, Outlook, Excel, Browsing Internet)? Thanks
  25. Stone group is another one - https://www.stonegroup.co.uk/contact/recycling-collection/
×
×
  • Create New...